“Fabulous business hotel in the heart of makati” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairmont Makati

Fairmont Makati
Ranked #3 of 82 Hotels in Makati
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Fabulous business hotel in the heart of makati”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights last week - my first stay with the hotel, and had an outstanding experience. Modern comfortable and luxurious rooms, great friendly service, great breakfast spread, and good wi-fi access, and one of the best locations in makati! What more can one ask for! Would strongly recommend to those travelling to makati.

The only slight disappointment was the dinner at the coffee shop. I didn't go for the buffet -the a la carte food ordered by 4 of us was mediocre at best.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank vinay-shwetha
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Dear Vinay,

I'm glad to learn about your outstanding overall experience at Fairmont Makati. It was our pleasure to be of service to you.

Thank you for your wonderful feedback, I'm glad that we were able to provide you a comfortable and enjoyable stay experience. I have also taken note of the particular incident that left you disappointed in our restaurant. Rest assured that this has been shared with our Culinary team so they can investigate on what happened and ensure that this will not occur again.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kent, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

I stayed at the Fairmont Makati hotel for 4 nights over a course of 2 separate stays. The hotel is situated across the street from the group of malls—glorietta, greenbelt and landmark. The hotel also shares a block with the Raffles Makati, which is an all-suite / part-residency hotel establishment. Below is my assessment of the Fairmont Makati:

SECURITY / DRIVEWAY
As you pull up towards the driveway, your vehicle is met by security / bomb check / security dog. This is uncommon in places where I live, but these type of checks are more prevalent and normal in Manila. From that security check, you would take a right turn towards Fairmont (going straight would take you to Raffles). As you approach the driveway, you are greeted with friendly door men and hotel staff. The doormen quickly whisper my luggage and said they would deliver it to my room. Another great thing that I would like to note is that every time you would use a cab out of the hotel, the hotel staff would note down what the license plate and name of the car is—this was great and made me feel extremely secure.

CHECK IN
Check in was alright. It seemed like it took longer than usual—with all of the passport photo copying, logistical stuff, and upsell for a better room—one of the front desk people was really trying to sell another room to me, almost aggressively, but I continued to decline since a larger room wasn't necessary for my stay in Manila.

THE ROOM
My friend and I stayed in the standard Fairmont Room with 2 double beds. The room was extremely clean and a really big size for it being a standard room. Upon entrance, the TV was on and played soft background music—that was a nice touch. Since I am a presidents club member, I got free wifi! Also, there were 3 apples on the table next to the window with a thoughtful note from the hotel manager. The bathroom was a good size too. I thought that the bathtub was actually placed oddly in the bathroom space—but I didn't use it so I can not speak to how the bathtub was. The rain shower is always a great touch to the room—in my opinion. Fairmont's toiletries (shampoo, body wash, hard soap) is always the Rose 31 brand. Since I've stayed in other Fairmont hotel properties in the past, I typically love the scent. But for some reason, this particular set of toiletries smelled a bit differently—it had that rose scent to it, but smelled a little bad (i know that's not the best description, but oh well..) The bed was nice, comfortable and large.

THE SERVICE
I was really impressed with the service here at the Fairmont Makati. Since I have family who lives in the vicinity, I had 5 family members come up with me to my room. One of the turn down service members saw us on the hallway and asked if I wanted my room to be ready for bed. I requested for a later time as I was with my family. Later that evening, I received a knock on the door and the man brought over a tray full of COMPLIMENTARY truffles! WOW. One for each of us! That was such a great touch—that he recognized that I had guests and was very thoughtful to bring up some treats for me and my guests. VERY IMPRESSED. Another nice touch is having a call in nurse in the facility. I had gotten sick towards the end of my stay and the nurse came up to assess my health and suggested medication. She sold me some medication, which wasn't that much money at all (I think 7 php per tablet).

THE POOL
The pool at the Fairmont makati is a very large size (much larger than the Raffles Makati). There are two sections, one that's more deep and another that's shallow. My friend and I stayed near the semi-covered cabana towards the end of the pool. It rained towards the end of our pool experience. I would say that the pool boys at the Fairmont's pool weren't as attentive as those from the Raffles pool.

MACAROON CAFE
Adjacent to the lobby was the macaroon cafe which had many pastries, macaroons and even truffles! The variety of macaroon were very unique! I was impressed. I even tried a doughsant (doughnut + croissant. I'm used to them being called Cronuts)—it tasted good! I was really impressed by one of the girls that was working at the Macaroon Cafe. I'm forgetting her name, but she was extremely friendly and spoke very amicably towards her guests. I had accidentally left my lens cap from my camera in the morning, and went about my day. When i arrived back at the hotel, I passed the cafe and she ran after me to send me back my lost item. WOW, so nice for her to save it for me and to remember who I was. She was such a delight to interact with.

All in all, I would say that the Fairmont Makati is a great place to stay. It is one of the newest (if not THE newest hotel alongside with Raffles). From service to experience, I would rate it a 5 star. Try this place out. It is a much more affordable hotel than the Raffles.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jerome B
Dear Jerome,

I wish to thank you for your graciousness and generosity. You have given Raffles Makati a wonderful review and now, you are doing the same for Fairmont Makati - thank you very much!

Same as Raffles, I'm glad to know that your overall experience at Fairmont was wonderful. Thank you for sharing with us everything you loved about your stay. Your comments will help us understand the needs of our guests so we can further improve on our services, which is why it's great to receive a tip or two from our patrons.

Among the positive feedbacks that you've shared, what made me happiest is your commendation on the quality of service our hotel colleagues provide. Thank you for acknowledging their dedication and hardwork.

Thank you once again, Jerome. I look forward to welcoming you back with family and friends either at Fairmont or Raffles.

Tuckerton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Fairmont Hotel in Makati for 4 great nights , the hotel staff was exceptional .. smiles all around and sincerely friendly .
The most pleasurable and relaxing evening was at the Pool bar , peace and quiet , with again a great staff , the CEO's ( Cheif entertainment officers , Pam & Haj ) kept me smiling , Joesph was also very attentive , and Kris kept the drinks coming , and finally Laura , all I can say is Laura with her bright smile , cheerful attitude and best of all she laughed at all my jokes , truly a gem ..Laura made you feel comfortable and not like you were just sitting at a bar away from home , but made you feel like you were among friends , wish I could have stayed long ..
My next trip to the Philippines I will return to the Fairmont Hotel .
Chris

Room Tip: Ask for the Gold membership , and if possible include the great breakfast in your room rate
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Christopher O
Dear Christopher,

The pleasure is ours! Thank you very much for choosing Fairmont Makati as your accommodation during your business trip. I'm happy to learn that you will stay with us again on your next trip. I look forward to that!

I'm glad that what you enjoyed most during your stay was the friendliness and service of our hotel colleagues. I'm delighted that Pam, Haj, Joseph, Kris and Laura made you feel taken care of. I will make sure they receive your kind words about them.

Thank you once again and see you soon!

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Can not fault this hotel. Very new - rooms are great. Good spot for walking around - felt very save. Will stay here again. Spa was very good too - had a lovely facial. Raffles right next door and you can use the bars and charge back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank liztravel01
Dear Liz,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your stay at Fairmont Makati. I'm glad that overall, it was a wonderful experience and you will consider coming back on your next visit to Manila.

I'm grateful for your positive feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

My husband and I spent three nights here for our first visit to Manila.
From the moment of the easy check,in the floral be decked lobby, to being taken to room 749 on the Gold Passport floor we knew we were in for a delightful time.
The room had free Wifi, water and fruit but the Concierge lounge where we had breakfast with, a view was exceptional. Service was unobtrusive and perfect. It was so very easy to have breakfast there, also pre dinner drinks.
I had a Hilot massage with banana leaves with soft music playing, a nice antidote to the traffic and pollution outside. The swimming pool was attractively designed to allow for lap swimming, and a place for young children.
The only meal we had in the hotel was at the Longbar, peanut shells on the floor and live music. The food was fine but then the food in Manila had been terrific.
The hotel opened last year and is perfectly located to explore several malls and department stores, it's a big plus to be able to walk everywhere in Manila.

Room Tip: Try the Gold Passport floor, it's excellent.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MicheleColette
Dear Michele,

I'm glad to learn that you and your husband had a wonderful stay with us. We're very honored to be your home away from home for your first visit to Manila. I hope the rest of your trip went well and that you enjoyed your vacation in the Philippines.

Thank you for giving positive feedback on the Fairmont Gold Lounge. I'm glad you find the service exceptional and had a wonderful time during breakfast and cocktail hours. I'm happy to know that you found relaxation in our signature massage treatment, Hilot. On your next visit, I encourage that you try our Sweet Honey Body Bliss in which the honey is made by our local bees.

I wish to thank you as well for giving wonderful comments on the Long Bar and our recreational facilities. I do hope that on your second trip to Manila, you will consider staying at Fairmont Makati once again.

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stayed overnight at the Fairmont in Makati and had a great time. Checking-in was a breeze and was done in 5 minutes. The room we chose had a very comfortable King size bed and the room was spotless and the attention to detail was very obvious. There is a shower enclosure and a bathtub as well. The bathroom amenities were a wonderful scent of Rose, although it seems more appreciated by the women. The hallways are quite spacious and there are very visible directions to the rooms.
We went down to have Happy Hour at the Long Bar and it was great that this is within the hotel complex. The lobby is not as huge as the other older hotels around Makati, but it is quite comfortable and serves some interesting cocktails and non-alcoholic drinks. Check-out was quite fast as well.
I would definitely stay over again and recommend the Fairmont Makati to many others.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank toriper
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay experience at Fairmont Makati.

I'm glad to learn that you found your room comfortable and the amenities wonderful. I'm also delighted to know that you enjoyed the Happy Hour at the Long Bar. On your next visit, I invite you to try the other dining outlets and also the spa treatments at Willow Stream for an even more relaxing stay experience.

Thank you once again for your positive feedback and for holding Fairmont Makati in such high regard. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

I think this is the best hotel money can get in Metro Manila. I base my opinion on a number of reasons.
1. Location : Makati is the only district with modern facilities in par with the Western world. This hotel is next to the best malls in Makati and is within walking distance to hundreds of nice restaurants and tons of shops. The neighbourhood is modern and free from the sleaziness, squalor or dirt seen in Malate or Ermita. It is close to both the NAIA and the old Manila city.
2. This hotel is 5 star facilities and is brand new.
3. There is a nice pool and also a nice gym.
4. Service is on the whole of 5 start standard. The concierge is particularly flawlessly considerate.
5. The hotel shares the use of restaurants operated by the adjacent Raffles Hotel. The Writers Room is particularly a nice bar for those insomniac nights.
There are a few flaws.
1. Housekeeping only gives me 1 set of toiletries for 3 nights of stay.
2. The Food and Beverages are not top notch, I do not find the food tasty at all both in the restaurant and in the rooms service.
3. Check in staff were not helpful. I found them quite pompous although that's not uncommon in other Filipino 5 star facilities.

Overall, I would recommend and personally return to the Fairmont Makati

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank JayneWong
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear Jayne,

I wish to thank you for taking the time to enumerate the factors that made your stay in our hotel memorable, as well as those areas that we can improve on.

Thank you for commending the services provided by our Concierge team. I will make sure to share with them your wonderful review. I'd like to thank you also for giving positive feedback on our facilities and Writers Bar.

In regards to the other experiences you find that require improvement, I have already shared your inputs with the concerned departments for their action in order to avoid such flaws to happen again.

Again, thank you for your valuable feedback. I'm glad to know that you look forward to returning to Fairmont Makati on your next visit to Manila.