“Perfect!”
Review of Fairmont Makati

Fairmont Makati
Ranked #3 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I initially booked three nights here. As the tyfoon Yolanda was forecasted I cancelled my flight to Boracay and decided to enhance my stay at this hotel for safety reasons. I cannot praise the help of the two concierges Manuel Jr. (chief concierge) and Ray high enough. They did a tremendous job organizing everything including re-arranging of flights, rebooking hotels, etc. to make my stay as relaxed and smooth as it could be. So at the end I made of my initial 3 night stay a 7 night stay and do not regret this at all! Still went to Boracay later on when everything was safe again.

My room was well equiped and very modern, given the fact that the opening of the hotel was in December 2012. Comfy bed and a very handy control device to steer light, ac, alarm clock, etc. with it. Nice equiped mini bar, flat screen tv, marble bathroom with loads of mirrors and a refreshing rainforest shower.

All the saff members were very friendly, professional, efficient and there was nothing too much to ask for. The breakfast buffet was all about top quality. Even though in some hotels they have even a wider range of dishes, it didn't bothered me, as everything which was there was of the finest quality. Perfect muesli, fruits, asian corner with dumplings, sushi, beef, fresh honey and an absolute perfect espresso.

Also the hotel's facilities were absolutely great. Modern outstanding gym, big pool with sea water, steam bath and a nice SPA. You have also direct access to the Fairmont hotel which is in the same building. So you can walk to the Writer's bar or the Longbar to get the famous Singapore Sling or try the Makati Deluxe Sling :-)

Security is on a very high standard. So nothing at all to worry about. Another great thing of course was the location. Greenbelt shopping mall is just across the street. It's a nicely done park area in the middle of Makati with plenty of shops including high end brands like Hermes, etc. and outdoor dinging facilities and bars. So for a first-time visitor of Manila it was the right decision for me to stay here, as everything was so convenient. Should you still want to explore other areas, no problem. You can ask the hotel to provide you a driver (safest option) or you can go with a public cab.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank daspot
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

I'm sorry to hear that you had to cancel your flight to Boracay, but I'm glad that you had a safe and wonderful stay with us.

I'm happy to learn that your overall experience at Fairmont Makati was wonderful and that our hotel colleagues were able to make you feel comfortable and take care of your needs. I'll make sure that Roger and Rey receive your kind commendations for assisting with your rebookings.

Thank you as well for giving positive feedback on the quality of our breakfast offerings. I'm glad that you were able to relax in our recreational facilities and that you had the time to visit our other dining outlets at the Raffles Makati side.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us and for considering your stay at Fairmont Makati as one of the great travel decisions you've made. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Manila.

There are newer reviews for Fairmont Makati

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

I celebrated my 42nd birthday over the weekend with my family at the Fairmont Makati. They made a real fuss from the cake in the room to the special service provided during the Sunday brunch. Big thanks to Archie Javellana, chef Abe and the team at Spectrum. The buffet variety and options for Halaal dishes were well appreciated.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank imahomed
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

First and foremost, I wish to greet you a belated happy birthday!

Thank you for choosing to celebrate your special day with your family at Fairmont Makati, I'm glad that we were able to make your celebration extra special.

I will make sure to extend to Archie, Abe and the rest of the Spectrum team your thanks. Thank you for commending them.

On your next special occasion, I hope you will consider cleebrating it again at Fairmont Makati.

Again, I wish you a happy birthday and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Fairmont Makati is easily the best hotel I have ever stayed in while in Manila. The staff particularly "Miguel Flores" and the rest of the team easily exceeded my expectations from check in to check out. Fairmont would easily have the best customer service team in manila. The hotel with its facilities, location, price and staff are perfect for anyone. The spa, pool and gym facilities are fantastic. ATM inside the hotel for those worried about ATM security. Breakfast at Spectrum on the ground floor is absolutely amazing, with so many delicious items. Fairmont is also linked with Raffles Hotel, so you can also enjoy a drink at The Long Bar. Prime location for business being in the heart of the CBD. If shopping is your thing you are across the road from green belt, landmark and glorietta which also contain many restaurants/bars. Overall I would definitely stay at Fairmont again and highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you prefer a pool view ask for the 6th floor with pool view. If you use spa and gym facilities as...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank notrwc

Thank you very much for considering your stay experience with us as one of your best. We're very honored!

I'm glad to learn that your overall stay with us was wonderful - starting from beginning to end. Thank you for commending our hotel colleague, Miguel. I'll make sure that he gets your kind message and that he is given recognition for exceeding your expectations.

I'm also happy to learn that you enjoyed the culinary offerings at Spectrum and at the Long Bar. On your next visit, I invite you to try our other dining outlets such as Writers Bar and Cafe Macaron.

Thank you once again for your very positive and gracious feedback. Thank you as well for your high recommendation. I look forward to welcoming you back to Fairmont Makati.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Being ranked no. 1 out of 60 hotels in Makati by Tripadvisor may be a blessing or a curse. Arrived relatively early but promptly checked-in anyway and even upgraded to a suite in the Gold (7th) floor because the hotel was fully booked. Very ably assisted by Margaret up to the room to make sure I got settled in comfortably. My package for pick-up was left in the front desk and with just verbal endorsement, confidently tucked away by the concierge. No forms, no papers, no problem. In no time, efficiently delivered to recipient without hitches. Need to buy something, anything? In the hotel's periphery are Greenbelt, Landmark and Glorietta. Upon entering the room, I sensed a close similarity to that hotel in EDSA also sandiwched by SM Megamall and Shangri-la mall: the arrangement, the architecture, even the alarm clock is exactly the same. The Fairmont, though has separate tub (complete with a rack for your Kindle or Ipad while enjoying your bubble bath), shower and toilet (both enclosed). Amenities are all rose-inspired and after a shower, only one word can describe the experience: fresh. The most obvious difference though is that everything in the room looks, smells and feels NEW! Breakfast at the award-winning Spectrum is a culinary delight. There is even a display of a real beehive right beside the sweetest honey I've ever tasted. And if you've got a sweet tooth, you'll surely enjoy their chocolate buffet on weekends. Coincidentally, I'm also a beer lover and they also have a beer brunch buffet. In the lobby is also a pastry shop with macaroons that can give everybody else a run for their money. An ATM machine makes it very convenient in case you've exceeded the budget. Of course, almost every reviewer has cited the friendly and helpful staff. Needless to say, I went home truly looking forward to the next stay. Alas, when I tried to book a room for my family, the next available one would be ten days since I checked-out. Wow, it's like the best ticket in town and the only way you can land one is maybe through a scalper. That's the curse. So my tip is: be an early bird (book way in advance!) and you just might catch the worm.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank drjohnled

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. I wish to thank you for taking the time to share it with us. My team and I are very honored and humbled to be considered as one of the top hotels in Makati. And after reading your post, I'm happy to learn that we're giving it justice.

I'm glad that you had a comfortable stay with us and liked our amenities. I'm also delighted to know that you enjoyed our breakfast spread and the desserts served at our Grand Chocolate Affair. I'd be happy to share your generous feedback to our culinary and pastry team.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back. Hopefully, your next stay experience with us will be with your family.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Perfect hotel for business in the Philippines as this is located in the centre of this area. Excellent facilities including the executive lounge situated on the 7th floor serving breakfast & complimentary drinks & food at 6pm each evening. Good spa, gym and outside swimming pool with sunbathing area & seating area for drinks / refreshments.
This hotel is linked to Raffles Hotel so you have use of The Long Bar for the infamous Singapore Sling!
Great accommodation, we stayed in a suite which was very comfortable indeed.
Very attentive staff coupled with a hotel offering excellent accommodation & services throughout, I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel & would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Morag H
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear Morag,

Thank you for recommending Fairmont Makati in your review. I'm glad to learn that you will be staying with us once again should your travels take you back to Manila - we look forward to welcoming you again.

I'm happy to know that your experience at the Fairmont Gold Lounge was wonderful. Thank you for commending our accommodations and service. I'm glad that you found the time to enjoy our recreational facilities and find them great.

On your next visit, please try the Makati Luxury Sling. It's our local take on the iconic Singapore Sling. Our Makati Luxury Sling uses local ingredients and is topped with 24K gold flakes.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share with us your stay experience at Fairmont Makati. I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Wonderfull hotel with excellent service. I booked the room with access to the gold lounge which is just the extra service you need. During my stay however most personal information about me was transfered outside the hotel.Privacy is a number one concern. This was management and someone lost their job over it. I wad however left which nothing but embarrasment. I also was very surprised to see housekeeping entering my room very late in the evening to put extra towels while there were plenty put during turn service. Opening the door without warning.

• Stayed: November 2013
5  Thank MisterGeen
Raffles_FairmontPH, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thank you very much for bring this to our attention. I have discussed this with my team and learned that the unfortunate incident involved our limousine service provider.

I wish to share that our limousine service is provided by a third party company who has years of experience supplying transportations to luxury hotels. Therefore, I was very disappointed to learn about a breach in protocol and that your privacy has been violated. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

I have followed up personally with the president of the transportation company and I can assure you that the necessary action will be taken. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me should you have further concerns: james.bevans@fairmont.com.

I do hope that on your next visit to Manila, we will have the opportunity to welcome you back and make amends.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Everything was so superb! From the moment, you walked in until you checked out. Great restaurant with friendly staff. Room was spacious, modern and exclusive. You have to try its shower! such a strong shower and very rejuvenating. Every single hotel staffs were so friendly and very helpful. Everywhere in the hotel and room have wi-fi. Gosh...its so relaxing here, the food, the area surrounds it, etc.... no comment from me, and will definitely come again. oh yes! one more thing - dont you ever check out without trying their local delicacies the great garlic rice and fried bangus fish!!!!

Room Tip: get a room near to pool, its good for children!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Mohd O

Dear Mohd,

I'm glad to learn that you had a wonderful and relaxing stay with us. It's great to know that you look forward to staying with us again - we look forward to that as well.

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. I'm happy that you were able to try a few local cuisines during your stay. On your next visit, please try our Luxe Sunday Brunch at Spectrum with your family. Our chefs prepare endless servings of popular Filipino dishes during that time, I'm sure your entire family will enjoy.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience with us. I look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the not too distant future.