“Excellent in quality and service”
Review of Fairmont Makati

Fairmont Makati
Ranked #3 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed here just a few days after the hotel opened. And it was an entirely positive experience. The room was spacious and very comfortable. Service was always charming.
The breakfast buffet is fantastic, with lots of Western and Asian choices. Everything is fresh. The first two days I had to wait very long to get my coffee though. On the second day my cup of coffee arrived when I had finished eating breakfast. I spoke to the manager about this. And from then on my coffee arrived promptly.
The location of the hotel is excellent, just opposite the Greenbelt Shopping Malls with its choice of restaurants and shops.
I warmly recommend staying here when in Manila.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PukkaSahib
Raffles_FairmontPH, Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Fairmont Makati. I’m glad to learn that your overall stay with us was positive and wonderful.

I wish to thank you for being understanding especially since we just opened at the time you stayed with us. We have refined our operations and I hope you can return to enjoy the improvements of our services.

Thank you for your great feedback on our breakfast. We have a new Executive Chef and he has added more to the breakfast buffet spread at Spectrum.

Once again, thank you for your comments and I hope to welcome you back to Fairmont Makati in the not too distant future.

There are newer reviews for Fairmont Makati

Reviewed June 30, 2013

This rates on the top of my experience of staying in good properties around the world. Its a new hotel, centrally located (next to Ayala Square), excellent value for money but gives you an unforgettable feel. In layout, it’s similar to other Fairmont properties but what wins the deal for me is the service and care. The staff is amazing, very warm and well connected with the guests. The rooms are fine for a business hotel but food stands out. An excellent spread for the breakfast buffet. The swimming pool + bar and gym close a well-rounded deal for me. I have stayed here twice and look forward to my next trip.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Paarkhee

Thank you very much for ranking Fairmont Makat at the top of your best hotel experiences. I’m glad that you had a wonderful stay with us.

I wish to thank you for your positive feedback on our hotel colleagues. I’m glad they were able to make you feel taken care of and important. Thank you as well for commending our breakfast buffet offering, I will share this with our chefs at Spectrum.

I’m also delighted to learn that you had the time to enjoy our swimming pool and fitness center. On your next return, please do try Willow Stream spa for a relaxing treatment.

Thank you once again and I hope to welcome you back to Fairmont Makati soon.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed at the Fairmont Hotel, Makati for two nights on June 13th &14th. We arrived very late on the first night as our flight was delayed so we didn't really see much of the Hotel. The staff on the front desk were a bit dim but very pleasant. We stayed in an executive room on the Club floor and were a little disappointed with the slightly dated decor (the Hotel is quite new I think) but it was very, very clean. However, the room was spacious, had a great bed, nicely appointed bathroom and all the usual amenities expected in a five star Hotel. We had breakfast in the Club Lounge the next morning and it was outstanding. The selection of food is limited but everything is really good; especially the made to order eggs. The staff in the Club Lounge were brilliant, especially Claudine. Later that night we had cocktails and canapes in the Club Lounge and were not disappointed; very nice touch having champagne. Whilst we were there we booked a half day tour of Manila through the Concierge (who's name I forget but he was great). The tour guide,
Neal, was excellent. The only thing I would say is that the tour should start earlier; we were stuck in rush hour traffic in heavy rain on the return leg and it was a bit annoying. The cocktails in the Lobby Lounge bar are sublime. The Hotel is in a great location, very clean, very safe and the staff are fabulous. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mirve50

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Fairmont Makati. I’m glad to learn that you would stay with us once again on your next visit to Manila.

I wish to thank you for your feedback on our Fairmont Gold Lounge. I’m glad that you enjoyed the evening cocktails, the breakfast and the service of our Club Lounge colleagues. I will share with Claudine your wonderful commendation.

Thank you once again and I hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Fairmont Makati had us, my sisters and I, at Spectrum. We enjoyed our buffet lunch there last May 13 so much that we decided that we wanted to stay a night in this hotel. Our decision came into fruition last weekend when we booked a triple sharing room with breakfast.

One word to describe our stay there: Blissful

The staff were attentive and warm. They also work fast! We got there early at around noon and the front desk personnel was able to check us in early. The room was nice, the work table was spacious, the beds were comfortable, and the bathroom was beautiful. I just hope that they install a bidet in their toilets and provide an extra rubbish bin inside the toilet area.

The hotel itself is in a great location. Just a cross the street away from the go-to malls in the area.

I appreciate that their spa closes at 11pm, my sister and I were able to try their steam room and mineral pool. It was heavenly!

The breakfast buffet was also good, the selections were broad.

Relaxation was what I needed and relaxation was what I got.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MissKellyG

Dear Kelly,

I’m glad to learn that you and your sisters had a wonderful stay with us. I’m also delighted to know that you were able to experience the relaxation that you needed during your stay.

Thank you as well for patronizing Spectrum. Perhaps on your next food adventure, you and your sisters can try our Luxe Sunday Brunch – it’s quite a culinary event.

I wish to thank you for your positive feedback on the comfort of our guest rooms and the warmth of our hotel colleagues. I have noted your comment about installing a bidet in the bathroom. This is something that we may consider installing in the not too distant future. In regards to your need for extra trash bin, please do not hesitate to call Royal Service and Housekeeping the next time your stay with us – they would be more than happy to provide it.

Thank you once again for sharing with us your stay experience and I do hope to welcome you and your sisters back soon.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

There are only a few places that I have stayed that I truly feel the staff genuinely has my interest in mind and the Fairmont Makati is one. The attention that you get here is not the kind that you get with proper training (although the staff at the Fairmont Makati has that abound), but the kind that you get when you have people to love to assist and help others, this attitude raises the service to a level that you always feels comfort with. We loved being here.

The lobby is not the kind that you expect from the other usual historic Fairmont properties, it is nice but not the grandeur style that we used too. Modern but not enough flair to really make it stand out from the other 5* hotel lobby.

The room is great even with a standard room. It is modern, well-equiped, spacious with central electronic controls. However, the control is a bit hard to get to a middle-lighting situation at night. You can either light up the whole room with the master or have to accept the floor lighting, there is no in between levels once you have switch the master off. The fully-down covered bed is superb and we had really good nights on it.

The bathroom is stocked with the usual fine Le Labo products. One thing that my wife missed is the bathsalts. Although the steamroom/whirlpool in the Spa more than make up for it. The pool is however was not as clean as we wanted, there are a bit of dust/sand in the pool and we often see some dead insects floating on the water on our morning swim. The length of the pool however was great, we had good lapses around the pool.

The Fairmont Makati despite having some rough edges, it is the service that will bring us back here again.

Room Tip: Get a standard room which give you higher floor. The executive room has higher ceiling but on lower...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Raffles_FairmontPH, Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

I wish to thank you for your sharing your very positive feedback on our hotel colleagues. I’m glad to learn that they made you feel welcomed and taken care of during your stay. I am very fortunate to be working with such a passionate team who is dedicated to delivering exceptional guest service. Thank you for your commendations, I will share this with them.

I also wish to thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience with us. I have noted your inputs about the central electronic controls. Your feedback has been shared with our Engineering team and we are looking into it. I have also taken note of your comment on the cleanliness of our swimming pool – this too has been shared with the concerned departments.

In regards to the room amenities, we would be more than happy to set up additional products that would make your wife’s stay even more relaxing. Please don’t hesitate to reach to us on your next booking.

Again, thank you for your comments. My team and I are looking forward to welcoming you and your wife back soon.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed here recently for about a week. The property is six months old, very beautiful, and very upscale. It's also very quiet and spa-like. I noted that the finishes, such as natural stone flooring, walls, etc. were absolutely beautiful. The staff was extremely friendly and gracious. In typical Philippine fashion, every employee greets you warmly at every encounter. And the staff was extremely attentive. In this regard, I think they might have been overly attentive. I'm quite sure they are trained and instructed to be so. But it did become a little intrusive. I noticed it primarily when dining. I also felt overly-attended when using the steam room. The attendant checked on my every five minutes. It took the relaxation out of the experience. There is one restaurant in the hotel. This is different that other hotels in the area with multiple choices. However, I found it very good and found enough variety to keep it interesting. If you are looking for a quiet experience, this is your place. If you're looking for a more exciting and vibrant venue, you might try the property down the street.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank klb990

Thank you for making Fairmont Makati your home during your weeklong visit. I’m glad that we were able to provide peace and comfort during your stay.

I wish to thank you for your positive feedback on the hotel’s interiors and design, as well as your gracious commendation on our colleagues. I have taken note however of your comment in regards to a number of occasions when you felt overly attended to. Please note that I have shared this feedback with the concerned department heads.

I’m glad that you were able to dine at Spectrum. On your next visit, please try the Writers Bar for Afternoon Tea and Long Bar for power lunches or evening cocktail drinks. Both dining outlets are located at Raffles Makati which is in the same building of Fairmont Makati.

I wish to thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

When I travel through Manila, I usually stay at the New World just across the street but this is a new hotel and I wanted to check it out. We weren't disappointed. It sits in a prime location in Makati within 5 minutes of all the prime shopping areas. The lobby sits on a podium above the street so it further creates the illusion of leaving the bustle of Makati as you enter. The entrance is awkward by foot and is definitely designed for cars. The grand lobby is filled with helpful (almost overhelpful) and friendly staff.

The hotel is nicely decorated and laid out. The rooms are very spacious and has all the amenities you could think of in a hotel room. There are power outlets everywhere that are easily accessible including ones by the bedside that are not hidden underneath but on the tables themselves. The desk also has easily accessible outlets and network plugs for internet.
Extremely well thought out. The beds were very comfortable. Set your alarms to the loudest setting or you'll miss the day.

The pool area was very nice and is large enough to do small laps. The day we were there in February, they were shooting promotional photos so some of the pool was inaccessible for some time but we didn't mind. We were the only ones there lounging. The fitness center looks good too although we didn't use.

Overall an excellent luxury hotel. I would definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank g4480

Thank you for sharing your experience at Fairmont Makati. I’m delighted to learn that your stay with us was excellent.

I wish to thank you for your understanding when the hotel was in the middle of a facilities photo shoot. I’m glad that it didn’t get in the way and that you were still able to enjoy the swimming pool area.

Thank you for your kind feedback on our beds and the convenience our guest rooms provide. On your next visit, I do invite you to try our fitness center and our spa. Take the time as well to try our dining outlets.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I hope to welcome you back soon.