“5 Stars Across the Board - Makati's Best Hotel”
Review of Fairmont Makati

Fairmont Makati
Ranked #3 of 83 Hotels in Makati
San Diego, California
“5 Stars Across the Board - Makati's Best Hotel”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

The Fairmont Makati, Manila is as good as a city hotel ought to be. The service is perfect, the decor stylish and clean, the layout is sensible and - quite simply put - I enjoyed a well designed and roomy space.

For regular business travelers, expecially those who are on the road often in this region and have some fears regarding personal safety, let me add kudos to designers of this hotel on this topic. The design of the hotel entrance has been especially well thought out, so that any vehicle wanting front door access must pass through multiple lanes of security before making the front of the building - yet this security feature was implimented so as not to incovenience you or waste time. The walk ways to the superb Greenbelt Shopping and Dining across Makati Avenue are similarly protected, but not at all annoying.

The pool area is perfect, as is the fitness center with beautiful new equipment and ultra clean changing rooms and toilet areas. The spa equally impresses.

Other minor, but significant items: the rooms have a huge desk work space with both wired and wireless access, and the wireless signal strength was never low, even during peak hours in the morning and evening. The closets are big with actual drawer areas so that you can unpack your suitcase and put it away. The bathroom is also spacious with a big shower area including both a fixed overhead shower as well as a hand-held spray - and generous water pressure.

Lastly, the food is good here, especially the breakfast buffet, with many on-premises baked items and an amazing live honey-bee colony for which I have attached a picture. Most wonderful!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tomago
Raffles_FairmontPH, Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and share your experience with us.

I’m glad to learn that you had a wonderful and pleasant stay. I’m glad you found your room very comfortable. Your positive feedbacks on the design of our guest rooms, amenities and service are much appreciated, thank you!

I’m also delighted to hear that you felt safe in our premises. The safety of our guests and colleagues is our utmost concern but we ensure that we perform it in a friendly and professional manner.

Thank you as well for your commendation on our pool, fitness center and spa. I’m glad that you were able to take the time to enjoy them. On your next visit, please do try our lunch and dinner buffet offerings at Spectrum plus our other dining outlets.

Once again, thank you for your kind feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in April and my only complaint is I wished it had been longer...Do not often give and excellent rating for a Hotel but this is deserved for sure!!

This is everything I like in a Hotel, modern, fresh, great service, great food and facilities. Cannot say enough about this Hotel to be honest and is my new favourite place to stay in Manila. I have stayed at the Shangri-La, Peninsula and Manila Hotel previously but would definitely choose this place due to location, service and price!!

Hotel is very chic and extremely modern, the staff here is very well trained and there are loads of them and I do agree with some of the reviews that found the approach of the staff a little too much and possibly overwhelming but kudos for trying in my book. Check in was fast and painless and due to being a President Club member received all the extras that come with that.

Location - The Fairmont, Makati is situated right across from the Greenbelt Mall and also Landmark Department store which connects to Glorietta Mall. Everything you need is here from high end stores to bars, restaurants, food courts and cinemas. There is simply no need to go anywhere else unless you really need to..

Room - I stayed in a standard suite room, was not overly spacious but was excellent and designed with the business traveller in mind. The work desk is huge and comes with everything including, hidden internet leads and twin outlets (All well hidden and out of sight. There was also a kit with PC-TV leads projector leads etc which I used to watch a pay per view UFC event on the TV that I had purchased on my PC which is something I have never been able to do previously unless I took my own cables. Minor detail to some but I find this attention to detail very important when travelling..(High speed internet is probably the best I have seen at any hotel in the world period!)
Bathroom was spacious and modern with deep bath and very large walk in shower (CW twin shower heads rain head was to die for) Soap and lotions were 'Le Labo' from New York and very good. There was also high quality amenity kits such as sewing, nails, toothbrush (CW Floss tool) nothing is left out or forgotten at this place and keeps the Fairmont standard true to form. There was a small fridge with complimentary water (Very welcoming!!) Loads of storage and wooden coat hangers, twin robes, the usual safe and of course ironing board and iron (With a working steamer) Bed was a King and extremely comfortable, did not like the pillows too soft for me but there were plenty of them so I could make a nice firm bundle 

Facilities – Pool and gym are both excellent, cannot complain about either. Gym is very large and has loads of machines and cardio equipment. Free weights are a little lacking and definitely not on par with the Shangri-La or Manila Hotel but is sufficient for me and I work out daily back here in Oz. Pool is huge and you can swim in it, there are plenty of lounges and couples beds etc. There were also some nice lay down beds in the pool itself which I found very relaxing. Sun appears after midday due to the height of the Hotel so if planning on tanning get there in the early afternoon, can also storm around 3-4pm daily so can be a tight window

Dining – Food was again excellent and I could not falter it. The all day dining in spectrum was very good and the evening buffet sensational. The glass covered Bee hive used to make their own honey was a first and definitely not something you see every day. (Was nice honey btw)

Parking/Security – Valet parking is available as is driver service at a cost of course. Like many of the high end Hotels in Manila security ion very tight but most welcome. Concierge service very friendly and nothing is too much to ask. Bottle water even provided when you leave in a Taxi. Private sedans are available for airport transfers but I caught a taxi can’t remember the cost but was no more than 250 pesos

All in all this is an excellent Hotel and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Will definitely return again when next in Manila!

Room Tip: Just enjoy the Service!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Derek1971

I am delighted to hear that we were successful in earning an excellent rating from you. I understand you don’t give it away too often and we are very honored to receive this exceptional commendation from you – our sincerest thank you!

I am also happy to learn that you appreciate the modern design of our hotel and enjoyed our cuisines, recreational facilities and our service. Thank you for sharing a very positive feedback on our colleagues, I will share with them your appreciation.

Apart from the amenities in the room, I’m delighted that our high-speed Internet connection made your stay even more comfortable. We have recently upgraded our mbps so you can experience a faster connectivity on your next visit.

I have noted your comments on the pillow selection and the free weights options in our fitness center. This feedback has already been shared with the concerned departments.

Again, thank you for sharing with us your wonderful experience and I look forward to welcoming you back in Fairmont Makati soon – hopefully for more than two nights.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 30, 2013

its an amazing hotel..right from location, to rooms, to amenities, you name it and they simply have it. But what really sets it apart is the service standard. WOW....for me now they set the standard for excellent service. Last 2 times I was staying at peninsula and there was a missing factor. I now know what it is. they are mechanical..they don't show warmth. At Fairmont I could feel that they really have a passion for their customers and their smiles are genuine.
The spa and pool are great..amazing ambiance.
Truly its my hotel of choice for stay. No hesitation to say they ROCK.
During my checkout there was a confusion on the way rates were calculated. however I must appreciate and applaud that the manager took it on the chin..realized the gap and ensured customer did not suffer. This shows character. This only comes when you place customer first.

looking forward to my next visit there. hopefully soon.
location wise there are malls, restaurants, movie halls,. everything that you want at a stones throw. great great great stay. Only a tad disappointed at the breakfast menu..limited..usually the same items,..not much variation..food was good but have had better. but you can safely ignore it in the grand scheme of things.

Room Tip: see if an upgrade to gold room makes sense..its worth the add-on that you get
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank amitjain1512
Raffles_FairmontPH, Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review. I am happy to learn that it is our service that made your stay more enjoyable and memorable.

Thank you for your positive feedback on our colleagues. I agree with you when you wrote that they are passionate about providing authentic hospitality and they always work with a smile. I am proud to be working with them.

I have taken note of your comment about our breakfast offerings. This concern has already been shared with our new Executive Chef and he is working on improving the selections.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This is a multi-national hotel property that appears to be striving to provide ‘boutique hotel’ approach when it comes to guest service. The staff have been very well trained in making every guest that walks in the hotel feel truly welcomed and always offering assistance where appropriate. I respect some of the reviews that found the approach of the staff a little too much or ... overwhelming but I have to also admire their efforts in sticking to their training. I can’t fault the hotel for this.

The Fairmont, Makat is situated in one of the best spot to be in the Makati, CBD. Across from the Greenbelt Mall (3 to be exact) and across from the Landmark Department store which connects to Glorietta Mall which connects to SM Makati. Our second to the last day in Makati, the mercury read 37 degrees F. It was unbearably hot & humid so it was nice to be able to walk back quickly to the hotel to cool down. The rooms are not overly spacious but it is definitely designed with the business traveler in mind. The work desk is huge. The moment my husband walked in, he got very busy right away hooking up all the gadgets he brought with him & setting himself up as if he was ready for some kind of web conferencing. If you’re intention is to really just disconnect, relax and just chill, that ‘huge work desk’, will make you feel otherwise! However, everything else the room has to offer was a delight. We had a chance to enjoy the pool & dined quite regularly at their all-day restaurant, The Spectrum.

Since I do have Fairmont’s President’s Club membership, I was offered in-room check-in. I initially liked the idea but having experienced it ... not so much. I think I prefer to get all the formalities out of the way at the reception desk and not have to do ‘paperwork’ as you walk into your room. The Guest Service Agent was absolutely pleasant and very helpful but it still felt awkward to have to sign registration form , provide your credit card, etc... in your room where you should just be allowed to walk in, in private. Have a moment to admire your new surroundings , drop your hand luggage & just jump in to bed!
Otherwise, our stay was absolutely relaxing and comfortable. I probably called “Royal Service” four times a day for just about everything and they always provided (i.e. bath rugs, bath mats, extra towels, bottled water, m ore bottled water, etc...). Bottled water is a necessity because of the heat so getting bottles of water complimentary was an absolute treat!
Thank you to the The Spectrum staff who were always so accommodating to my daughter. This is a super-parent friendly restaurant. Fancy but comfy infant high chair. Kids menu. The usual crayons, coloring menu but even BIBS!

Thanks to Arnold, the Bell Captain for arranging a regular flagged-down van taxi to the airport. The hotel also has private sedan, vans that could take guests to the airport, but it’s nice that I was also helped with a much-less expensive alternative.

Room Tip: Pick a room facing the pool. We had a corner room initially but asked to be moved because of constr...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MommyonJune10th

I am delighted to learn that you had a pleasant stay. I am also pleased to know that you enjoyed your dining experience at Spectrum and that your daughter made friends with our colleagues – l’m glad she had a wonderful time.

Thank you for your commendation on our service. I’m happy that our colleagues were able to make you feel very welcomed and that all your needs were provided during your stay. I will be sure to share with Arnold your thanks as well.

I have taken note of your preference regarding the in-room check-in process. On your next return, may I invite you to book one of our Fairmont Gold guest rooms which will give you access to the Fairmont Gold Lounge – an exclusive floor where you can have a private check-in and checkout and enjoy other special privileges that will make your stay even more comfortable.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you and your husband back soon.

Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Our stay was worth the while!
I could could not even ask for more. The service was great! The food was delish!
The rooms
, bathrooms, amenities were the best so far! We were treated like kings and queens. My son really enjoyed almost everything except for the pool was so cold to dip in but it was okay since the water was natural without any chemicals. He also were looking for playmates then. We were just like us around the pool area but like I said it's no big deal. They are indeed 5 star!!! Will come back again soon.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank La-AaBi

I am delighted to hear that you and your family had a wonderful stay. Thank you for considering our guest rooms and amenities as one of the best. I am also glad to learn that you felt like royalties during your stay with us.

I hope you can visit us this Summer - perfect weather for your son to enjoy our swimming pool.

Again, thank you for the positive feedback and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Fairmont Makati in the not too distant future.

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Was on a business trip to Manila and I'm impressed by the total overall service and facilities. The total experience Ive encountered during my stay was one of the best so far! This is definitely a comforting experience after my horrible experience with the 5 star Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside hotel in Malaysia a week before.
Keep up the good service and hospitality.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Demonlord
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful and comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your positive comments on our service and facilities. I am glad to learn that you consider your stay at Fairmont Makati as one of the best.

Tthank you for sharing your experience and I hope you will stay with us once again on your next visit to Manila.

Riyadh
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Hi all
I stayed at the fairmont makati hotel for one wk period,the following points make the fairmont is good
1- The staff were so much lovely and very helpful and love to help in any aspect.
2- The hotel is clean and new
3- the ATM machine is good and helpful
4- the location is great just across the street of greenbelt3 and the landmark

I had an experience with makati shangri la and found many areas making the shangri la better
1- the lobby is more nice and spacious
2- the restaurants are better
3- the club lounge in Shang is far more better in The following a: the food is incomparable in the variety and availability though the space is smaller in Shang, b: the reception u don't need to stand up to do ur transactions, c: the washrooms are more romantic
4- the room I have got corner club suite which was nice and spacious however I think that some touches can make the stay more luxurious such as more varieties of room robes where u can find 3 sets of robes in shangrila however in fairmont it is only the bathrobes
5- there was no printer in the room for ur stationary use in the offices
6- the cotton pads were placed within a put separate from the rest of the accessories place
7- fruit basket were not refilled or changed every time they prepare ur room
8- the hotel is not known to most of the taxies even the airport taxi didn't know it I helped him using the google maps, I think the hotel can do advertisement to be known to all people
9- the quality of the furniture is less than shangrila and looks that it is local made
10- the travel/ tourism agent availability in Shangrila is good, I did tours and paid the money at shangrila and intercontinental hotels

In all the hotel is great however with the competition with the adjacent 5* hotels makes it hard job for the admin and the leaders of the fairmont hotel to increase their efforts to stand or compete to persist

I would like to thanks all the staff in the reception and the gold club namely Sabrina, ellyne and their supervisors
Would also not to forget to thank the concierge people.

• Stayed April 2013