“"A Royal Service"”
Review of Fairmont Makati

Fairmont Makati
Ranked #3 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My husband and I had an overnight stay here for our anniversary and the one thing we both agree about this hotel is its "royal service" as they call their customer service. From the moment we entered the hotel premises we indeed got the best welcome from all staff we met.

The room spelled of comfort and freshness, being a new hotel i guess.

The location is great too being in the center of Makati's business and commercial hub. Shopping malls and restaurants abound outside.

The only downside of this hotel is that the rate is quite expensive considering that there's no free breakfast and yes, the food is expensive too. Nevertheless, we enjoyed our stay here!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ten_11
Raffles_FairmontPH, Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were made to feel very welcomed. I was especially pleased to hear that you liked our location, close to all of Makati’s best shopping destinations.

Once again, thank you for your positive feedback and we hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Everything about the stay was top notch. Clean room, comfy bed, wonderful service. It's a new hotel too. My only complaint... Being in the Philippines, I would expect amenities (food, drink, hotel car) to be drastically cheaper, but those things were too much.

I was there 2 weeks on business...in that short time, the staff addressed me by name and often knew where I was going every morning as I walked out the door. For Manila,it's in a nice neighborhood. I felt safe (but don't be stupid here... Don't flash cash,phones or make yourself a target... Common sense). I made a comment on the first day about the drinks and 4 days later, the bartender remembered and was careful to do a better job. Also, at the pool, the attendants really pampered me.

The pool should be heated in January.

Their buffet breakfast was overpriced and wasn't prepared well.one time, the bacon was undercooked. Also, they don't have their layout figured out yet. For example, the pancakes are in one section,but to get butter, you need to walk to another section.

For some wierd reason, their drinks and food were different items on my room bill even though they were on the same receipt. That is going to make my expense report odd... But I'm sure they'll fix it if enough people complain.

Anyway, I'm going back there. It was a good visit and they took care of me. That's a good thing because until this place opened, my company normally put people in shangri la, and my coworker's laptops tended to disappear there.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Joe S

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I noted your comment about our food and beverage being a little expensive. Many of our food items are imported for quality and we ensure that we are priced competitively with other five star hotels in Makati. However, I will be sure to evaluate this again.

Once again, thank you for your positive feedback and we hope to welcome you in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

My sister and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in December prior to our trip to Hongking. I love teh location of this hotel. It is in the middle of a very busy location but you feel like you live in a private enclave. i gusee because of the design of the entrance. You feel secure as the front which faces a very busy street is closed.

The staff was very helpful. However, when we checked in, they brough us to a room with people still inside. So they asked us to go back downstairs and wait for the room to be ready. There was achange of plan after a few minutes and they brought us to a new room whcih was pretty warm because i guess they did nto have enough time to cool it off.

On our second day, they had an issue with teh ac unit, but they were very professional in ensuring the guests were comfortable. They even gave us complimentary lunch and dinner.

Will I stay here again? Definitely! The food was great and the staff was very helpful.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Ilangilang
Raffles_FairmontPH, Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and share your experience with us. We are delighted to hear that you liked the design of the hotel and felt very comfortable and secure during your stay with us.

I also noted your comment concerning your experience upon check-in and the issue with the air conditioning. Our sincerest apologies for these inconveniences. However, I was pleased to learn that our colleagues acted quickly and professionally.

Once again, thank you for your positive feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

We have stayed there during the soft opening period, so you can expect small bits of things that are not ready like the hot and cold water in the bathroom. Staff are friendly, though there is an instances that its really annoying the way they treat guest. Overall its a nice short stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HMB05

I am delighted to learn that our colleagues were very friendly. They are very dedicated and enthusiastic which may have resulted to making some some instances uncomfortable. We are a new hotel and valid feedback such as yours is very useful. If there is any more information you could share with us, we gladly welcome it.

Once again, thank you for your constructive feedback. I hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

For the past seven years I have stayed at the Shangri-La in Makati but when the Fairmont opened I thought I would give it a try and I am certainly glad I did. The service that I always loved at the Shang has been perfected at the Fairmont and the new facilities and rooms take this hotel to a whole new level of competition for the five star market that has been missing for a long time.

Starting with arrival, I was greeted outside at the car, welcomed and taken right up to my room for check in. The arrival area, lobby, public areas and all facilities at this hotel are brand new and beautiful.

My room was a Fairmont Gold Corner Suite and was positively awesome. The room had a separate living/dining room and bedroom. There are, what I could estimate, 16 foot ceilings that make the room feel like a loft and give you an enormous amount of space and real feeling of being in your own home. The bathroom is big enough to place baseball in with two sinks, a large soaking tub, separate shower and wc. I am sure because they are brand new but the robes and towels were without a doubt the softest I have ever used. There were thoughtful extras such as fruits and chocolates left and a wide variety of coffee with a disk type coffee maker which is a nice change from the powdered instant coffee you get in the other 5 star in Makati. The wifi is free and works well throughout the hotel and the climate control works excellent. There is a his and hers closet and plenty of room in the bedroom to store away everything you brought. The room is so well planned and sized that I could easily stay a month and feel comfortable.

I used the fitness center, spa and pool at the hotel and all were out of this world. The pool is awesome with in-water loungers and a poolside bar. There is outstanding service at the pool bar and by the pool by the staff, you never want for anything and yes those outrageously soft towels again. The mens spa area has a steam room and mineral pool with showers and is very well equipped and once again the staff is amazingly attentive to everything you need.

I had breakfast in the Fairmont Gold Lounge and it was wonderful with an excellent selection of food. The service again was first rate as well and even saw some old friends working there that I knew from the Shangri-La. I also went to the long bar in the Raffle section of the hotel and that was quite enjoyable.

I travel quite a bit for work and there are many five star hotels that have the same level of amenities that you can find at the Fairmont. What you will have a hard time finding is the level of attention and service provided by the staff at this hotel. Everywhere I walked they knew my name, smiled (the real smile, not a dog smile) and greeted me. That is what truly makes a difference at a hotel and what really makes you feel like you are at home. They definitely go out of their way to make you feel like a valued guest and welcome at their hotel. The hotel is new and not as busy yet so I hope that level of service doesn't change once the hotel gets popular and more crowded because if they manage to keep this same level of service consistently they are going to earn the loyalty of people like me who have stayed at the other 5 stars in Makati and looking for a change.

This hotel definitely hit a home run from facilities, rooms, amenities and services. From a service standpoint this hotel is a 10 star. Keep it up Fairmont Makati !!!

Room Tip: The suites are outrageously big and worth it on long trips
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank hdblue

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and share your wonderful experience at Fairmont Makati.

I was delighted to hear that you felt very at home with us and enjoyed the amenities we have provided in your room.

I was also very pleased to read that you were well looked after at the pool side and in the Fairmont Gold Lounge. I will be sure to share your positive feedback with all our colleagues.

Once again, thank you for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next travel to Makati.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I live in Makati and had been driving by this hotel daily while it was being built, and looked forward with great anticipation to its opening.

The wife's birthday came up and I wanted to plan a mini "staycation" for here. We normally celebrate special occasions this way, usually at Marriott, The Peninsula, or Shangri La Makati, the latter of which are very nice but starting to show their age, though this hotel is much smaller in overall scale than those, the service is indeed very personalized.

I booked a standard room but was upgraded to the Fairmont Gold Floor with a corner room. Upon approaching the front desk the wife and I were immediately greeted by name, and they all wished my wife a Happy Birthday, we were then escorted up to the Gold Lounge for check in and were served their signature drink "34 Karot" (delicious).

Room was very contemporary and nicely appointed. Large and spacious, nice TV and top notch amenities. Nice large bathroom with separate rainfall shower which had great water pressure and tub.

I requested for some things to be in the room when we checked in and indeed everything was there just as requested, chilled bottle of Champagne, Chocolate cover Strawberries, a bouquet of flowers with a personalized card.

The staff in the Gold Room was fantastic, took care of all our needs and more. We will definitely be returning. Nice spreads put out several times a day, breakfast, afternoon tea, evening canopies and cocktails. You have the opportunity to make your own drink, so, if you want that rum and coke a little stronger you can make to your liking, or, simply ask the staff to accommodate you.

This hotel is inside the Raffels Hotel, The Fairmont Makati occupies the first 8 floors. The Gold Floor is on the 7th floor, as was our room. Living only 2 blocks away from this hotel I was somewhat worried about the traffic noise as it is right in the corner of Arnaiz (Pasey Road) and Makati Avenue, but the noise was minimal at best, very surprised how quite the room was. We had a corner room on the Northeast corner, not sure if rooms on the Southwest corner would be any noisier or quieter as that side primarily faces Makati Avenue.

The Hotel has a great location and is within walking distance to most of Makati CBD, all the Greenbelt Shopping, LandMark, and much much more.

If your ever in the area this hotel is definitely worth staying at!

Room Tip: May be ask for a room in the southwestern corner, it may be a little farther away from the traffic...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cavsfan007

I thoroughly enjoyed reading about your experience at Fairmont Makati. Thank you for taking the time to share it with us.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We strive to turn moments into memories and we hope we were successful in creating a memorable birthday celebration for your wife.

I was very pleased to read that you were well taken good care of by our colleagues in the Fairmont Gold Lounge. I will be sure to share your positive feedback with all our colleagues. I was also pleased to hear that traffic noise was very minimal -- our construction team made that a priority during construction.

Once again, thank you sharing your experience with us. We enjoy reading all the posts of our guests and appreciate all the feedback given to us.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

It was barely 2 weeks since it opened that i was able to check in at this hotel with my family . The lobby was quite elegant ( the size is quite smaller compared with those in makati shangri-la and peninsula ) and has a nice fragrance to it . I liked my room which has upgraded amenities compared with other hotels in the vicinity. The bed was very much comfortable . It was quite spacious , everything I need was there specifically the huge flat screen tv which has many channels to offer , and the stable airconditioning .The bathroom was also elegant , complete with amenities , and the tub was separated from the shower . Location is another main asset of this hotel , being literally at the back of glorietta and landmark mall. A leisurely 5 minute walk would lead to the more upscale greenbelt mall . A high rise condominium property is being constructed beside the hotel , but it would not be much of a bother since i noted the room to be sound proof . Minor letdown during my stay was not being provided my morning newspaper and the staff failing to provide me the password for my free wi-fi ( after they made me enroll to the president's club program that would provide such benefit ) . Anyway for me it is not a big issue since i know the hotel barely opened and is prone to those instances . Breakfast was served at the Spectrum coffeeshop ( the guests of the adjoining Raffles hotel also take their morning buffet meals here ). The restaurant offer a good selection, not that extensive with shangri-la but the ambiance and very attentive service provided by the staff more that made up for it. As for me (subjective ) , the best breakfast experience in makati would be at this hotel , i just don't know what would happen with the service once more dining guests would try this facility. With regarding to service , majority of the staff seem eager to please , they smile a lot and seem polite and professional. One senior staff would even volunteer to explain the intricate decors in the lobby. Special mention would also be to my front desk staff (Charmaine ) , who aside from accompanying me to my room , was also calling me to check if everything is fine. She was also jotting down notes for any errors or incidents that had happened . Definitely would go back to this hotel , even if there a new Holiday inn suites opening in a few months which was near the hotel vicinity. Rates here are expensive , and I understand why .

Room Tip: ask for those in higher floors, or avoid views undergoing construction
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family