“Clean and friendly hotel with good location”

Holiday Inn & Suites Makati
Ranked #12 of 83 Hotels in Makati
Hong Kong, China
“Clean and friendly hotel with good location”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Clean hotel. Friendly and efficient staff. More business guests than tourists which I prefer. Good location right next to a shopping mall which has varied choices of food and shopping. Room is sizable.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I normally stay at the InterContinental but this trip stayed at the Holiday Inn & Suites Makati last week while seeing friends and playing golf. Hotel is connected to Glorietta 1 and just down the street from Green Belt 4 & 5. So location is perfect for shopping, restaurants, theaters and bars. My room was spacious with a very comfortable King Size bed, chair & ottoman, desk and a large bath. Property has been open for several months but still feels very new. Staff was VERY good. Every person I met from Doormen, to Bell men, to front desk personnel, to Executive Lounge ladies were friendly, efficient and helpful. I give the entire property a solid "A" and will definitely stay there on my next trip to Manila.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank CalebTumon
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Stayed here two nights for business and opted for the Club Floor offer. Booked car transfer from airport through concierge (PHP1500) that met me outside the airport arrivals centre. Heavy security at every main lift area - Ground floor (where the cars arrive) and 3 floors up at the lobby. Key entry from the lobby to your room. Check in good - however unable to honour my confirmed booking of 1 king bed and had to wait for a twin bed room to become available (at 8pm at night). I went to the Club lounge on the 18th floor to wait for my keys. Between 6 - 8 pm the club lounge is open with free beer, wine and soft drinks and plenty of finger food. So much that you could see people using this as their dinner option and grabbing as much food on their plate as possible. A very limited breakfast is also available in the lounge in the mornings.
Eventually got my room key, on 17th floor (club floor)
Rooms were fresh, neat, showing little signs of wear and tear. Bathrooms spotless but twin beds seem to take up more space so the room "seemed" smaller. Very reasonably priced minibar compared to other major cities in the region. Room service dinner that night was fast and good quality.
The only downside with being under the club lounge was the early morning footsteps above me on the wooden floor of the food service area in the lounge. It woke me both days at 5.30am - just the luck of the draw unfortunately.
I chose breakfast in the lobby restaurant which was excellent, with plenty of choices and good quality western options. For those with a sweet-tooth, the Philippinos do an amazing dessert / cake / pastry table. Leave some room!
Location is brilliant for shoppers - everything at your doorstep and for me, a 15 minute walk (under cover) to the main CBD of Ayala Avenue in Makati.
Didn't visit the roof top pool or bar.
Front desk was generous with a 3pm checkout

Room Tip: Always check how much extra a Club Floor room is - its worth it if you have a basic room only packag...
Bacolod, Philippines
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Location is great with nearby shopping malls, it's the best place to be for shopaholics :-) The service was great with ever helpful and smiling staff. I will be looking forward for another stay in this hotel.

1 Thank mg_zd3
HISMakati, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We are grateful for your time and effort to leave us a review. We are more than delighted to learn that your stay at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati was made fantastic by our ideal location within the Glorietta Shopping Complex and by our associate's friendly service.

We are definitely looking forward to hosting you again!

Best regards,

Karim K
Hotel Manager
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I stayed at your hotel last feb 22, 2014. I arrived first before my husband, surprisingly, one of your Front Desk staff didn't allowed me to check in, as per him I am not registered which pissed me off, It's a bad day for me cuz I am having a severe headache and I would like to rest. after 20 mins my husband came and did the check in, My husband is working in a 5 star airline and we usually stay in any IHG hotels all over the world, to make it shorter, I am disappointed with one of your front desk staff but I know that he is just doing his job. surprisingly, he called me and apologized for what had happened. what i really liked the most is that when he saw me at you lobby bar, he approached me once again and sincerely apologize. he is a really professional and kind person. it made me realize that i am a bad guest. I like to commend Mr. Mon of Front Desk for being Professional and Kind individual. He is an asset at your Hotel. I would like to Thank him for taking good care of us even if we are unkind with him. I feel so guilty that i shouted him once. I would like to return at your hotel and would like recommend this new hotel in Makati. O behalf of my husband, Thank you for all your help. We will definitely go back at your hotel

Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at this fairly new hotel, in fact is my second stay. The rooms are pretty ok for a typical holiday inn, but I must say because it's new, so it feels better than the rest I have stayed with. However the service level has a lot of room to improve. I'm always on the phone waiting when I make a call to either the front desk or operator, it takes them a long time to pick up. I could tell a manager on duty that I bump into my hallway letting her know that my room water bidet had a leak, for two days no one came to repair. So I just let it leak and entire floor is wet. So my question, the house keeping cleans my room, doesn't he see that leaks too? So this is strange. I could ask for things and they take long time to respond.

So they are good for their location but service has lot more to improve.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank CJW2JT
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for bringing up these issues to our attention as it is through our guest's kind feedback that we are able to determine the aspects of our hotel that need improvement. I am disappointed to learn that we were not able to provide you the high level of service that the Holiday Inn brand promises. I would personally look into the concerns that you have brought up in your review and I would be more than grateful if you could provide me further details pertaining to your stay. Please do contact me via hisuites.makati@ihg.com and rest assured that the inconveniences that you have experienced will be looked at for rectification.

We are grateful that you chose to stay at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati again. We hope to have more chances of welcoming you back in the near future.

Sincerely yours,

Karim K
Hotel Manager
San Diego, California
Reviewed February 22, 2014

There are no words that can describe this place but Excellent. The rooms are nice, spacious and clean the staff is very complimentary. The shower is the best part. It can hold three people and the opaque glass separating the two rooms is a nice touch. This hotel is the mecca of Makati. Walking distance to everything surrounding this hotel and it is even connected to Gloretta 1. If you are a shopaholic like I am, I suggest you stay here so it would be easier to your bags back to your room.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo