“Excellent”

Holiday Inn & Suites Makati
Ranked #12 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed January 24, 2014

From the time I arrived to the lobby and to my room, I received great service! I was on this premised for over a week each stay, during the month of Dec. 2013 and January 2014
Staff here are very courteous all around. The place is very quiet all the time, the exceptions of children as guests of course.
Very convenient locations to any shopping and restaurants you can think of. You don't even have to leave the building for any of it, because it's at your door step. Amazing!
I will come back with my family next time and looking forward to the same great service again.

Room Tip: Stay above 14th floor to get your free WiFi, snacks, tea time and free cocktails during the evening...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Pinaygirl
Write a ReviewReviews (1,179)

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Staff made me feel at home, receptionist on duty was very pleasant, efficient and delightfully chatty. He checked me in no time at all - with a free cocktail to boot. Room was on the 16th floor and had a good view of the city. Spacious and clean - though I had to comment on a can that was left under the bedside table and a slightly permeating smell of the previous occupant's perfume (most probably a man). Few spritz of citronella which I always carry with me did the trick to get rid of the perfume stink though. I think the best part of the room was the ultra comfortable hotel bed! Fluffy pillows, firm mattress, soft blankets. They had nice toiletries too - none of those cheap stuff, I think they were organic products. Very accessible location to Greenbelt 5, just pop in and out via their private linkway. On-the-dot wakeup call too and efficient taxi-calling service even early in the morning.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Been staying at the Hotel twice, and everything was EXCELLENT! Especially the Exec Lounge Staff, they make my stay comfortable. You will feel the sincere service. It's a bit expensive when you upgrade your room with Club Access but its all worth it, and really if you are really a traveler its not the food your paying but the RELAXING ENVIRONMENT and A Very Good Service they have.

Will definitely come back to the Hotel, kudos to all staff Daisery, Donna, Jerald, Jeric, Cecille and Most Especially to Jobeth, whom I heard from the staff that she's leading the lounge.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

This is a Holiday Inn and what they promise to give you a comfortable
pace to sleep at the end of the day. It so happens that this one has an executive lounge where light refreshments can be served..and not so much a lounge but a room with tables and chairs.

The service is hoveringly attentive from servers. Not so much from the lounge concierge who seems to be always working on something.

But remember its a Holiday Inn...so don't expect more and you're be happily pleased.

Stayed: January 2014
HISMakati, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Dear PilgrimsRegress,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati. It is with regret to learn that we were not able to provide you with the high standard of products and service that we pride ourselves with. It is our goal to make guests feel welcomed and comfortable whilst in our hotel and your valuable comments will serve as our guide for further improvement.

Once again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

The hotel was brand new - but a little confusing with the Ground Floor not being the Lobby ! I was given a Smoking Room floor ( because they claimed they were running full ) ! Next day , a change of room . Joined the Club Floor ( was given a good price ) but later found out the price was almost double ! ) The same with the Business Centre - they actually charged heftily while I was so sure one receptionist said it was FOC ! No wonder , it was always empty ! So get all information in writing & check your total bill upon check-out ( because they charged me 1 extra day of Club Floor - stayed there 4 days but only joined the Club Floor for 3 days ) . Food on the Club Floor was not worth the money and if you're a non-drinker , you certainly won't get your money's worth ! Tea-time was local cakes ( which was not edible to foreigners ! ) Breakfast had very little choices so better to go down to the Lobby Dining for B/F . Very sulky staff on the Club Floor too ! And the Club Floor rooms were exactly the same size as all other rooms so I would not recommend this ! BTW - perhaps the coffee & cream sachets in the room needs a change ? Brand-less ...it looked like it was manually-packed !

The shopping malls around this area gives you something to do but you can find this in every city so location-wise for sight-seeing is not the best since you'll need to take a taxi everywhere ! One good thing is , it's very close to the Airport and a Church ( walking distance ) .

Security was excellent here so there are some good points for this hotel .

Room Tip: They have Smoking and non-Smoking Rooms
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
HISMakati, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear carrie951,

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions. It is with regret to learn that your stay at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati was marred with inconveniences. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the unpleasant issues that ensued during your stay. I have discussed your comments to the rest of the Team in order for us to continuously improve our products and services.

I am pleased that our top-notch security were able to provide you with comfort. I hope that you will grant us another chance to be of better service to you.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

For the third time in a year, I decided to stay in the Holiday Inn. The plusses for this hotel: great location and everything brandnew and I like to save up my point, so I went here again. But, some negative points as well. In another review I wrote about the lack of training from some staff members. Did it change? Nope, not in all aspects!

For the third time on a row the desk staff failed to give me a room as requested! I always ask for a room away from the elevators (they are really really noisy here... Ding Dong... Ding Dong) and at the backside from the hotel (there are severe construction activities on the front side of the hotel) and guess what, for the third time they gave me a room at the front side with lots of banging and hammering from early morning and even during nightly hours)! On my second stay they even gave me a room right next to the elevators, now this third time also just steps away from it. All these three times I immediately requested another room, but the hotel was always fully booked (at least they said so) and only next day they could transfer me (with the hassling of packing your bags again, quit annoying yes). If you only staying a night, I wouldnot make a problem out of it, but when u staying for more then a week like me for business, and also regarding the money u pay for it, I think u dont have to accept this.

Another thing, don't book the Club Room! It just costs u more and u dont get really something back for it. Breakfast on the Club Floor? No thanks, very limited choice compared to the breakfast area in the lobby and slow service. Free wifi (with upgraded speed for which u need to pay when u in a standard room)? Oh come on, your wifi is sooo poor! Free drinks on the Club Floor during specific hours? Well the place isnot that inviting, never saw someone sitting there and having a drink. And rooms on Club Floor are same size as standard rooms, so there no benefits either. I will never book a Club Room anymore if they dont give you benefits that are really making the difference.

I visited many hotels from the same group but I am not sure if I will be staying in this hotel in Makati again. Kinda tired moving my stuff all the time from one room to another every time. Or maybe the best thing to do is not to add any special requests with your reservation, since they dont read it or dont take you serious at all! Ding Dong!

Another thing, the Club Floor. There were no other rooms available, so I requested for. T

Dear Alex,

Thank you for taking the time to share us your feedback here on TripAdvisor. I am very sorry to hear that your stays with us have not been as relaxing and as satisfactory as I would have hoped. We guarantee our guests with the best lodging product and service and it is with regret to learn that we were not successful in achieving that. I appreciate your valuable feedback and we will use these to improve our hotel's offerings. Rest assured that the issues you have shared in your review have been forwarded to the departments concerned for correction and consideration.

We hope that you will grant us the fourth chance to serve you and show you our improvements.

Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is located just above the new Glorietta 1. So while doing business my wife and kids can do shopping at Glorietta. With buffet breakfast. Just 30min away from NAIA Terminal 3. Highly recommended for family as well as foreign guests.