“Good Holiday Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 80 Hotels in Makati
York, United Kingdom
“Good Holiday Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Newish hotel with clean and quite modern rooms.
Rooms were quiet and the hotel is in a great location near to all the best malls.
Check in was fast but the waiting time to get a lift up to the floors was sometimes a bit long.
Nice rooms, good quality beds / pillows. Spacious too if you go for the one above standard.
Free wifi, well equipped rooms, powerful showers, big windows, reasonable view, blackout curtains, nice furniture, big TV.
Didn't try the food as the choice nearby is vast.
Friendly and more importantly efficient staff.
In Manila (Makati), I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room facing East. West faces building sites.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ritfor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Bowness-on-Windermere, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I was very disappointed with the service at this hotel. I booked an executive club room which meant access to the executive club lounge. Upon booking I was definitely advised this would be a great idea as its good value for money but upon arrival I was then informed that kids are not allowed in the lounge during 6-8 when it's cocktail hour, which they conveniently forgot to inform me during booking knowing I'm booking with two kids with me, they then offered us to go to the bar in the rooftop but upon getting there we were informed that there is a private party happening and that we had to go downstairs after being passed up and down the lift we finally got our drinks. The next night we went to the same bar to get our drinks to be then informed that we're not allowed to have anymore in that bar, even tho the previous night that's where we where sent, my husband apparently had to go to the club lounge and just bring food and drinks to myself and our kids, they must be so inconsiderate to think we went on holiday across the world just to be separated by incompetent staff that can't communicate properly with each other. I've been conned into paying for an upgrade when it doesn't even benefit me at all. Its also hard to relax when the doors kept slamming and you can hear people coming in and out of their rooms. During breakfast I was asked if I would like tea or coffee which I replied yes to which I never got and when I informed them that I'm still waiting for my beverage they just ignored me like I didn't even exist how rude. Staying here was complete waste of my money.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank K f
HISMakati, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time share your experiences in our hotel. I would like to take the opportunity to apologize for our lapses and shortfalls. We strive to provide our guests the highest standard of accommodation and we are very sorry to hear that we were not able to cater to your family's needs. I have discussed your feedback to the responsible departments and have strictly noted that such vital information should be shared and explained to guests upon reservation, and I have reminded our associates to ensure that all of our guest's needs are attended to promptly.

We hope that you will grant us another opportunity to provide you with a better lodging experience.

Karim K
Hotel Manager
Las Pinas, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We had our family staycation in Holiday Inn Suites last November. It was a last minute decision and we made an excellent choice of booking a room here. The person i spoke with over the phone was very nice and polite. He willingly addressed each query and even suggested that i take advantage of an offer directly from them instead of doing it online through one of the online booking sites since it would actually be a little cheaper. So after my shift, i went directly and paid our hotel a day in advance. When we got there, we were attended to promptly and my daughter was evem given a halloween lootbag eventhough their halloween event was over. They were so nice! They allowed us to check in early(12nn$ and to check out late (1pm). The room was soooo nice! And the bed was so comfy.. I love the fact that they have different pillows to suit each one's tastes. My hubby and i chose the firm one, while my daughter took the soft pillows. What i love about this hotel, is its very near the malls. So we had time to roam around without having to take the car out again and worry abt parking. We loved the fact that kids eat free here. They even have plastic kiddie plates, bowls and utensils. So u wouldnt have to worry about any broken plates or kids not being able to carry their own when they go to the buffet table. My daughter had a great time choosing cereals and having differnt toppings for her waffle. She loved the bacon and donuts too! The array of food is just right for the price of the hotel. They were very attentive and we didnt have to call them to get our coffee cup refilled as they would immediately go to your table and offer u some.. They are so nice. :)

My daughter wanted to swim so i accompanied her to the roofdeck and i was immediately given a towel. If theres one thing id comment here, i hope they would add umbrellas near the swimming area. It was too hot during that time and the seats that had umbrellas were all occupied.

We had so much fun there and would definitely go back for another staycation. thank u Holiday Inn Makati! We enjoyed our stay there!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank alpha_female8
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

The good - newest hotel on the block in a great location connected to the Glorietta mall. Has great service staff who are very eager to greet and serv. IHG guests are acknowledged and you can expect complimentary drinks and other privileges to be thrown in with your stay. Concierge was helpful and efficient in making local transport arrangements.

The bad - Lobby was small and elevators cannot cope with the crowd during the busy hours. Staff responsible for airport pick-up was not at the arrival area and only showed up after a call was made to the hotel.

And the SMELLY - the room I got stunk of sewage, very likely from clogged pipes in the bathroom. At first I thought it was just me or whoever came to clean the room has a blocked nose as the housekeeping staff did not even bother to use any air freshener to get rid of the stench. It got so bad the last night that sleeping with bathroom door shut failed to keep out the smell of rotten trash. Unacceptable for a new hotel. No complaints were made as it was a short stay but I will not return.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Y880
Dear Y880,

Thank you for taking the time to write us your thoughts following your stay at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati. We appreciate your willingness to share us your comments and feedback.

We are very sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations from the Holiday Inn brand. Your feedback allows us to look into the aspects of our hotel that needs to be improved. Rest assured that our Executive Housekeeper and Chief Engineer are collaborating to address the issue that you have raised about the quality of our rooms. In addition, we have also shared your experience to our airport service provider to avoid recurring inconveniences to guests in the future.

Nonetheless, we are glad that our associates were able to provide you with efficient service and that you enjoyed your IHG Rewards Club privileges.

You are a valuable guest at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati. We hope to demonstrate the improvements that will be made by having another chance to welcome you back.

Yours sincerely,

Karim K
Hotel Manager
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Very nice location next to the mall... Very clean and big room. Highly recommend this to family....
Bed is very comfortable
Gym little bit small they limited in there gym machine and dumbbells
Swimming pool nice but sometimes very cold during early morning

Stayed December 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I used my points to stay at this hotel and here in the US I find Holiday Inns to be rather mediocre. I was pleasantly shocked to discover this really first class property. Fresh, crisp sheets, very modern room, extremely clean. The staff was very professional and experienced. It felt more like a Ritz than a Holiday Inn.

The restaurant buffet was also superb.

Although I used my points the advertised price was around a hundred bucks.

Also only about 15 minutes from the airport.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Cincytraveler53
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Two of my friends and I booked for an overnight stay in this hotel for our yearly bonding after our company Christmas party which was held just near the area. This hotel is just in the middle of the Makati mall chains like Greenbelt, Glorietta, Landmark and SM. And is walking distance from MRT Ayala station. But we had to go through heavy traffic getting to Makati coming from Manila..anyway..
The ambiance of the hotel lobby was surprisingly nice, and you can't find it in the hotel entrance at the ground floor. It is on the 2nd floor where "Flavors" restaurant is, this is where we had our delicious buffet breakfast the following day. Food was good, almost same with the other 5-star hotels' breakfast we had, and the staff are all-smile which made us feel we are having a great morning!
Their pool is at the roof deck, just a simple rectangular-shaped pool, not that big, but it's ok, we don't swim lapses anyway. Oh! By the way they have a separate small kiddie pool where they have a lifeguard strictly looking after the kids, so I'm pretty sure your kids are safe there, but of course kids should still be accompanied by adults.
I like the room, it feels relaxing, feels like a home away from home. Their twin bed is big so it can accomodate 2 pax and yet still sleep comfortably. I love the pillows! It's soooo..i dont know how to explain it..soft? I wish I can bring it home! :) The bathroom is just big enough though we didnt have a bathtub, but the shower room is nevertheless spacious :) at least I don't need to limit my movement while taking a bath.
We paid the room for around 8000+ pesos or $188 for 3 pax with buffet breakfast, free wifi and parking.
Maybe if there's anything I didn't like much here is that they only have 3 elevators, so it always took us a while to get a ride at their lift.
Other than that, everything is a-ok, love the ambiance, the friendly staff and the service, the hotel looks simple but it's nice in there! And we enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed December 2013