“First Class”

Holiday Inn & Suites Makati
Ranked #13 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I used my points to stay at this hotel and here in the US I find Holiday Inns to be rather mediocre. I was pleasantly shocked to discover this really first class property. Fresh, crisp sheets, very modern room, extremely clean. The staff was very professional and experienced. It felt more like a Ritz than a Holiday Inn.

The restaurant buffet was also superb.

Although I used my points the advertised price was around a hundred bucks.

Also only about 15 minutes from the airport.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Cincytraveler53
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn & Suites Makati

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Two of my friends and I booked for an overnight stay in this hotel for our yearly bonding after our company Christmas party which was held just near the area. This hotel is just in the middle of the Makati mall chains like Greenbelt, Glorietta, Landmark and SM. And is walking distance from MRT Ayala station. But we had to go through heavy traffic getting to Makati coming from Manila..anyway..
The ambiance of the hotel lobby was surprisingly nice, and you can't find it in the hotel entrance at the ground floor. It is on the 2nd floor where "Flavors" restaurant is, this is where we had our delicious buffet breakfast the following day. Food was good, almost same with the other 5-star hotels' breakfast we had, and the staff are all-smile which made us feel we are having a great morning!
Their pool is at the roof deck, just a simple rectangular-shaped pool, not that big, but it's ok, we don't swim lapses anyway. Oh! By the way they have a separate small kiddie pool where they have a lifeguard strictly looking after the kids, so I'm pretty sure your kids are safe there, but of course kids should still be accompanied by adults.
I like the room, it feels relaxing, feels like a home away from home. Their twin bed is big so it can accomodate 2 pax and yet still sleep comfortably. I love the pillows! It's soooo..i dont know how to explain it..soft? I wish I can bring it home! :) The bathroom is just big enough though we didnt have a bathtub, but the shower room is nevertheless spacious :) at least I don't need to limit my movement while taking a bath.
We paid the room for around 8000+ pesos or $188 for 3 pax with buffet breakfast, free wifi and parking.
Maybe if there's anything I didn't like much here is that they only have 3 elevators, so it always took us a while to get a ride at their lift.
Other than that, everything is a-ok, love the ambiance, the friendly staff and the service, the hotel looks simple but it's nice in there! And we enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank MeSoloTravel
Reviewed December 25, 2013

I booked an Executive room way in advance (one month) and paid Php 8,073.00. I figure, its Christmas and its good to splurge once in a while. They were able to accommodate my request for an early check-in and I was in my room by 10am instead of waiting for the usual 2pm. What surprised me was how small the room was compared to my expectation. Including the bathroom. Since I got the Executive room, I was expecting a much bigger room. This one was smaller than the usual basic room you get on a “branded “ hotel. Made me wonder if the Deluxe room is smaller? The bed was king size and the beddings were great. Overall, the room was okay but I just felt cheated with the smallness of it. For the price I paid, it was really small. And the bathroom. Whew. It was small. Just a shower and toiler bowl and a sink. I thought I would get a tub at least. The best part of the bathroom was the bidet. I haven’t seen one in other top hotels I stayed so it’s a plus for them. However, there was something wrong with their plumbing coz there’s always water around the floor surrounding the toilet bowl. I think the bowl itself was leaking but I didn’t call their attention since I only stayed for a night.

Facilities: They have a gym and swimming pool which I took advantage of since its my vacation. According to their brochure, facilities would open at 6am. I went to the pool area at around 6:10 and it was not ready. Hmm. They were still putting water in it. The gym, which was near the pool area was also close. I saw another guest waiting for it to open. They should not say that they open at 6 if they are not ready to accept guests at the exact time. I used the gym the night before and I was disappointed because they did not give me any towels. I was sweating like crazy but they could not offer me a towel. I was expecting that towels will be provided. They should advice their guests to bring one of the face towels from their room if they are not going to provide it. The gym, although it had plenty of machines was again….small. Which means it had poor ventilation. If half a dozen of people would be working out and sweating at the same time in that room, I can just imagine the smell of sweat (hehe).

I did not get a chance to check out the room service since when I checked out their room service menu, I found it to be too expensive. The cheapest thing you could order was at Php 160 which was a bottled mineral water! Better to eat outside. Another disappointment was the coffee they provided free for guests. Its one of those generic coffee packet you see on every budget hotel. They could not even provide a Nescafe instant coffee??? Really?

Since I paid for an Executive room, I could have my breakfast at their Executive Lounge which again turned out to be one small room. The coffee there was good but the food were just so, so. Again, they provided those generic sugar and creamer packets. What a disappointment. But the room was limited to guests on the Executive floors so there was no line in the buffet table.

The staff were all friendly. They kept doing room check however which was kinda irritating if you are in the middle of chilling out and you have to open your door for them. They did one room check in the evening and one in the middle of the morning.

All the complaints I have above are issues which I did not expect from a branded hotel. Overall, I still enjoyed my stay and will stay there again given a chance. I just would not stay in the Executive Room since I feel that paying Php 8k and experiencing the smallness of the room and bathroom and no towels in the gym is too much. If I had stayed in the deluxe room which was around Php 5k, then maybe I can understand these “issues”. Again, its just me.

Room Tip: If you want a more "exclusive" service, get an Executive Room since you will get an acces...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Jen18_10
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2014

Dear Jen18_10,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of product and services we offer to our guests.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights .Room was very clean and spacious and had everything I needed.wifi in room was great. All staff from housekeeping to concierge were very helpful with concerns .
Only disappointment was the room I purchased did not include breakfast. When I enquired how much breakfast was for one person I was told 2000 pesos.Nil discount for single travelers.2000p is excessive! Anyway plenty of coffee shops and food court within 2 min walk where I had hearty breakfasts for less then 300 p.
Oh and the gym on roof top does not have aircon for some reason just portable fans :/

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Dorsie_80
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear Dorsie_80,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are pleased to see the staff was a highlight of your visit, It is unfortunate the breakfast pricing marred your experience. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Close to Airport. The Hotel is connected to the shopping malls, eateries and pubs, very convenient and walkable within the green belt areas. The rooms are spacious and beds are comfortable with many selections of TV channels. They have a rooftop lounge with a gym and pool to chill out.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Julia294265
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

We stay here for our yearly vacation.. all was very good and enjoy!
1.Very good location with near the mall and MRT
2. Clean and big room
3. We feel al the time 24hrs safety in this property for having K-9 dog in hotel entrance :)
4. Very helpul staff specially in concierge department
5. very nice rooftop and we enjoy the pool for our bonding
6. Good restaurant "Flavors"

thank you and we will come back again in same property nxt yr!!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank robvy
Jem S, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear robvy,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on TripAdvisor. We are truly grateful for your appreciation towards Holiday Inn & Suites Makati's products, location and staffs. We are more than delighted to learn that you had a memorable and enjoyable stay in our hotel.

It was our pleasure to host you during your stay in Manila. We are looking forward to your future stay with us.

Warm regards,

Jemina S
Distribution and Relationship Marketing Manager

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We stayed here for a night to celebrate my friend's birthday. Upon check in, I was not recognized as an IHG Platinum Elite member and I have to mention it to the front desk. It was a hideous check in. I waited for 15 minutes because there were 3 people lined up in front of me to check in and only 1 available check in counter.

Note that this is a new hotel, it opened less than a year ago.

The rooms are spacious and it has most of the essentials. We were in the 10th floor. The hotel is very secured because you need your keycard to access all the other floors except the lobby and roofdeck.

We ate at the Citron Bar before heading to Glorietta. Serving time is not as fast but the quality of the food is excellent and the staff provides great service.

The pool is average. The fitness center is average. You have to go to the ground floof for the mall access door.

We had a great breakfast at the Flavors hotel. The choices are limited but it sufficed. Again, excellent service here. The Holiday Inn teddy bear inside the room is NOT Complimentary. I have stayed in several Holiday Inns' around the world and its funny that I have to pay extra for lousy children's kit.

Overall, this is a good hotel to stay in because of its location.

Room Tip: get the higher floors
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sunkissedguy
Jem S, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Dear Sunkissedguy,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati and for taking the time to write us a review on TripAdvisor.

I would like to apologize for the unsatisfactory check-in experience you had in our hotel. We appreciate your loyalty to the InterContinental Hotels Group and we are truly sorry for failing to recognize your membership in this occasion. Further in to your review, we have taken careful note of your comments regarding the breakfast at Flavors Restaurant and the mini bar. Rest assured that the respective department heads handling these are looking into the improvement of the mentioned areas.

We are thankful for your appreciation towards the other aspects of our hotel and we hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

Kind regards,