“Again stay at HISM”

Holiday Inn & Suites Makati
Ranked #12 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I was my 2nd time at HISM. Is quite new hotel and very good located to shopping malls and Greenbelt area.
Hotel not too big. Style modern and enjoyable.
If go Philippines Im always worried about security. But this hotel looks quite safe. I like to check in 4th floor bc it is not so busy and crowed.
All staff welcome me with a big smile. That I really like.
Breakfast buffet is excellent, too much for take every morning. Last time stayed executive floor and lounge. More quiet, nice view, very friendly staff (especially Donna) and all my wishes were fullfilled.
Room size and comfort is quite good.
For my next trip to Manila for sure: only one choice is HISM

1  Thank Alfred G
Jem S, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Alfred G,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati again. We truly appreciate the comments you have written about our hotel and we are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your second stay.

It's always our pleasure to welcome you back. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Distribution and Relationship Marketing Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,179)

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed here in April 2013 for five days, four nights, traveling on business. I was initially apprehensive given some reviewers comments on elevators and novice staff. No need to fear, it was a great stay.

The hotel is attached to a large shopping mall development and is right in the heart of Makati, which is the upscale business district. From this perspective, the location is good but only if your business is in Makati. Manila traffic has to be seen to be believed- absolute chaos. I had a couple meetings in Quezon City, which is at least an hour at any time other than very early in the morning, and can be several hours in average traffic.

You enter the hotel at grade but the lobby is in fact several floors above grade so even to check in you need to go up the elevator. Other reviewers have said they had long waits for elevators- I did not experience this, though I would say a couple things. First, the number of elevators for a high rise building (four) did seem too few, particularly when it was clear that they held one of them at all times for executive floors. Second, it felt more like the elevator software just wasn't quite right- unpredictable stops and door behavior. Just more like a kink they will work out with experience.

The staff was like everyone in the Phillipines- kind, generous, and helpful. Yes, some you will run into are a little green (meaning new to service jobs) but overall the effort is there and by now I'm sure everyone is trained up and moving fast.

I had a room about halfway up the tower. The rooms are pretty spacious by Asian standards and I like the new Holiday Inn look. Bathrooms are reasonable sized. One downside I definitely experienced was the water never really got hot in the shower or sink. I assumed that this was known to management and they would be working on it (the hotel had only been open a few weeks when I stayed there). However, if this hot water issue is still the case, it could be a deal breaker. When I was there it never got more than luke warm at best.

A definite highlight is the rooftop pool and bar. I ate dinner up there several nights, and really appreciated being able to cool off after a day of meetings. This amenity alone makes the hotel a great place for a family or couple who wanted to come to Makati for the first time. The gym is also at this level and is well equipped. The only issue I had is that even in the air conditioned gym I got too hot to work out- Manila is that hot and humid.

To sum up, this is a really solid choice with a great amenity- the rooftop pool- that would make it a good choice. Given that it is likely to be much cheaper than other Makati options I'm not sure why you'd pay the higher prices. Just check review of people who have stayed there recently to see if they've fixed the hot water.

Room Tip: The higher the better, ask to face away from the mall.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank bostonbeacon
Jem S, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear bostonbeacon,

Thank you for giving us the chance to host you during your visit in the country. It is wonderful to learn that you enjoyed your stay and your dinner at the OZ Bar. Being the only roof deck bar in the whole city, we take pride in providing one of the best dining experience to our visitors and guests. Further into your review, the issues that you have encountered during your stay has been raised to the relevant departments. Rest assured that these lapses will be addressed accordingly.

We hope that you will grant us another opportunity to host you again in the future.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We had a great time during our stay at Holiday Inn Glorietta Makati. It's new, very clean, staffs were friendly and helpful. And since it is linked to the Mall, It is so convenient for your shopping needs, everything is just right there groceries, restaurants...cinemas etc.
Their Brunch Buffet at Flavors was fantastic! So many choices...their Arrozcaldo was the best I ever tasted! The pool at the Roofdeck wasn't that big but ok.
You have to go to 4th Flr to check in which was so unusual compared to other hotels where they are usually at the Ground Floor Lobby.
And because the hotel is still new, the hallways smells fresh and clean!
We'll definitely stay here again. And will recommend to family and friends who will go on vacation to Philippines!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cat s
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for a 2D-1N seminar.

Pros:
1. Excellent location - right in the center of Makati CBD, direct access to and from Glorietta mall, very near Landmark, Greenebelt and other dining establishments within Makati
2. Great food - I tried the breakfast and lunch buffets and I really love their food.
3. Rooms - I like the overall design of our room. It's clean, comfortable and quiet. I like the TV speaker in the bathroom and the labels of pillows (firm or soft) - these are things that I haven't seen in the hotels I've stayed in. Toiletries are generally complete. Aircon and water heater are working perfectly fine. It's always nice to stay in a newly built hotel.
4. Amenities - The hotel has nice meeting/function rooms, roofdeck swimming pool, gym and spa.

Cons:
1. Service - Since I attended a seminar there, I note the slow service of the staff assigned to our group. We waited long for our coffee to be served in the function room during the 1st day. But eventually, their service improved.
2. Lobby - One of the access is through the small ground floor lobby which doesn't seem airconditioned to me. So if you're there waiting for your ride, it might get a little uncomfortable - better to stay in the Glorietta lobby adjacent to it instead. The 4/F lobby where you check in is a bit small. Space is a little tight during check-in time.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Tin_Manila
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed at Holiday Inn Suites Makati in Aug 2013. This hotel is new and is linked to a shopping mall that proved to be very convneient for all your food, shopping needs. The check in is on the 4th level (think so) but definitely not at the ground level. Small lobby and can get croweded. Room are clean, bathroom reasonable size. Staffs are friendly and will assist in any way they can

The only down side is the elevator which is slow and that upon check in, they will charge P8000 peso which will be returned if there are no other charges after check out. This is the first I have encountered.

Overall I would rate GOOD.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from construction activities,
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SGNCF
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I usually stay somewhere else when in the Philippines, however this time I decided to try the Holiday Inn for a change.

To begin I will state that I really cant stand hotels where I have to take a lift to the Lobby to check in. To me that is an inconvenience that I do not need after a long flight. I can understand why it is like that at this hotel, but it just does not do it for me.

The rooms are ok. reasonably sized and very clean. Shower was great. nice and high on the wall and as I am tall, this matters to me.

The room service menu is very poor in regards to choices. I would have expected a much larger selection of items to be available via room service.

What is it about hotel breakfasts? Besides the fact that they all seem to get their sausages from the same butcher (no matter where in the world they are), they can never seem to keep anything hot. On this occasion, the bacon, tomato and potato were all ice cold. Surely it really is not that difficult?

Check out was pleasant enough, however I am still questioning why I was charged for internet access when as a Gold member I am supposed to get this included for free. 2000P charged which I believe is incorrect, yet the staff did argue with me about that one.

Beside that incident the staff were all pretty friendly which is the nature of the people in the Philippines.

Would I stay here again - unlikely, but that is just my choice and my preference to the other hotel that I have always stayed in on prior visits.

2  Thank RichardLOZ
Jem S, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear RichardLOZ,

Thank you for taking the time to share us your feedback about your experience at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati. It is with deep regret to learn that you were not able to fully enjoy your stay with us. Pleased to report that our Food & Beverage Department has recently added new items in the breakfast and room service menus. In addition, we have also taken note of your comment regarding the quality of the food items served at Flavors Restaurant. Rest assured that corrective actions are now being followed in order to guarantee our guests that all offerings from our dining outlets are in top quality.

Further into your review, we offer complimentary Internet access to all our guests with the standard speed of 512 kps and we only charge those who avail of an upgrade. I will be more than happy to personally check your booking details to see if there was any discrepancy. I would appreciate if you can provide us with further details regarding your booking by sending an e-mail to hisuites.makati@ihg.com.

Holiday Inn & Suites Makati

Reviewed October 18, 2013

This Holiday Inn has become my go to hotel in Makati. It's new, the rooms are nice,they staff is very helpful, it's conveniently attached to the Glorietta. I was not a fan when this hotel first opened, the kinks have been getting worked out now it's my go to hotel in Makati. The internet is still touch and go, you will need to upgrade to do any serious web browsing. It's good value and good location.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Glorietta (backside) are quieter, they lack a view but if you want to sleep better...
2  Thank The Big L