“Wonderful 3D/2N stay!”

Holiday Inn & Suites Makati
Ranked #13 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We had a great time during our stay at Holiday Inn Glorietta Makati. It's new, very clean, staffs were friendly and helpful. And since it is linked to the Mall, It is so convenient for your shopping needs, everything is just right there groceries, restaurants...cinemas etc.
Their Brunch Buffet at Flavors was fantastic! So many choices...their Arrozcaldo was the best I ever tasted! The pool at the Roofdeck wasn't that big but ok.
You have to go to 4th Flr to check in which was so unusual compared to other hotels where they are usually at the Ground Floor Lobby.
And because the hotel is still new, the hallways smells fresh and clean!
We'll definitely stay here again. And will recommend to family and friends who will go on vacation to Philippines!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cat s
Write a ReviewReviews (1,157)

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for a 2D-1N seminar.

Pros:
1. Excellent location - right in the center of Makati CBD, direct access to and from Glorietta mall, very near Landmark, Greenebelt and other dining establishments within Makati
2. Great food - I tried the breakfast and lunch buffets and I really love their food.
3. Rooms - I like the overall design of our room. It's clean, comfortable and quiet. I like the TV speaker in the bathroom and the labels of pillows (firm or soft) - these are things that I haven't seen in the hotels I've stayed in. Toiletries are generally complete. Aircon and water heater are working perfectly fine. It's always nice to stay in a newly built hotel.
4. Amenities - The hotel has nice meeting/function rooms, roofdeck swimming pool, gym and spa.

Cons:
1. Service - Since I attended a seminar there, I note the slow service of the staff assigned to our group. We waited long for our coffee to be served in the function room during the 1st day. But eventually, their service improved.
2. Lobby - One of the access is through the small ground floor lobby which doesn't seem airconditioned to me. So if you're there waiting for your ride, it might get a little uncomfortable - better to stay in the Glorietta lobby adjacent to it instead. The 4/F lobby where you check in is a bit small. Space is a little tight during check-in time.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Tin_Manila
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed at Holiday Inn Suites Makati in Aug 2013. This hotel is new and is linked to a shopping mall that proved to be very convneient for all your food, shopping needs. The check in is on the 4th level (think so) but definitely not at the ground level. Small lobby and can get croweded. Room are clean, bathroom reasonable size. Staffs are friendly and will assist in any way they can

The only down side is the elevator which is slow and that upon check in, they will charge P8000 peso which will be returned if there are no other charges after check out. This is the first I have encountered.

Overall I would rate GOOD.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from construction activities,
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SGNCF
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I usually stay somewhere else when in the Philippines, however this time I decided to try the Holiday Inn for a change.

To begin I will state that I really cant stand hotels where I have to take a lift to the Lobby to check in. To me that is an inconvenience that I do not need after a long flight. I can understand why it is like that at this hotel, but it just does not do it for me.

The rooms are ok. reasonably sized and very clean. Shower was great. nice and high on the wall and as I am tall, this matters to me.

The room service menu is very poor in regards to choices. I would have expected a much larger selection of items to be available via room service.

What is it about hotel breakfasts? Besides the fact that they all seem to get their sausages from the same butcher (no matter where in the world they are), they can never seem to keep anything hot. On this occasion, the bacon, tomato and potato were all ice cold. Surely it really is not that difficult?

Check out was pleasant enough, however I am still questioning why I was charged for internet access when as a Gold member I am supposed to get this included for free. 2000P charged which I believe is incorrect, yet the staff did argue with me about that one.

Beside that incident the staff were all pretty friendly which is the nature of the people in the Philippines.

Would I stay here again - unlikely, but that is just my choice and my preference to the other hotel that I have always stayed in on prior visits.

2  Thank RichardLOZ
Jem S, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear RichardLOZ,

Thank you for taking the time to share us your feedback about your experience at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati. It is with deep regret to learn that you were not able to fully enjoy your stay with us. Pleased to report that our Food & Beverage Department has recently added new items in the breakfast and room service menus. In addition, we have also taken note of your comment regarding the quality of the food items served at Flavors Restaurant. Rest assured that corrective actions are now being followed in order to guarantee our guests that all offerings from our dining outlets are in top quality.

Further into your review, we offer complimentary Internet access to all our guests with the standard speed of 512 kps and we only charge those who avail of an upgrade. I will be more than happy to personally check your booking details to see if there was any discrepancy. I would appreciate if you can provide us with further details regarding your booking by sending an e-mail to hisuites.makati@ihg.com.

We hope that you will grant us another opportunity to host you again in the future.

Jemina S
Distribution and Relationship Marketing Manager
Holiday Inn & Suites Makati

Reviewed October 18, 2013

This Holiday Inn has become my go to hotel in Makati. It's new, the rooms are nice,they staff is very helpful, it's conveniently attached to the Glorietta. I was not a fan when this hotel first opened, the kinks have been getting worked out now it's my go to hotel in Makati. The internet is still touch and go, you will need to upgrade to do any serious web browsing. It's good value and good location.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Glorietta (backside) are quieter, they lack a view but if you want to sleep better...
2  Thank The Big L
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Incredible service, the staff follows up on everything and the hotel is new and clean. Great roofdeck bar with awesome staff. Well worth it. Only the restaurant menus are lacking a little but it is so close to everything it does not matter.

1  Thank islandboy99
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is a new hotel situated next to Glorietta Mall, which is linked to a few other malls. The location is perfect since shops and restaurants are within walking distance. This is a big plus especially during rainy days.
The hotel room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet had a good variety and the food was great. The staff were friendly and provided good service.
The only complaint was the card-reader in the lift did not work quite well and there was only one reader in the lift. When the lift was crowded, it became rather inconvenient.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business