“Getting worse instead of better. As a business road warrior, I want little details taken care of. This hotel does not, my recomm”

Holiday Inn & Suites Makati
Ranked #13 of 85 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Still no cash exchange, $1 per page printing, 11:00 pm housekeeping, great breakfast food but slow slow service.
I attributed last months review to grand opening and new staff. Things are only worse not better. I've tried for 3 days to get items printed but no can run the business center. I have some sympathy for staff issues due to typhoon, but really no one else can run it. 3 straight days I turned on the toaster and randomly waited 5-8-10+ minutes for tea and eggs. This is at 6:30 am when there's only 10 people eating. Was awaken 4 straight days by housekeeping talking loudly in the halls from 11 pm - 3 am. When asked to be quiet "sorry sorry sir", but continued later. Tonight at 11:30 pm was waken by housekeeping want to clean my room, this is after a 9:30 pm call asking to clean the room. Was awoke again at 1:16 am by hk to deliver my robe!!?? Still no able to do cash exchange, how unprofessional to be open 3 months and accounting still doesn't trust the hotel to do exchange. Overall, not a good experience. I will not use this HI in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Timzr
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Timzr,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. Please accept my sincere apology for the overall dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay and we regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn & Suites Makati

Reviewed August 20, 2013

the hotel is located in the heart of makati. which is ideal for business and pleasure. the rooms were clean and the staff were accomodating and helpful. close proximity to shops and restaurants makes this holiday inn a must while in manila. Special mention goes to Miss Wenceslao for making our stay there as pleasant as ever.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AirDelta
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The positives:
* Staff's super friendliness. Every staff from the gate where they open the door of your taxis until the reception staff are all very friendly.
* Staff's quick action. All the staff's are very well trained to do their respective job with super quick actions. The concierge desk is very helpful, they even printed out maps for the taxi driver and explained it with great length to the driver.
* Great location. It is located right in the middle of Glorietta mall which makes it very convenient.
* Spacious room, equipped with large LCD TV.
* Nice bedding: the pillows come with 2 different kinds and it is written (soft and hard) which I find really a plus point.
* Nice smell throughout the premise and room
* Nice view of the surrounding area.
* Super safe security. When we leaved and arrived at the hotel by taxi, the security guards will record all the information of the taxis.
* Nice bathroom equipment: All the bathroom is equipped with Grohle brand which is a first class bathroom brand.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Jem S, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Ponkster828,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our hotel. We are more than delighted to learn that you had an overall pleasant experience. It's always rewarding to learn that our guests appreciate the hotel's features and our colleague's services. Your kind words inspire us to work even harder in providing the best lodging option to all our guests.

Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us. It's our pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Respectfully,

Jemina S

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have stayed twice at this property while in Makati for work. The hotel is brand new, the rooms are spacious and clean, the service is very good and the location fantastic just 5 mins walk from Greenbelt. The staff is very kind and at my second visit treated me like someone who had been in the hotel many times!
Great value for money for Makati, highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We were originally going to stay in Shangri-La but since this hotel is new and close to all the shopping, we decided to give it a try.

Yes, all our assumptions are true. We like it because everything is new and it is also so convenient to all the shopping area. If you let me choose again, I will stay here instead of Shangri-La just because of the 2 reasons. Breakfast is very good as well. Shangri-La is much nicer but it is totally fine here. Room is also very big so 4 of us stayed in the two beds with no problem.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank James C
Jem S, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear James C,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn & Suites Makati and for taking the time to write a review about your stay.

The whole Team is very delighted to learn that you had a pleasing and memorable experience in our hotel and that you would choose to stay with us given the other hotels in Ayala Center. Guests comments mean a lot to us and these definitely inspire us to strive harder in keeping our promise of providing a hotel that guests love.

Having you as one of our guests was a pleasure. We hope to see you soon at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

This newly opened hotel in the Makati CBD is super well-located. It is just above Glorietta 2 and a few minutes walk from most of the major offices in the CBD.

Stayed here for 3 nights during the long weekend, every staff would welcome you with a smile. They're all courteous and friendly and willing to help.

I loved the bed as it is not too soft and not too firm! The in-house toothbrush as well as it is surprisingly good quality for a hotel brush!

Even though the lobby isn't that big, the staff make sure that you get fast check -in and check out services. Left anything or got any special requests? I called housekeeping and got extra pillows in less than 5 minutes!! that was really fast!

They also have a fitness corner on the roof deck and a lap pool where you can just soak and get sun kissed! :)

Room Tip: Quiet rooms are quite a walk from the lift.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Dear Pao_Tan,

Thank you for taking the time to write a very encouraging review about our hotel. It's heartwarming to learn that our guests had a delightful stay with us. I am more than happy to know that you appreciate our hotel's location, our staff's service and the our roofdeck amenities.

I hope that you will choose to stay with us again. We are definitely looking forward to having you at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati in the future.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 5 days & 4 nights in Manila and I must say, I really did like my stay. Everything went smooth from the moment I got out of my cab from the airport. The staff greeted me and they helped me with my bags too. At the front desk, the receptionist was so friendly and helpful. He explained everything to me and briefed me about the facilities they offer at their hotel. The hotel itself, is very nice as well since it is still a brand new hotel, everything's great inside my room and the bathroom. The housekeeping staff did a great job too in keeping my room clean & tidy. The only reason I gave them 4 stars is because of the room service. On my last night, I wanted to order some drinks from room service since I have friends coming over to have drinks in my room but I called them few times but there was no answer, tried to call front desk but no one answered too, when I finally got hold of them, the female staff who took my order didn't have a clear knowledge of what they have to offer. I wanted to order a red wine but she doesn't know what kind of red wines do they have and not even the price too! So she kept on telling me I will get back to you for that. I asked them if they have jack & coke and she doesn't know either if they offer that.So that was the only flaw but the rest was fine. Location is great since it's very close to Glorietta and Greenbelt area and very accessible to everything if you like clubbing and shopping.I didn't avail of their breakfast since it's a bit pricey and besides, just go to Greenbelt area and you have an array of restaurants that are of different cuisines.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Dear Lea June M,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati.

Please allow me to apologize on behalf of my colleague who took your call for room service. I have discussed the issue with our Food and Beverage Manager. Rest assured that we are working on giving our staffs further training about our offerings. I am also happy to report that we are working on an updated room service menu so guests would have a better idea on their options. We have also taken note of your feedback about the breakfast's rate. Your comments are valuable for us to know the areas that need to be addressed and improved on.

Even so, thank you for the very kind words that you wrote about your stay. I am glad that you liked our rooms, location and that you felt welcomed by our guest service staffs.

I hope that you will give Holiday Inn & Suites Makati another chance to host you for your future travel needs.