“Great hotel in a great location for great value”

Holiday Inn & Suites Makati
Ranked #12 of 82 Hotels in Makati
Singapore, Singapore
“Great hotel in a great location for great value”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have stayed twice at this property while in Makati for work. The hotel is brand new, the rooms are spacious and clean, the service is very good and the location fantastic just 5 mins walk from Greenbelt. The staff is very kind and at my second visit treated me like someone who had been in the hotel many times!
Great value for money for Makati, highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
San Francisco
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We were originally going to stay in Shangri-La but since this hotel is new and close to all the shopping, we decided to give it a try.

Yes, all our assumptions are true. We like it because everything is new and it is also so convenient to all the shopping area. If you let me choose again, I will stay here instead of Shangri-La just because of the 2 reasons. Breakfast is very good as well. Shangri-La is much nicer but it is totally fine here. Room is also very big so 4 of us stayed in the two beds with no problem.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank James C
Jem S, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear James C,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn & Suites Makati and for taking the time to write a review about your stay.

The whole Team is very delighted to learn that you had a pleasing and memorable experience in our hotel and that you would choose to stay with us given the other hotels in Ayala Center. Guests comments mean a lot to us and these definitely inspire us to strive harder in keeping our promise of providing a hotel that guests love.

Having you as one of our guests was a pleasure. We hope to see you soon at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This newly opened hotel in the Makati CBD is super well-located. It is just above Glorietta 2 and a few minutes walk from most of the major offices in the CBD.

Stayed here for 3 nights during the long weekend, every staff would welcome you with a smile. They're all courteous and friendly and willing to help.

I loved the bed as it is not too soft and not too firm! The in-house toothbrush as well as it is surprisingly good quality for a hotel brush!

Even though the lobby isn't that big, the staff make sure that you get fast check -in and check out services. Left anything or got any special requests? I called housekeeping and got extra pillows in less than 5 minutes!! that was really fast!

They also have a fitness corner on the roof deck and a lap pool where you can just soak and get sun kissed! :)

Room Tip: Quiet rooms are quite a walk from the lift.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Pao_Tan,

Thank you for taking the time to write a very encouraging review about our hotel. It's heartwarming to learn that our guests had a delightful stay with us. I am more than happy to know that you appreciate our hotel's location, our staff's service and the our roofdeck amenities.

I hope that you will choose to stay with us again. We are definitely looking forward to having you at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati in the future.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 5 days & 4 nights in Manila and I must say, I really did like my stay. Everything went smooth from the moment I got out of my cab from the airport. The staff greeted me and they helped me with my bags too. At the front desk, the receptionist was so friendly and helpful. He explained everything to me and briefed me about the facilities they offer at their hotel. The hotel itself, is very nice as well since it is still a brand new hotel, everything's great inside my room and the bathroom. The housekeeping staff did a great job too in keeping my room clean & tidy. The only reason I gave them 4 stars is because of the room service. On my last night, I wanted to order some drinks from room service since I have friends coming over to have drinks in my room but I called them few times but there was no answer, tried to call front desk but no one answered too, when I finally got hold of them, the female staff who took my order didn't have a clear knowledge of what they have to offer. I wanted to order a red wine but she doesn't know what kind of red wines do they have and not even the price too! So she kept on telling me I will get back to you for that. I asked them if they have jack & coke and she doesn't know either if they offer that.So that was the only flaw but the rest was fine. Location is great since it's very close to Glorietta and Greenbelt area and very accessible to everything if you like clubbing and shopping.I didn't avail of their breakfast since it's a bit pricey and besides, just go to Greenbelt area and you have an array of restaurants that are of different cuisines.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Lea June M,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati.

Please allow me to apologize on behalf of my colleague who took your call for room service. I have discussed the issue with our Food and Beverage Manager. Rest assured that we are working on giving our staffs further training about our offerings. I am also happy to report that we are working on an updated room service menu so guests would have a better idea on their options. We have also taken note of your feedback about the breakfast's rate. Your comments are valuable for us to know the areas that need to be addressed and improved on.

Even so, thank you for the very kind words that you wrote about your stay. I am glad that you liked our rooms, location and that you felt welcomed by our guest service staffs.

I hope that you will give Holiday Inn & Suites Makati another chance to host you for your future travel needs.

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This was my third stay at this hotel. I really enjoy the location and the attentive staff. I always feel very welcome and the service is excellent. The rooms are nice size and the bed is very comfortable. The breakfast buffet is wonderful and Beth the manager is the best.
If you have access to the executive lounge, you will feel very comfortable. I feel it has one of the nicest, warmest employees in all the hotels I have visited. Francis, Shari, Donna and Jobeth do a great job of making you feel so welcome.
If your travel plans require you to be in Makati, I highly recommend you stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites.
I look forward to my next visit there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mark012507
Jem S, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear mark012507,

Thank you for providing another encouraging review about your stay with us.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your third stay as much as your previous experiences and we are very thankful for your recommendation of the hotel. I have shared your review to Francis, Shari, Donna and Jobeth as well as on Holiday Inn & Suites Makati's Facebook community.

We hope to see you at the hotel soon.

Southeast Florida
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This location is so nice and new, it won me over. Yes there are some minor Blahs to the property, but overall it's a shining star worthy of repeat stays.

Check in wise, this property has a 4th floor lobby. Security is at the ground floor door, but it's efficient. My check in was flawless and I was recognized as a Platinum member. I noticed the smell of a new hotel right away. No mold or mildew, nice and clean, and it smells just nice. The hallways on the way to the room are darker than they need to be. Better lightbulbs or fixtures would be a nice addition. The door to the room is very thin also. and lets in a lot of hallway sound. Those are a few minor downsides.

The room is fresh, clean and smelled new. I loved it. The bed is very comfortable, new, and does NOT have that annoying sag of older hotels in the side or middle. Lighting was great. I loved the space of the room overall. The window was large and let in lots of light, but given how nice the rest of the room was, the curtains had flimsy mounting brackets. However, the curtains DID block all light, which aided sleep greatly. I can see them being ripped down over time as they are not as solidly mounted as they could be. The bathroom had a stand up shower, not a tub one. YES! It had great water pressure, and was roomy. The bathroom overall also felt nice and new.

The TV worked well and was a flat screen.

The property had a pool on the roof, but it rained a lot so I could not use it in time available. Their was a bar next to the pool. I was really annoyed at the way they poured small doses of wine, measuring the amount exactly and charging lots for it. That was annoying.

The breakfast was very nice. I had no issues with selection, service, or staff. It was consistent for 2 weeks.

Room service was a limited menu. I heard they were expanding it very soon. Good. While it was good value and quality, I was tired of the same items for 2 weeks. Bottled water was overpriced, and you had the same issue with short-pouring of wine with high prices attached.

The hotel is attached to Glorietta mall. It was excellent to be able to leave the hotel and enter the mall on the ground floor w/o having to get wet or cross the street. It was also very close to the Greenbelt mall, another excellent mall.

The cars to and from the Airport/Holiday Inn were too small. They really need to have a big backseat car available all of the time. Service was prompt tho, and other than the car size, no other issues.

Checkout was as smooth as check-in. One thing to watch for is the "premium" button on the in-house internet. I have no clue how it looks or acts different, but the charge is much higher for "premium" When they begin to offer free internet for Platinum IHG members, they explained that "Premium" will still be chargeable.

Overall, I loved the property. It looked, felt, and smelled new. It was clean. It shone far far over the Intercontinental, which also charges more for their rooms, which smell of mildew. It's bathrooms had stand up showers. The beds were stellar and the linens so nice and crisp/new. I recommend it.

Room Tip: View of the mall roof are boring. Ask about views if they matter to you.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank VisitedNewPlaces
Dear VisitedNewPlaces,

We appreciate your feedback following your stay at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati.

Your kind words encourage us to work even harder in providing the best possible lodging experience to all our guests. We are very happy to learn that our facilities and services made your stay memorable and satisfactory. We have also taken note of the issues that you have brought up in your review and are considering possible ways to address these.

Thank you for your loyalty and we hope to welcome you back in our hotel soon.

Kind regards,

Makati
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Worst meal I have ever had! The buffet was pricey for the quality.

Staff are also ill trained. They hover over the table, not knowing what to say or do.

Its a good thing its so near Glorietta 5 where you have several great choice restos and have a great meal.

Clean and great decor though.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear lel0525,

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at our hotel. We are glad that you liked our location, hotel's cleanliness and decor. It is regrettable to learn that you were not satisfied with the service and meal that you received during your stay. We would like to address this further and have sent you a private message.