“Fantastic Service at this Beautiful New Hotel in Makati”

Holiday Inn & Suites Makati
Ranked #12 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I had a great two night stay at this beautiful new five-star hotel in Makati. This hotel is located in the same complex as a large shopping mall, making it convenient both for shopping and dining. It is also not very far away from the airport via main roads. The thing that stood out here for me most however was the fantastic staff. They went above-and-beyond top ensure that I had a pleasurable stay, and were very friendly and pleasurable too. I truly was made to feel like a valued guest. This hotel also has beautiful facilities. My room was spacious well-appointed and modernly decorated, and the restaurant, lobby, rooftop and funky bar make your stay relaxing, enjoyable, and memorable. The roof top deck is beautifully landscaped and is a great place to relax and enjoy the large, spotless swimming pool. During my stay I had a great meal in the hotel's main restaurant, although the service here could have been better. Overall, I had a very enjoyable stay, making this hotel is my first choice for when I return to Manila in the future.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Pjsalt
Karim K, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Pjsalt,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati.

We are deeply grateful for the kind words that you have for our hotel. We are very happy to learn that your overall experience was memorable and satisfactory. Your comments motivate us to further deliver the best service to our guests.

I have shared your feedback to the rest of the team and everyone would like to extend their sincerest gratitude for your encouraging feedback.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati again.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,179)

Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is a new hotel in the best location for everything you could want to do in Manila, ideally placed in Makati and easy walking distance to all the shopping and great dining that Manila has to offer. From the moment we arrived until we checked out we could not have asked for better service from all staff of this hotel. I had been a little nervous due to some reviews based on the hotel being new and needing to iron out some teething problems but we could not find fault with anything for our entire stay. The rooms are big and nicely presented with all amenities you could hope for. The pool bar on the rooftop is a lovely place to relax at the end of a busy day shopping and sightseeing too! I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it for either business or holiday needs.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ngaire5
Jem S, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Ngaire5,

Thank you for taking the time to write a feedback following your recent stay at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati. We are very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your lodging experience. It's inspiring to learn that guests love our hotel and recommend us.

I have relayed your review to the rest of the Team and we are all very grateful for the kind words that you have left on TripAdvisor about Holiday Inn & Suites Makati.

We hope to see you in our hotel soon.

Jemina Sampang

Reviewed July 13, 2013

New hotel with new hotel kinks but the location and the service is great. Really great hotel gym and the breakfast Buffett is awesome. The Citron Bar has great healthy meal choices. Although since this hotel is in the hub of Makati be sure to get a room over looking the op of the mall and away from the elevators especially if you are working US hours otherwise the construction and elevator noise will not let you sleep. The Spa is great and a perfect way to unwind after a long international trip over to Manila.
I caution you to be careful with the way you position the shower head as you could flood the whole bathroom.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank septsuz
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

First time to stay in this hotel and my entire experience, from the time I set foot in this property until my check-out, was short of spectacular. I truly appreciated the efficient yet unobstrusive service.
Guest room is very spacious and I I particularly like the bedside lighting and multi-media panel by the work desk; really well-thought of. And did I mention it's conveniently located beside the mall? Really the best place to stay in Makati.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank TEC162
Jem S, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear TEC162,

Thank you for providing a review about your experience at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati.

It is very inspiring to hear that our guests appreciate our hotel's amenities and facilities. We're glad to learn that you enjoyed your overall lodging experience with us and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Jemina S

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed for 12 days at this hotel and was very impressed. The room is spacious and very comfortable. Free Internet is appreciated and the breakfast buffet is great - omelette made to order, fresh fruit, cereal and a great variety of fresh juices. The staff take incredible care of you and treat you like a king. You are greeted warmly throughout the hotel and the staff jumps to push your elevator button, get you clean towels when you are at the pool etc. they have a really nice workout facility with some Lifetime equipment, free weights, treadmills and stationary bikes. The pool is heated and about 5feet deep at one end. They also have a sauna and a nice executive lounge. There is an Outback Steakhouse and a Tony Roma's around 4 minutes away. Subway and Starbucks are within 6-7 minutes. As others have mentioned, the hotel is connected to a mall so there is several bookstores, fast food restaurants, a grocery store and tons of shops nearby.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Aroon M

Dear Aroon M,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write a review about Holiday Inn & Suites Makati on TripAdvisor.

We are more than happy to learn that you had a pleasant two-week stay in our hotel. We are committed in providing each guest with the best service and facilities and it's very rewarding to know that we were able to achieve that.

It was our pleasure to have you as one of our guests. We are definitely looking forward to welcoming you back!

Jemina S

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Finally, another hotel that is affordable and in a great location. I travel to Makati quite often, on a budget travel with my company. The Holiday Inn offers its business travelers a great Home away from Home. The staff is friendly and Free Wifi in all the rooms!! A HUGE plus for me! The rooftop pool and view are not to be missed. I love, love, love the location right next to the new portion of Glorietta. The breakfast buffet was pretty darn good too. Overall, this is my new go-to hotel when in Makati!! Enjoy!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank WeHeartTravel_143
Karim K, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear TravelLady30,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about your recent stay at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati. Our hotel is committed in providing the best service and amenities to all our guests and we are very happy to learn that we were able to meet your expectations. We sincerely appreciate your positive feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in our hotel.

Kind regards,

Karim Klaa

Reviewed July 4, 2013

This hotel was recommend by an ex-colleague and it certainly lived up to my expectations. Check in was smooth, and the luggage was brought up to my room very quickly. The room was spacious, felt very clean, and you can easily ID the cushiness of the pillows by the covers. The words "hard", "soft" were sewn on.

The bathroom was decent size for one person. I was hoping for a tub, but the spacious shower stall with good water pressure made up for the lack of one. Also, the hotel pretty much provided all the essential amenities: shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body lotion, toothbrush/paste, etc. I felt I could have not brought my own toiletries.

The staff were very helpful. I had to keep some stuff in the freezer while I was there, and they were very obliging. Even brought the stuff back to me at last minute's notice when i was checking out. And they did all these with smiles. Nice.

The breakfast spread was nothing fantastic, but for a business traveller like me, I felt it sufficed. There was the usual continental offerings, some local selections, sushi, noodles, etc. What I enjoyed most are the fruit juices. Tastes like real fruit juices and not some cordial or diluted juice, especially the mango nectar.

Location wise, it was right behind Glorietta 4. Very convenient for quick bites, or a run to the supermarket for other essentials.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay, and will certainly stay there again if I go there again. I do recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DoeTan

Dear DoeTan,

We are very happy to know that you had a pleasant experience during your stay at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati. It was a pleasure to have you as one of our guests and we appreciate the kind words that you have written about our hotel. We are hoping to host you again soon.

Karim Klaa