Holiday Inn & Suites Makati
$74
$147
$114
1,211 results
All reviewsglorietta malloz barihg memberdirect accesspool deckthe executive loungebreakfast buffetthe ground floorrooftop barbusiness tripkey cardgreen beltshopping areadefinitely stay here againbusiness hotelchecking inbusiness district
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My family and I stayed at the hotel for 4 days and three nights during the opening week. We booked three romms because there were 5 of us. Well, we were not in the same floor. Why would this be a problem? Because if you are not staying at the floor you cannot access the floor. So can you imagine that my family had to meet at the 4th floor so we can exchange some stuff. I told the reception my problem and they said they will try to place us in one floor. Nothing happened. No call no further information.

By the way,at the check in, they cannot find my reservation. And then they said I only have two rooms reserved. It is good that I have a print out of my reservation with the corrdct number of rooms and rate.

On the possitive side, the hotel is new. The breakfast was for me excellent. The wait staff is very good and very friendly! Location is perfect.

I probably would try it again if I only have to stay for a few days

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ilangilang
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Our family stayed during the first week of the hotel opening. Our decision to stay was basically due to the location of my dughter's christening is within glorietta and the hotel is new so why not try it. We were so glad we made the decision as it was a great experience. We requested for early check in as the christening is on the same day. MJ (front desk) was very courteous and accomodating. we were checked in earlier than we thought. The room was clean and nice. we requested for a baby crib and was provided immediately. Overall it was a great experience for me and my family. thanks and give my regards to MJ who wAs very polite and professional. see you again next year when we're back in the philippines.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank bellanton
HolidayInnandSuites, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

We are grateful for your wonderful comments about our team members, particularly MJ who is one of our Guest Services Agent. It is truly an honor to work with a very dedicated team. We will definitely pass on your message to MJ.

We look forward to welcoming you again on your next stay.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I just posted this review on the Holiday Inn website, in response to their email asking me to. Well, I should say, tried to, but they rejected it.

Too harsh eh?

Well let's start with the positives. It's new, the rooms are nice, the bathrooms are nice (if you don't want a bath).

Yep - that was it for the positives.

On the downside:
* Not enough lifts and the fact that the reception is on the 4th floor REALLY exacerbates this problem because everyone needs to use the lift twice rather than just once. Huge queues and long waits for the lift
* Gym is tiny and no TV's or anything (at least the equipment is new)
* Pool also pretty small and very noisy
* Breakfast selection is poor and service is worse
* Checkin service is poor
* No benefits for Platinum Priority Club members
* Internet is TERRIBLE. I had to get them up to the room to check mine and he just said "we don't have enough bandwidth and everyone is using it". NOT GOOD ENOUGH for a brand new international hotel.
* Staff have no idea what they are doing
* Room service food choice is laughable
* No teabags in the room - coffee sachets only (seriously? no tea in ASIA?)
* No ice machines - ring up and pray
* On the subject of ringing up .... nobody answers the phone
* Room key stopped working on the hot of 12 noon (even though I had a 2pm late checkout) meaning I had to go back down to reception to fix it

I could go on. I won't go back.

The Dusit Thani, about 1 minute walk away, is the same price and twice the hotel. This hotel needs to either raise it's game or lower its price point.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank fairhsa

Thank you for your review. We value your opinion as a Platinum Priority Club member.

We regret to hear that you were not satisfied with the service you received and with the hotel facilities. We will review your feedback and forward to the appropriate departments for specific action. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

We hope you will give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Recently, my trip took me to Manila. I booked at Holiday Inn which was 6 days operational when I checked in. I noticed 5 or 6 people hanging around the desk and as I checked in my name wasnt even in the system. I waited for 10 minutes before they found out my booking. From there on things got interesting. I was told to wait and was given a drink which was welcoming and sat down where all the other people were waiting only to find out they have been waiting to be checked to their rooms for over an hour! I waited for over an hour to get checked in......painful teething problems if it takes a guest over an hour to be checked in. In fairness the hotel was good, breakfast was adequate and people were courteous. I hope the efficiency and speed of checking in has been established!

Room Tip: Shop till you drop! Just go down and see restaurants and retail stores
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank julianq

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are pleased that you find our location convenient and the breakfast selection to your liking. Thank you also for your positive comments about our staff.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the issues you have encountered during check in. We are constantly looking for ways to improve it. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We have stayed in the Holiday Hotel & Suites Makati last April 16, 2013 for a meeting. The process from preparing for the meeting until we checked out was really smooth. Everyone was very helpful. I love their location as well. It is directly connected to Glorietta and just walking distance to Greenbelt. The rooms are clean and bigger. After a day's meeting we spent our night at the Oz Bar - their poolside bar on their roofdeck. The view was fabulous and music was great! The next time you'll visit Makati, make sure that you stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Makati.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank IamMikeP

Thank you for your comments and for your willingness to share your experiences at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati. We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and that your meeting was a success. It is our goal to provide our guests the highest level of service they expect from us.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.