“Not your typical Spa”

Lasema Jjim Jil Bang Spa and Sauna
Ranked #9 of 41 Spas & Wellness in Makati
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My mom and I loves Lesema Spa. It's a Korean spa located in the heart of Makati City. Here's my review.

Pros:
1. Its VERY clean. The moment you enter the locker room, it's super clean. Shoes have to be removed. The shower / wet area is also clean. No trace of molds. The maintenance lady is always there to clean the area.
2. They limit number of people to avoid crowd. Especially when Lesema have voucher sale, they limit the quantity of people to avoid crowd.
3. It has a homey feeling - everything you need is there. Soap, shampoo, hair dryer, etc But of course, I bring my own.

Cons:
1. If you're a first timer, no one is there to explain to you the set of clothing. So let me explain (a) t-shirt/shorts - it's to be worn in the Jjim Jil Bang area, (b) robe with shorts - it's to be worn when walking to the massage area. 2 pcs of towels will be given for use as well.
2. It takes a very long time for the receptionist to pick-up the telephone.

Over-all, it's a good relaxation place. The Jjim Jil is there to rest and just relax/chill with family or friends. But please observe silence and respect the presence of other people ok.

If you dont want to Jjim Jil, you can always opt for the sauna + massage package. The massage is really relaxing. I think most of their therapist are skilled and really does a good job.

1  Thank DwTokidoki

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have been to this spa the first time last 2007 and I had always wanted to come back. The jjim jill bang experience was really good that makes the rest of the other saunas that ive been to were substandard. When I availed the ensogo deal, i was very excited to come back. Since the voucher specifically mentioned that reservation is necessary, I called to arrange my reservation 3 days prior. I had previously cancelled my initial reservation and rescheduled with no hassle. I did not have any issue with the reception as they were accomodating to me. But i agree that there is no english signs to where you should go. This is understandable since the spa is really intended for koreans however, the staff are helpful to guide you. I dont think you would be lost anywhere since there is a single hallway that leads you to the common area. Overall, best experience as always. The massage was great. I felt all the "click" sound coming out from my bones. I would want to go back and would surely want to experience the fun again.

1  Thank Masalimuot
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I would say it is the worst spa ever! Very hard to make reservation! Very rude staff! They hang up on you over the phone! What kind of a place is this! I do not recommend this place! Not worth it for the price!

4  Thank docmarika
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Someone should teach those people how to treat customers. Lousy service at the reception, rude people. I'm a patient person yet that freaking way they treat a customer was more than enough to keep me fuming. By God, you don't let a customer hear you say 'Sorry, tao lang. Nagkakamali.' 'Sorry. I'm human. I make mistakes.' while turning your head away pretending to be busy or tell us you have no fault at all and blame us for everything when a mere 'sorry we could not serve you now but we could accommodate you another day' would have at least appease us.

What good would all those great facilities do to your business when you let such unfriendly, extremely annoying people run your reception?

We wanted to avail the ensogo promo, I just texted the cellphone number given in the voucher. When I received no reply, I tried calling but incoming calls were not allowed so I thought I could just keep the message to inform them I followed instructions. Is it my fault now that I have no landline to confirm my reservation? If so, why wouldn't they just remove that good-for-nothing number on the voucher or state that we need to receive confirmation before we expect to avail the promo. I read no such rule about receiving any confirmation.

You know what's really annoying? We asked that girl who called herself Sharon about their protocol on sms and she told us that they would text back whether we could reserve that day or not. When we said we received no reply, she suddenly told us that we would not receive a text message when the day is not available. When we insisted that she was saying two opposing statements, she just said, 'Sorry tao lang. Nagkakamali' Oh for heaven's sake, Say sorry only when you mean it. Please!

And as for that guy who calls himself Morgan, he told us that we were the only ones at fault because we didn't try contacting them on the landline. It would have been easier to say, 'Mam, we are sorry for the inconvenience, but the cellphone number had a problem so we didn't receive your reservation but we could accommodate you in the following dates whenever you're available.' That way, we would have calmed down a little and decide on our next date but no. He was wearing a mocking face treating us like we're idiots. Oh he even complained that he was really accommodating last time with the customers allowing people without reservations in and because of that, he's still paying for about 5000 php because of his generosity. How does he want us to react on that? Take pity on him when he was being downright arrogant even suggesting to us that that number might be from the ensogo crew? Why would ensogo write down their own number for lasema spa reservation?!

Nobody appreciates getting their time wasted especially when they were expecting to relax. While going away, that guy even shouted that 'Wag nyo naman kami maliitin, parepareho tayong Pilipino dito.' Don't belittle us, we're all Filipinos here.

Exactly, so talk to us like how Filipinos should be. Friendly and accommodating. People from lasema reception gets zero point on that field.

So much for relaxing.

9  Thank Ystine G
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Terrible reception: Not willing to help customers, they actually didn't mind if you won't visit again next time. Specially the girl in night shift. They even say they don't have manager there.

No guide: No one will assist you, you need to explore it your own.

Good massage: The massage is good, also they are polite( totally different with the reception)

After the experience last nigh, will never visit again.

4  Thank Sing T