“Light but tasty ramen dishes that are easy on the budget”
Review of Kenji Tei

Kenji Tei
Ranked #196 of 1,605 Restaurants in Makati
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 5, 2018

I love ramen (but not the sinful very rich kind), that is why I loved Kenji Tei's offerings. They are light and tasty using the freshest ingredients. Service was good and the ambience was bright and airy.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed April 7, 2018 via mobile

We’ve not visited in awhile since it’s in our neighborhood so we were pleased that our old favorite haunt in Greenbelt 5 has maintained their quality. Our favorite spicy salmon is still a hit and though they used small shrimp for their tempura, it assuaged our craving. The kids wiped out their tonkatsu and the bigger people were too full for desserts after the dinner. Good job Kenji Tei!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed February 6, 2018

Visited the restaurant because of reviews saying the ramen was good, as well as the sashimi.

The ramen was ok. It's not your usual fare of tonkotsu broth, veggies and chashu. Instead, it's made with a clear broth, which is oddly sweet and is more in line with bulalo rather than ramen. I guess if you're looking for a cheaper version of Tsuta Ramen, this would be your bet, but it's not my cup of tea.

That aside, the sashimi's only okay. They come fresher and tastier from your pick of a restaurant in Little Tokyo. I also had the edamame, which seemed like it was boiled rather than steamed. It was too soggy for my liking.

The price is okay for a Greenbelt 5 restaurant. But overall, it's not a restaurant I'd recommend to someone in mad love with Japanese food.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed December 18, 2017

I love Japanese food and this spot is one of my favorites in Makati. They serve good Tuna and Salmon Sashimi.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed November 19, 2017 via mobile

We tried several dishes to try like the ramen, beef cubes and the kani salad but all of them tasted to salty for my taste.

Date of visit: November 2017