“Excellent Value for Money”
Review of Persia Grill

Persia Grill
Ranked #495 of 1,506 Restaurants in Makati
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 11, 2014

My family and I have eaten at this restaurant/had take-outs many times now and we return because the quality is consistent. There are several branches and the one we visit is at Blue Sapphire, 2/F, 2nd Avenue corner of 30th Street, Fort Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City, tel. no. (632) 5199 300. It is near Burgos Circle, known for its restaurants. It is a small, cheaper restaurant, fast food really, but they have made a good effort with the décor for a fast-food restaurant and should be complimented on this. The décor is obviously cheap with ‘Persian’ arches made out of plywood but it does help introduce some atmosphere, not usually found in cheaper restaurants. There are a couple of colorful Persian prints/paintings on the walls, a group of 18 colorful lights hangs in a group near the front door (the same colorful lights are repeated in the booths) and the tops of the wooden tables have local Filipino tiles embedded in them – attractive. Decoration also includes some vases and flowers and the inevitable hookah. The weak point is the furnishings used on the seating, colorful but cheap and showing clear signs of wear and tear quickly.

The main dishes are the kebabs. There a variety of chicken kebabs, morg – Persian style, tikka, lamb and beef or a mixture and they are served with Persian style rice, grilled tomato and yoghurt dip. The staff will mix the tomato and dip at the table for you if you wish. There are wraps with the same kebab or beef shawarma fillings (includes a lot of onion) and a couple of lamb and Persian style burgers. All the kebabs and wraps are recommended. The chicken breast is tender. There are three salads and the one with mango is very tasty. Appetizers include falafel – reasonable – and humous. There are other special dishes (lamb shank, three biryanis, a vegetable musakka and some fish dishes). We have tried the vegetable musakka but it was small dish and we now eat mainly the kebabs because of the consistency, taste and value for money. They also serve a number of less expensive business meals and the drinks are the normal range of iced teas and soft drinks. The staff are cheerful and helpful and the food is promptly delivered. There are a couple of table outside for those who smoke.

The restaurant offers a much healthier range of fast food if you eat the chicken kebabs. My rating of four stars overall is based on a cheaper, fast food restaurant type.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Owned and operated by the Khazemi family (with the carpet business and the actor son), Persia Grill started through their chef who worked in Saudi Arabia for 25 years back in 2009 (if my memory serves me right).

Must try are the Briyani and Tikka. Also the mousakka
and do not forget to use their excellent GARLIC SAUCE and combine it with their hot sauce

Prices are reasonable, Service Charge applies

Reviewed February 26, 2014

The branch we visited was the one in Eco Plaza in Chino Roces . So far this is the best branch for me in terms of ambiance - high ceiling with beautiful and colorful ceiling lamps and nice tables and chairs in a spacious , uniquely designed dining room . I have seen the branches in Salcedo and both SM Megamall and SM North but not so sure if the last two are still operational . Eco Plaza is suitable for a romantic date .

Personally , I am not really into any Arabic or Mediterranean cuisine because of the strong taste and smell . However dining at Persia Grill gives me satisfaction . It's Persian but adapted to Filipino taste . Even children will enjoy it . I love the pita bread and the green salad though the salmon portion served was quite small . Dishes have to be improved in terms of physical appearance to make them more pleasing to the eyes . I always liked the basmati rice topped with butter .

As additional area for improvement is to ensure that cakes served are fresh and not dry and chiller-burned.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

If you are a kebab or shawarma lover, this is definitely the place, I can eat here everyday. Crew service was ok. The overall ambiance will let you imagine your in Middle East.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

My overall rating would be the combination of the 2 branches they have in Makati City. It could have been a better rating if it stands for their Legaspi branch only.

I would like to share my experience in dining at the Persia Grill. Basically, the 2 branches they have are around my area in Makati City. The one I used to dine in is their Legaspi branch, which is just below the building I'm staying. Since I'm really impressed with the food and ambiance they are offering, I am so confident recommending this to my colleagues for our Team Dinner. But since our office is nearby their Valero branch, so I think it would be fine to go there, too.

But after our Team Dinner, I feel the urge to write this review. Below are the details of the comparison of the two branches:

* PRICE: Both branches have the same offer in terms of food options and the price, as well.

* AMBIANCE: Both branches have a great Mediterranean touch accompanied by Mediterranean music.

* FOOD
(Legaspi branch): Quite big portion, taste is fantastic
(Valero branch): Smaller portion, taste is overrated (unlike their other branch in Legaspi, how come?)

* SERVICE
(Legaspi branch): staffs work quick, friendly enough
(Valero branch): staffs work so so so very slow, not that friendly

If an improvement is feasible here, I would like to suggest to add more staffs or waiters for those nights wherein there will be lots of people dining in the Valero branch.

I reserved 16 seats for my team's dinner. We had our long table well reserved (thanks to Mr. Richard). I am just not that satisfied with the service they have, here.

I know it was a Friday night and we expect lots of people (yes, the place was crowded by people that time), but if their staffs are well trained and they have more than enough staffs to attend to their customers' needs, this should not be a problem. The thing is, one of my friends ordered just a simple iced tea, but it took them more than 15 minutes to have it served. By then, my friend was eating her food already without any drink.

Another thing is...about the bill!! My supervisor asked for the bill and it took them MORE THAN 30 minutes to prepare it. Once we get our bill, we checked all the items and found out that we're overcharged by about P1,000 more than what we've actually ordered. There are some other orders that were billed to us, as well.

Bottom line is:
"PERSIA GRILL LEGASPI BRANCH DOES A FANTASTIC JOB, while THE VALERO BRANCH REALLY NEEDS IMPROVEMENT IN TERMS OF FOOD QUALITY AND SERVICE."