Red Planet Manila Makati
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Spa
  • Pool
All reviewstune hotelbudget hotelteam insiderrooms are smallthe red light districtclean hotelwater pressureair conditioningtaxi drivershort staycable tvhot showernight lifewifi connectionroom ratebars and restaurantscomfy bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Basically we had a good stay at Tune Makati. I have tried other Tune hotels and this hotel is the only one who needs improvement on their staff. Biance was the only one during that day who was very friendly, the rest were a bit rude, frowning and had a lot of rants. A foreign guest actually asked for help and one staff at the front desk, didnt got her name, frowned at the girl and wasnt very friendly in answering the question. I asked for a room side by side since we booked two rooms, Bianca was patiently helping me out, while a girl, who I presume is a supervisor since she was wearing a coat ranted about the request.. If not for this, the enitre stay could have good. Beds were comfy.

Room Tip: Get room on higher floors
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Dan P
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in mid June 2013. I had read reviews about this hotel so I had presumptions even before I arrived. So I'll tell you about the good and bad of this place and let you decide for yourself. I did not stay a whole lot in our room as we were in the city out and about most of the time. I was in my room long enough to sleep, and shower

Good- If you don't plan to spend a lot of time in the hotel, then this is a good place to stay for the cost. The beds were very comfortable to sleep on, and contrary to some reviews were not as loud as others said** The rooms were clean, and the staff was nice. One thing that I really liked about this hotel. The door greeters always open the lobby door for you, they will help you with your bags, getting out of vehicle or in. The Wi-Fi signal was good**, the showers have big shower heads and the water is warm-hot. It is within walking distance of many restaurants if you want food, and near the area are a few bar type establishments.

Bad- Its more pay for what you get at this hotel. So there is an extra charge to have Wi-Fi, and TV (no biggy if you're not in room much) You have to pay extra if you want air-conditioning and clean towels. Rooms near the elevator can be a bit loud at times, try to get a room away from elevator area. The shower is very nice, but it is somewhat open (no glass door or curtain), so expect water to be on the floor, in the bathroom area outside of shower.

Overall I would recommend this hotel to someone not looking to spend a lot on a room. For those that are solo travelers, or couples. For families and larger groups (more than 2 or 3). Happy and safe travels.

Room Tip: Top floors are nice for the views, and try to get a room away from the elevator
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AmericanTraveler321
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Been staying with Tune Manila, but this time it is my first time to stay in Tune Makati.
I can say that the staffs are better here specially the FOs. My room is exactly the same room im expecting. I just don't like the Aircon unit making noise the whole length of my stay here. But all in all was a good stay. Plus the room service, food was great too and open 24 hours.

Room Tip: Check your aircon unit first
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank GaAbieras
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We have now more or less got used to the Tune Hotels formula of 'charged only for the basic room, everything else extra' formula. Fortunately, as we had booked through booking.com, in advance, online, the 'extras' like 'comfort kit' (basically a towel, a small soap and shampoo), wi fi and tv programmes were taken care of. If you book at the reception or through the hotel website, you will need to pay extra for these.

First the positives: the rooms, though small (some folks complain they are too small) are very clean, and the location is OK sort of. It does get a bit dodgy at night as the hotel entrance tends to get a tad dark and there are GROs (hookers) etc. hanging around the 'sports' restaurant located near to the entrance.

Once you have got over the 'everything extra' pricing formula, there are unfortunately a hole list of negatives with Tune Makati. Firstly, the Sports restaurant at the entrance is VERY expensive. I paid close to Php 1200 for dinner and about Php 750 for breakfast for two pax. -The staff there also seemed to care only one or two hand picked 'special' customers and we had to really fight for their attention at times. There are cheaper meal options listed at the hotel, both pasted on the counter and displayed in the room. However the cheap rates apply only if you buy the meal voucher at the reception before hand. This is not clearly indicated. We ended up going to the restaurant directly and paying a neat package for our meals. The wait staff refused to entertain us with out the vouchers. We did find some ladies of questionable repute sitting in the cafe but they did not bother us, so why comment?
- The 'Seat in Coach' tours offered at the reception are very expensive. The tours turned out to be private tours in a luxury car. We should have suspected, looking at the price, but the brochure clearly stated 'Seat in Coach tours'. Although it did work out to our advantage in the end, the 'seat in coach' mentioned on the brochure is rather misleading, to say the least.
- Taxi drop off from the hotel to the airport is a total rip off. When getting to the hotel, we took a 'coupon taxi' for Php 400 odd. Although they reception did inform us that the 'Europcar' counter in the lobby will charge too much and offered to call us a taxi, their taxi charged me Php 650 to Terminal 1. My companion was charged Php 750 the following day. That too by the ordinary white city taxi, which we understood are attached to the hotel.
- The wi fi code expires and has to be renewed on a daily basis.
- There is no telephone to call the reception and you need to go down whenever you need something.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank shankaronline
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We had a pleasant stay here in December 2012. The room was clean and a decent size. We didn't bother paying for aircon and in the first room we were given the fan didn't work but we were quickly moved to an alternative room. We paid for wifi which was good. The shower was the best we had had in weeks! It was reasonably central to places we wanted to go and we stored our luggage here for a few days (which we paid extra for) while we visited the rice terraces. A good option if you are travelling on a budget.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple