“A good chain hotel”

Ranked #17 of 82 Hotels in Makati
London
“A good chain hotel”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We had a pleasant stay here in December 2012. The room was clean and a decent size. We didn't bother paying for aircon and in the first room we were given the fan didn't work but we were quickly moved to an alternative room. We paid for wifi which was good. The shower was the best we had had in weeks! It was reasonably central to places we wanted to go and we stored our luggage here for a few days (which we paid extra for) while we visited the rice terraces. A good option if you are travelling on a budget.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SLM27

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed June 14, 2013

By far and away for a short term stay this hotel is hands down the best in its class and price.

rates change daily so book online for the best possible rate.

Rooms are smaller then the norm but what sets this hotel aside from other is you pay for what

you use ie.... so if you want wifi in your room extra cost on top of your basic room charge, if

you want t.v with cable again an added cost, aircon also an extra cost... so you can actually pic

what you want and don't want and save money

beds are awesome and super comfy however my only down side is if your staying long term

your back may not appreciate the softness of the mattress(pillows are super fluffy (soft)

showers simple with hot water.

At the bottom of this tune hotel there is a bar called "Team Insider Sports Bar" which is a great

place to have

a drink and use the free wifi..... they have an excellent happy hour here with all you can drink

local beer or draft beer daily from 5pm to 8pm for only 295p!!! awesome atmosphere with

sports on the big screens all day or you can request whatever sport you wish

(take note on Sundays at howzatt sports bar, 2blocks away 595p all you can eat/drink roast

lunch with all the fix-ens... roast lamb/pork/beef all yorkies gravies, salad bar/ soup veggies

etc!!! its a great deal for a backpacker or anyone that just wants a good full lunch with a few

beers)

Room Tip: try get room above first 3 floors and at back of the building... 800s like 813 to 818 are good
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Italy
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed here for 10 days last May and I'm satisfied with my choice. Well, it's a you-get-what-you-pay-for hotel. I had 3 different rooms (923,405,417) because I had to stay here in different dates so I think rooms have the same sizes. I loved the night view in room 923. What I liked about the room: comfy bed, simple but clean bathroom with bidet and hot water and the safety box. Wi-fi is okay but you have to pay for it daily. If you're going in Manila and you just need a room to sleep, well this hotel's okay for you. It is well-situated in Makati: easy to get a taxi and it's near Glorietta and Greenbelt (malls). You can get there in 10mins! If you're looking for nightlife, well P.Burgos St. (clubs,discos,etc.) is just across the street! After reading some reviews I should say that NOT ALL the staff is rude. There are some friendly, nice and helpful personel too so please don't generalize.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ardl_obey
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The rooms are very tiny but clean. The bed was comfy. The bed made up for some of the other shortcomings of the hotel. I had a very pleasant stay. The shower was adequate with a decent water pressure. The hotel staff for the most part was pleasant. The immediate surrounding areas was a little to be desired but I didn't feel threatened. PS, don't trust the laundry that is in the same driveway adjacent to the hotel, they lost some of my clothes and didn't press a shirt that I paid to have pressed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jay M
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed June 9, 2013

advantages:
1. The hotel is located near the airport.
2.In the hotel everything is computerized: key card, wall-mounted remote control air-conditioning, the button does not disturb button, fan, wifi in the room 3.In the lobby on the first floor there are full-fledged computers with free internet - very handy when you want to see a map of the city or check e-mail
4.chekaut of Hotel momentary - all well done computerize - give a card key to the Reception, the staff leans card to the reader, and if all the systems in a strand you say goodbye. The maid did not check.
5.In the 10-minute walk from the triangular park which is very pleasant to spend time in the evening
limitations:
1. There are the street's night life around which hanging contingent compulsively offering "massage"
2.Small area in rooms
3. breakfast in the adjoining restaurant. But it's not free, but at reduced prices - 199 pesos per person

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Konstantin111
Dasmarinas City, Philippines
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Location is good. Accessible thru jeepneys. Lots of good restaurants nearby. Area is not in the main red district of Makati. Check-in is easy, just present the e-voucher and a valid id then the counter attendant will give your key card. Room is small but clean. No enough space for luggage but perhaps branches in the Philippines are a bit spacious compared to their branches abroad. Other amenities are with extra charge. We did not pay extra for an A/C since ceiling fan is just ok with us. Though, I felt that A/C is still working at a low temp. because it is still cold inside. Shower is great. Good water pressure. The only thing negative was that, we did not avail of their Television facility. However, it opened automatically at about 3:00 in the morning. It woke us up. We tried to locate the remote to turn it off but we could not find it. Also, at about 7AM, the A/C automatically turned on. Perhaps the girl at the counter mistakenly loaded our key card with those credits. Check-out is fast. No question asked, just hand the key card and leave. Just as fast as that. By the way, I only paid P12.30 per night. Booked those nights during their promo period.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Prex5098
Singapore
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I have been to go hotel and they have a similar concept with Tune Hotels so I tried it on my visit to Manila for a change and have similar expectations of a low budget hotel. I was disappointed about the following:

1. Room - the interiors have paints already peeling off!
2. Bathroom - It has no shower door which meant that the water will be spilled if you shower, also quite tacky as well and the floorings, the hotel used substandard flooring materials so you can see the dirt on the tiles.

I got confused about the add-ons as I thought the package that I bought with wifi/aircon/towel is a one off addition and I realized it is valid for 24 hours only and you have to get another one should you run out. Go hotel has this all-inclusive package with add-ons only of toiletries and breakfast. It can be stressful thinking that your airconditioning might be gone in the middle of the night because you forgot to top-up! I have to double check if water is included! Plus fresh towels are already included in the room!

I stayed there for 3 nights and they never changed my linens. I know because the pillow that I was using has this stain(?) on it and it was the same pillow throughout my stay.

My bed was made but it was never really cleaned in a way that the dust particles inside were still there.

The rooms are also not soundproof and I was unfortunate to stay in the 4th floor that I got woken up early in the morning (around 3-4am) by the sound of people cheering loudly because there is a sportsbar downstairs and there must be some game on. So pick a higher floor if you have the chance.

In the end, the room was around 1350 plus add-ons so if you would like to spend a little bit more and not worry about your wifi/cable/aircon running out then maybe go for gohotel. It's also not perfect but at least the room fixtures are slightly better and you don't have to deal with all the added stress.

The good thing about this place is the location as it is near A Venue if you want to grab something to eat although taxi drivers don't know the area too well.

I know this is not a 5-star hotel but I value cleanliness, sleep quality and better value for money and it's not so much to ask!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo