“A pleasurable stay at Tune Hotel Makati” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Planet Makati, Manila

Red Planet Makati, Manila
Ranked #23 of 80 Hotels in Makati
Phitsanuloke
“A pleasurable stay at Tune Hotel Makati”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I had the opportunity to travel to the Philippines earlier this month. I had stayed at Tune Hotel Makati for 5 nights, due to the reasonable room rates and it's location, which is contributing to the attraction places in Manila and Makati commercial area.

My room up on the fourth floor has a soundproof, I guess, It's quiet. The room and toilet are clean, the bedsheet is changed every day. TV, free Wifi Internet in the room only available for 24 hours after that shall be paid for separately, however, the lobby has 3 computers for clients, a free WIFI internet is provided for half an hour at a time, after that you have to re-connect which is still free anyhow.

Moreover, the restaurant is located on the left side of the Hotel, just step out from the lobby you can find it, serving both foods and beverages, There are a lot of big screen TVs being broadcast sports NFL, Basketball etc., for guests to watch while dining.

The highlight of this hotel, other than the above mentioned, is that employees at all levels are being great hospitality services, which impress the other guests as well.

In conclusion, measure by room rates and location,The Tune Hotel Makati is very worthwhile. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel for any budget travellers who come to visit Manila

Room Tip: Higher floors has a good city view
1 Thank Supol R
frederick s, Manager at Red Planet Makati, Manila, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Supol R,

Greetings from Tune Hotel Makati!

Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments particularly on our service, the over-all quality of the hotel, and the delightful experience of staying with us.

The Team and I feel strongly rewarded when we hear that we have created a refreshing, memorable experience from people like you . Hope you will return to us soon.

Tune Hotel Makati

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
london, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The hotel itself is basic and I must agree that the beds are of very good quality and provides you a great sleep. Excellent service by the front desk and security detail.Made me feel welcome and safe. The 24 hour sports bar is okay in terms of food and drinks.

Building & Area Surrounds

The hotel is located in the lower portion of the red light district of Makati, known as the little Korean Quarter, expect what to expect in these areas...all you have to be is STREET SMART.

Sadly the taxis which hang out in front of the hotel are always there to try and make a fast buck, you must insist that the meter is used. I suggest walking over to Kalayaan Avenue and hail a cab.

Hotel Facilities

Lifts - 2 lifts for ten floors --adequate when hotel is not full ..problem when full
Staircases - Fire Escapes - no proper sign for fire exits, staircases not lit .
Entrance - Clean at times - designated smoking area had no ashtrays thus making the area around the entrance dirty.
Lobby - nice and clean ..Lovely staff
Housekeeping - Good standard ....staff should be advised not to be noisy when cleaning as other guests may still be in their rooms and can hear them
Security - Card Access after 18:00 to lifts, Guests logged in by security ...VERY SAFE

Room
Small and adequate...the Television is too big for such a small room, the bathroom is badly designed (shower area), water pressure very good, lacks a toilet brush. The air-conditioning is not very good and if you intend to stay in during the day , I would recommend that you get an extra key card (150 pesos deposit) and leave the air-con on the whole day.With temps of 30C it takes a while for the air-con to cope. Wi-fi is very good in the rooms or lobby areas. Fire evac plans should be placed in the sleeping area as it is easily missed in the door. TV menu should also be available.

OVERALL

I have been using these types of hotels in Europe and Tune Hotels have similar standards. There are all sorts of tourists which use the hotel and provides for interesting insights. I had a great stay if fact i booked twice first for 4 days then another for 6 days..It is decent and affordable ...but if you want luxury do not book here. All the other extras are a given ...if you want to save use your own towel shampoo etc...

I would recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the lower floors
1 Thank fjlimg
Dear fjlimg,

Greetings from Tune Hotel Makati!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our community. It is Great to hear that you have truly enjoyed your experience with us and that we created a refreshing and relaxing stay for you. We would also like to thank you for your constructive comments particularly on the taxi service outside of the hotel. Your business is important to us and by telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future.

We also appreciate the effort of recommending our brand and we hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Dubai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We arrived at the hotel early morning at 4am after a 11hr night bus from Banaue. We pre-booked the hotel on line and paid the early check in fee. As we arrived before 11am we were told we could only check into our room if we pay the room rate again (2 nights charge for one nights stay) or we return at 11am. We explained our situation and asked if the room was free now, they said yes but you cannot have it unless you pay the room rate again or return at 11am. We thought this was unfair and explained we didnt want to pay double for our room or walk around the local red light district for 7 hours. Particularly as the room was free. The staff on reception were quite rude and simply didn't care about our situation. We demanded to speak to the night manager and after 30 minutes of deliberation she decided to give us the room at no extra cost. We thought the situation could have been handled much more professionally. We have stayed at both Tune Hotels in the Philippines a few times and have learnt a few valuable things. Always book your additional items such as towel and air-con etc online as they cost more at the hotel. Check that your room receives the wifi connection before you check in as not all of them do. Don't get the taxis outside the hotel without making sure they are using the meters or you have a confirmed price before you get in. We had to demand that one taxi driver stop the car and let us out after he wanted to charge us 5 times the normal rate. Another simply refused to use he metre and sad he would give us a price when we go to our location. We refused to get in and got a taxi down the street. One more piece of advice. If you go the he bar/restaurant next door it's cheaper to pay direct for the breakfast than buy the vouchers from reception. They are a rip off. You get half the breakfast for 2/3 the cost.
Apart for that they're pretty good hotels and quite good value for money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank Brett12
frederick s, Manager at Red Planet Makati, Manila, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Brett12,

Greetings from Tune Hotel Makati! I would like to thank you for taking the time in giving us a very good review of our services. Your business is important to us and we value your feedback as we focus on continuously improve our services for you and for all our guests in the future.

We would also like to apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced during the check-in process. We understand that you have arranged an early check-in request prior to the date of your arrival. However, we would like to inform you that the early check-in time of 11 AM is clearly indicated in your voucher upon confirmation of your booking and the use of room prior to the standard check-in time is considered as another night stay especially if the request is as early as 4 AM. This is a standard practice in all hotels to still accommodate late arrival of guests.

We would also like to thank you for pointing out the problem with the metro manila taxi operators. The hotel is giving out taxi reference slip for guests who requested a metered taxi. This is to provide guests with the details of the unscrupulous taxi drivers and to contact the hotel to report such unwanted incidences.

Again, our apologies and we hope that this experience will not deter you from choosing to stay with us again. We wish you a pleasant week ahead.

Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Two things I have to emphasize about this budget hotel: the bed was very very comfortable, and the wi-fi connection was fast. The water pressure for the shower was also very good and there was hot water. I didn't expect the conditioning shampoo and the soap in the care packet because based on previous reviews, it was just a towel. They were welcome additions, and the conditioning shampoo was of good quality -- it actually made my hair soft. There was also good cable TV.

However, it also has some bad points. There was a tendency for the water in the shower to overflow, so there was no opportunity to really enjoy the shower...which is probably a good thing, not to waste water. The electric fan in my room (801) could not be turned off, I think there was a problem with the dial, but it was okay for me. Finally, the double room may be small for two people (which it is intended to house in the first place), but it was comfortable for me.

Room Tip: Although people have said that you really can't hear outside noise inside your room, ask for a r...
2 Thank mayfsi
Dear Mayfsi,

Greetings from Tune Hotel Makati!

Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments particularly on the quality of our hotel. It is Great to hear that you have truly enjoyed your experience with us.

We would also like to apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with our shower room and the ceiling fan switch. We take your feedback to heart as we continuously improve our services for you and for all our guests in the future.

New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

tune hotel looks pretty swanky from outside as well as inside...its painted red and white allover. we booked through hotels.com and didnt have any problem.

location : about 8 kms from airport. though traffic jams may make it seem quite farther. we took a white taxi that charged 300 pesos after much haggling.
eateries like mcdonalds and jollibee nearby. lots of shops selling clothes and trinkets nearby. burgos street (night life) around the corner. ayala and glorietta shopping centre within half an hour walk.
nearest MRT station is buendia.
best part the hotel is located in makati, best part of manila.

room: tiny...i mean veryyy small. just a double bed with air con and tv n safe. no closet. no space to move around. though clean and tidy.

bathroom: bigger wrt room. clean and new. hair dryer. our towels were not changed daily. and we got toiletries for two days even when we stayed for 3 days.

staff: sweet and polite

i have always stayed in nicer hotels and this was my first time in a budget hotel as we were on a tight budget. though i would say the experience was pretty good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank doctraveller11
Dear Doctraveller11,

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is the first time I've ever written such a negative review of a hotel and the first time I've ever done so without having even set foot in the hotel. Let me explain ...

I have only recently discovered the Tune Hotel's concept. I watched their promotional video online and read about their concept so I appreciate it is a 'limited service' concept, however I didn't think that applied to their customer service. I also read part of their concept is to 'book early for the best rates'. I thought I did just that. To my surprise about 5 days after booking I discovered that their rates had decreased. I emailed the hotel via their 'contact us' section on their website but they never replied. Over the next 10 days as the rates continuedto decrease, I emailed three times and phones once; all of my corrispondence has been ignored.

If I do stay at the hotel, I am concerned at what type of welcome and hospitality I will receive.If they can't be bothered to acknowledge corrispodnence, will they even be bothered to say hello?

Regardless of the hotel concept, I think ignoring corrispondence from a guest is nothing short of rude.

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank ionlyflyfirst
Dear Humshee,

Greetings from Tune Hotel Makati! On behalf of the whole team, we would like to thank you for giving us your feedback. Your business is important to us and we value your feedback as we continuously improve our services for you and for all our guests in the future.

We would also like to apologize for the dissatisfaction you have experienced with our rates system. We are managing a dynamic rate management system wherein the rates that are being displayed online depends on the daily demand and occupancy. I would also like to apologize on behalf of the hotel for not responding to your inquiries. This is a rare and an isolated incident as proven by the reviews we have received and we assure you that this would never happen again. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and the quality of its product. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas particularly our service.

Tune Hotel Makati

Travelers are raving about these Makati hotels

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

On previous trips to Manila I have always stayed in the five stars like the peninsula, or New world, but having started my own business i need to keep my costs down.

I was very pleasantly surprised at the Tune hotel Makati and have stayed there on three separate occasions.

I have found the staff to be helpful, charming and will do anything to assist.

Rooms are on the small size, but beds really comfy.

My only comment - the Aircon is just Soooooo Loud when the thermostat switches on to keep the room at a constant temperature. It is one of the box shaped air conditioners and apparently they are all like this.

Its such a shame, because otherwise the hotel is great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank jamie2226
frederick s, Manager at Red Planet Makati, Manila, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Jamie2226,

Greetings from Tune Hotel Makati! On behalf of the whole team, we would like to thank you for giving us a very good review of our services and of the hotel in general. Your business is important to us and we value your feedback as we continuously improve our services for you and for all our guests in the future.

We would also like to apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with the AC. This is a rare and an isolated incident as proven by the reviews we have received and we assure you that this would never happen again. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and the quality of its product. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas particularly our service.