“Clean and affordable...”

Ranked #20 of 82 Hotels in Makati
Greater London, United Kingdom
“Clean and affordable...”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

This a new apartment/hotel to me and was starting to get a little concerned when I was traveling to it from Nasugbu. In the old part of Makati which can be a little depressing. No need for the concern though. All very modern and fresh :D

Staff very attentive and friendly even when I lost my cool over the toilet not flushing - half an hour before any action was taken :( But was all fixed on my return.

Location perfect for the business traveler although can be a little difficult to hail a taxi at times. For the vacation traveler could be a little out of the way, but if you like walking - which I do - everything is half an hour away - you don't want to walk to fast in the heat of Makati :D

Breakfast was included in our stay - was very good - buffet selection was ok just not to my liking. Both hot and cold available. Unfortunately the hot food wasn't covered so I avoided it like the plague - past experience with uncovered buffet hot food in the Philippines ruined a previous trip. Having said that my wife loved it. My biggest gripe with it was there was no natural yogurt or croissant. The fresh fruit selection was limited.

All rooms electricity is control by one of those door card holders, so the room can get rather hot while you are out. We had two cards so when we went out for a couple of hours we left one card in the holder. We didn't do that when we went out for the day - the air-con is very effective so it does take that long for the room to get down to a reasonable temperature.

WI-FI was effective enough for me - when on holiday I don't use it that much anyway.

Check out day was a tad disconcerting - no wi-fi from 6am! Went to have final breakfast with a friend only to find on my return that I couldn't access the room - a premature lockout :( All sort with a visit to the desk.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Eduard T, Front Office Manager at One Pacific Place Serviced Residences, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear MrCool_2008,

We truly appreciate the feedback that you have shared here. Every detail counts and we strive to provide the best experience to all our guests.

Please allow me to apologize on behalf of the team for the less satisfactory points that you had mentioned particularly to the irregular internet connection at the time.

I also want to thank you for your prompt response to my personal email, the facts you had given me helped a lot in my investigation regarding your feedback.

Again, I thank you for letting me know about your stay and I look forward to welcome you back in the hotel in the near future.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Staying in January, staff were great, rooms were clean, all amenities on sight for your convenience (gym, pool etc)
Breakfast included daily and we were even upgraded when we stayed for the second time.
Very close to the huge shopping centre in Makati and because it is more of the business district then no trouble and very peaceful on a weekend.

Only issue i had was with payment, i booked through asia rooms and randomly months after booking the full payment was taken out of my account even though my paperwork specified on arrival.
This was cleared up.
Then when we checked in for the second time for our overnight stay before leaving we were charged 4 times but different amount.
I showed the staff my bank statement but they tried to say it wasn't them although it clearly said their hotel.
After about two weeks the funds did not go through and all was cleared up.
I am sure not all experience this but still a pain and slightly off putting.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear charlieb901,

Thank you for sharing your experience and the challenges that you have encountered during your stay here at One Pacific Place Serviced Residences.

We are grateful that you appreciate our services, facilities as well as our location.

It is of extreme importance to us to address your concern regarding the credit card transactions that you stipulated. I immediately conducted an investigation and discussed each detail to the personal email that I sent you.

Again thank you very much for bringing this concern to our attention and I hope my explanation aids both of us to clarify this matter and clear the confusion concerning the multiple credit card transactions.

Please do not hesitate to email me if there is anything else that I could do to assist you concerning this matter.

We are looking forward on your next visit here at One Pacific Place Serviced Residences!

Silang, Philippines
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Friendly staff, clean rooms, and nice, safe pool. The 2 bedroom suite is big and can fit 6 people. will stay again, first time stay with family (husband and 4 kids)...will stay again. the housekeeping is very polite and the front desk are very attentive...

Room Tip: get a 2 bedroom suite ...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear 406MangoM,

Thank you for giving us a very positive review. I am happy to know that you together with your family had a most pleasant stay, and make sure to pass on your encouraging comments to the team. I hope to find you back here in One Pacific Place Serviced Residences in your next visit.

Thailand
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Booked into One Pacific Place as had a business meeting and the Guy I was meeting was staying there.
Initial Check in was fine, pretty straight forward and simple, they wanted a 2000 Pesos deposit for consumables, also not a problem (Did this with Visa Card)
As the name suggests (Serviced Residences) The room has its own kitchen sink, cutlery and a few bowls and things, have to say it is VERY basic though.
Bed is fine and reasonably comfy, it is a small room and has the small through the wall American type air conditioning Unit, Hmmm would like to say this worked and performed fine but - - - - - it must have been Chinese sourced as the remote control was completely in Chinese !!! It did not even have pictures so you could hazard an educated Guess as to what button did what!! Got to say this really peeved me somewhat, as after trying all the buttons just could not get cold air to blow or adjust fan speed, so I call housekeeping and main desk and requested someone to come to the room to show me how this worked - - - - - 2 hours later and even after a further call no one appeared !!! somehow during this time I got it to blow cold air, so just left it alone, because fan speed was so slow it took a few hours to get the room down to temperature - - - - -
TV was flat screen and fine, decent English Channel line-up
o order room service I first had to call for a Menu; it was only one laminated card, so wonder why they don’t have them in the rooms already??
The Hotel Manual was very poor, did not explain where Restaurant/Pool/anything was - - - - -
Bathroom was small but ok, all in all these rooms are pretty tired now
Next Day arrived back in Room and Aircon had been meddled with, Hmmmmm Called front Desk and Housekeeping yet again !!! No one came at any point thereafter !!! As before after some considerable fiddling with the remote got it to softly blow cold air so left it alone !!!!!
Would not stay here again as think it is overpriced for what it is, but mainly for the lack of service, I really don’t expect a lot, but to be ignored twice because of having a Chines remote that is just totally unreadable is not acceptable

Room Tip: Nothing Good to add here
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Eduard T, Front Office Manager at One Pacific Place Serviced Residences, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear philctay,

Thank you for sharing the challenges you experienced during your recent visit with us at One Pacific Place Serviced Residences and please accept our sincere apologies for the unfortunate incident in the service which we are investigating and addressing with our team.

Kindly be assured that your comments are important to us and it is always good to know what we can improve on as we continue to improve our services and facilities.

Should you wish to discuss the details of your stay, please feel free to reach me at 632 304 7777 or email etatel@onepacificplaceresidences.com . Thank you once again and we hope that you allow us to host you on your next visit to Manila and provide you with our brand of hospitality that you have come to expect.

Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff. Clean rooms and a cool pool. They have a pool for the kids which is great for family. Been here twice and wont hesitate to come back again. The 2 bedroom rooms were big and you can also cook. We had a great time here.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tabitha D
Dear Tabitha D,

We are glad to hear that your family enjoyed your staycation at One Pacific Place Serviced Residences and everyone had a great time. Thank you for spending the time to review our services and we look forward on your next visit.

Makati, Philippines
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Friendly,helpful staff,great location,modern & stylish decor.We will stay again and would not hesitate in recommending. Also the receptionist was extremely helpful and friendly. Do not know her name, she was young with long dark hair.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear AkosiDarren,

We are delighted to have hosted your stay in Manila at One Pacific Place Serviced Residences and know that you had a great time with us. We have shared your kind-hearted comments with our team, specifically to our front office department. We look forward on your next visit!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Very friendly and efficient staff,the room was very clean and bathroom spacious ,has complimentary water with tea and coffee facilities and also shampoo, soap etc.It has a big flat screen TV well positioned but channels a little hazey, not sure if the aircon was working to full capacity as it felt a little warm in the room ,room equipped with a safe deposit box which was handy, The bed was very big and very comfortable, the hotel has a pool and gym on the 6th floor looked ok but did'nt use because shortage of time .The buffet breakfast was very good with a wide choice and nothing run out and no waiting.
Position wise about 15 min by taxi to the malls around 70 pesos and they are happy to get you a Taxi out the front ,also to the airport was around 300 pesos and depending on traffic around 25min . There is a great spa in the street directly opposite the entrance of One Pacific about 300 m on the right and priced around 400p upwards ,and a nail and hair salon directly opposite the spa which is quite cheap ,they are both very professional.One good thing about this hotel is you need your card to swipe the elevator and can only get off on your floor which is good for security, wifi is also good overall a very nice hotel .

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Eduard T, Front Office Manager at One Pacific Place Serviced Residences, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Aquaboy666,

Thank you for your very detailed review and compliments on your recent stay with us. It gives me great pleasure to know that our team's professional and warm service highlighted your One Pacific Place Serviced Residences experience.

Should you be planning your next visit here in the Philippines, please do not hesitate to drop me an email at etatel@onepacificplaceresidences.com so I can do the arrangements for you.

Our team look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.