“Great stay, but reservation process needs improvement”

Ranked #21 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Apartment: We (3 adults + 1 child) have stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment on the 37th floor. The apartment has 2 bathrooms and was clean and well furnished.
Front office staff: Very friendly and helpful. I had already paid for the first night through my credit card, but upon my arrival my credit card was blocked due to a credit card fraud and they have been very patient until I could sort this out with my credit card company in Germany which took some time.
Breakfast buffet: Nothing extraordinary, but enough choices for everyone's taste including an egg station.
Location: 20-30 minutes walk to Greenbelt, where all the shopping malls and restaurants are located. But a taxi from/to the hotel will only cost you PHP 70 - 80.
Reservation/Pricing: My only point of criticism. Their website doesn't have any facility to amend/cancel a booking and you will have to write them an e-mail. Initially I had booked for 4 nights, but then I wanted to add another night and found out that the rate/night has dropped; so the cost for 5 nights was then equal to the costs for the 4 nights I had already booked. I dropped them an e-mail to amend the booking accordingly asking them to give me basically the 5th night free. It took several reminders until I received an answer during which time the rate/night went up again. E-mails went forth and back, but they finally agreed on my proposal to offer free breakfast for my other 2 family members (room rate does only include breakfast for 2).

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank hoffmannralf
Eduard T, Front Office Manager at One Pacific Place Serviced Residences, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear hoffmannralf,

Thank you for your very detailed review with regards to your recent stay with us. I’m happy to hear that our front office team provided excellent service and was able to assist you with the problem that you encountered with your credit card.

For your concern regarding our reservation process, we apologize for the inconvenience and are also very thankful for bringing this to our attention since it is indeed a very valid concern that we can use to further improve our reservation system.

All the departments involved have been briefed already regarding this matter as to avoid any similar incidents in the future. If I can ever be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at etatel@onepacificplaceresidences.com

Again, thank you very much and please visit us again here at One Pacific Place Serviced Residences!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 8, 2014

The best thing about the hotel is the staff, very friendly and welcoming. The pool is nice, great chill out area around it. The gym is adequate, but I find Manila too hot to move really. The breakfast is ok, it takes some time to get use to coming from the West, I would recommend pancakes or an omelet every day which you can order, or fruit, unless you like things like Chicken Satay for breakfast. The rooms are pretty basic, but clean and as expected for the price. My only complaint would be the halls echo some much noise around, no carpets, so if you have loud neighbors who like to shout talk constantly in the hall, like I did, it can get quite annoying. The location is good for the RCBC, if it is work related stay this is ideal, but only costs about 70 peso (£1) to get to Green Belt, the main shopping/eating area. One more thing, the spa downstairs is great.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear ccgorman,

Thank you for sharing to Trip advisor community your recent experiences here at One Pacific Place Serviced Residences. Our team works very hard to provide all of our guests with the kind of hospitality experience you encountered.

With regards to your concerns please be ensure that the management is actively working on those matters to improve our facilities and services as our commitment to provide a delightful stay to our valued guests like you.

We are looking forward for your next visit and hopefully it will be soon!

Regards,

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We were only in Manila for one night so decided to book a room in Makati. The room rate fitted our budget but not our expectations. We have travelled in Asia for business and pleasure for over 10 years now and usually book hotels after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor.
Upon arriving we were pleasantly surprised with the great looking lobby and the friendly faces of staff. Check in was quick and painless. The room was of an average size and th bed was firm but bearable. The bathroom needed a good scrubb with bleach as mould could be seen in the grouting. We made a call to housekeeping for a power adapter and was told they would call us back. We waited but no call came so we went to sleep. Throughout the night we heard noises from people in the hotel hallway making their way to their rooms.
We had an early flight so got up at 5:30am and were rudely awakened by cold showers. For the price we were paying I would have expected at least a hot shower. We then raced down to breakfast. We only wanted a quick one as we were on a time schedule. The toaster only toasted two slices of toast at once and the top element was not working so there was a line and we never got to toast our bread.
We did not enjoy our stay and most probably would not be back. The hotel may look nice on entering but it all falls apart once you exit the elevator. They surely must know they have a hot water problem. It seemed to be that the hotel was trying so hard to look like a hotel that it has forgotten about the most important things that people look for in a hotel- a clean room and hot shower.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tjstorck
Eduard T, Front Office Manager at One Pacific Place Serviced Residences, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear tjstorck,

Thank you for staying with us recently. The unfortunate experiences you highlighted are certainly not up to One Pacific Place Serviced Residences normal high standards.

Please accept our sincerest and deepest apologies for all the inconvenience you have been caused and rest assured that remedial steps will be taken to all concern departments in order to prevent occurrence of the same incidents in the future.

We hope you can give us a chance to redress your recent experience as we are eager to give you better service.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and please contact me at etatel@onepacificplaceresidences.com if I could be of further assistance.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

In Jan-14, I visited Manila on a business trip and my stay was booked in "One Pacific Place" in Makati, Metro Manila.
Rooms in the hotel are decent and also those amenities provided in the room are of good quality. They have taken care of even minute needs of the guest and overall service is also very decent.
But the most important is it's location in Makati. There is huge traffic problem in Makati area during office time but from this hotel, major business buildings are at walkable distance and shopping malls are also not too far.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Anand_Ghaziabad
Eduard T, Front Office Manager at One Pacific Place Serviced Residences, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear Anand_Ghaziabad

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay and for giving us a good rating. The entire team were pleased to know that you enjoyed your experience and you felt comfortable throughout your stay.

Please come back and see us again. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back here at One Pacific Place Serviced Residences.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

I have been stayed in One Pacific Place for several month, almost regarding it as part of my home. With its perfect location, everything is in reach, I was able to go to Manila CBD center such as PBCOM tower by 5 minutes walking, Greenbelt shopping center by 15 minutes walking and so on. Within in the hotel, the amenities including gym and swimming pool are out there for you and the in-house restaurant serves all delicious food from morning to evening. Last but not least, the beautiful girls working so hard in the front desk though, they heartily welcome the guests with sweet smiles in every minutes . So my working here and living here were really a memorable something to experience the Manila.

Room Tip: higher floors are quiet
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sunny2003rd
Eduard T, Front Office Manager at One Pacific Place Serviced Residences, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Dear sunny2013rd,

Thank you for the time you have taken to write such a wonderful review about our Hotel, its facilities and overall location. We are very proud to read that we are your first choice of Hotel when in Makati.

It has been always our pleasure to provide memorable experiences to all our valued clients and we are very delighted that you have experienced that during several months of your stay with us.

On behalf of the entire team, we look forward to welcoming you back here at One Pacific Place Serviced Residences.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We arrived early and had our names registered. Though we were informed that there is no available room for us even if we made a reservation a month before, the receptionist gladly upgraded our room with no additional charges at all. Which was good for us but I wonder if that always happens, no rooms available even if the customers paid and made reservations in advance?
Anyway our room was wonderful. It was a corner room to say the least. Best part was the place was clean. Spotless bedcovers, bath towels which was delivered later. Wifi signal is ok. Huge bathroom also, although the water in the shower is not drained completely it could be improved to just angle the floor a little to slide down the drain. My boyfriend wanted to cook and the staff helpfully provided us with some more kitchen utensils. Breakfast was good, staff was very attentive, left my plate to get some more food when i come back it's gone lol.
All in all i would love to come back here or just live as a resident here.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DD0102
Eduard T, Front Office Manager at One Pacific Place Serviced Residences, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Dear DD0102

Thank you for sharing your review in the Trip Advisor!

We are pleased to know that you are delighted with your recent stay. Your comments will be shared with our entire team as our motivation to continue our efforts in making One Pacific Place Serviced Residences a leader in service excellence.

Regarding your observation on your complimentary room upgrade; it really happens sometimes that we need to address urgent preventive maintenance measures in our rooms to ensure that it is finest condition for our valued guests and at times causes us room unavailability on a certain category. However like what you have mentioned the hotel always guarantee that in any event like that our clients will get the higher value of more than what they have paid for by doing room upgrade and ensure their satisfaction.

We look forward to your return visit here at One Pacific Place Serviced Residences which hopefully will be soon!

Regards,

Reviewed January 6, 2014

A convenient location in the center of the busienss district and considerably cheaper than the large hotel chains. I stayed for a week before Christmas whilst working in Makati.

On arrival the front desk staff were very helpful considering I had made a mistake in my booking that resolved the problem quickly. I found the same with all the staff well trained and efficient, i had issues with the safe in our room which i reported and it was fixed very quickly. Even security helping my wife with the large amount of shopping she had done.

Somene before had mentioned about the smell in some of the rooms, to me this is people smoking in the rooms, I really do not like smoking and I can tell if someone had been previously smoking in the room which they had, large amounts of airfreshiner helps.

The rooms are nice a spacious with good facilities, TV in both living room and bedroom was good with many channels and wifi strong.

Sorry to say that the breakfast was not to my liking, whilst most of it does cater more for the local taste there is not really much for anyone who looks after their health, some small fruit but nothing else mostly all unhealthy. Even though I had a free breakfast i ended up making my own after the first 2 days.

All in its good value for money with good helpful staff

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank RSTE1234
Eduard T, Front Office Manager at One Pacific Place Serviced Residences, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear RSTE 1234,

Thank you for your wonderful and very detailed review about the hotel. We truly appreciate the time you have taken to commend our team, the product we offer and the customer service that we are known for here at One Pacific Place Serviced Residences. I have passed on your comments to all our associates. We also thank you for recommending us to the trip advisor community.

With regards to your concern about our breakfast we sincerely apologized that it was not suitable to your preference. We are now on the process of reviewing our menu to satisfy the diversity of our clients and provide more healthy selections.

On behalf of the management and team, we look forward in welcoming you back here at One Pacific Place Serviced Residences.

Warm Regards,