“Surprised!”

Ranked #356 of 1,415 Restaurants in Makati
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Restaurant is listed on a Philippine review site that is popular http://www.munchpunch.com/7437/wingman-the-collective/menu
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Thank you Tripadvisor! Without you we would NEVER have gone to this restaurant: It is out of the way, not in a great neighborhood (not bad, but . . .. ) and very so-so looking inside (poor decor: cracked seats, chipped paint, HORRIBLE toilet). But never mind. The wings were great. and I am not a wings or ribs person - AT ALL. Good prices too.

If you are not familiar with the location, I would suggest bringing your cell phone, calling Wings, and have them talk to the taxi driver. If you are crazy enough to drive in Manila, you get what you deserve.

There are newer reviews for Wingman

Reviewed November 17, 2013

tried their hickory barbeque & Classic Buffalo wings. The hot classic buffalo wings were delicious.

Location is crappy though. Parking is very limited. The Makati city street on which it is located is riddled with 'No Parking' signs. The restroom which is shared with other establishments is not clean.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I suggest you stop reading reviews on this place and just go. ;)

But if you really have to read, here's my two cents...

I keep on coming back to Wingman because...

1) Wings
Freaking amazing. Skin crunchiness just right, meat nice and juicy. My favorite is the "pinaka" (the spiciest) original flavor. Not at all for the faint of tongue. If you love your spice though, there no other way to go. Even my Malaysian friends who know what spicy is struggled with "pinaka" I love the Blue Cheese sauce too.

If you want to explore the other flavors, you can always order a mix set of chicken.

Have it with a beer and you're set.

2) Beer (with the wings)
Their international beer selection ain't bad either. I get kronenbourg1664, Corona, or Hogaarden. They also have San Miguel from the tap.

3) Wingman Burger
Nuff said. Just try it.

4) Location
Its part of the Collective where you'll find a group of interesting stores for bike and toy hobbyists, more interesting restos, art galleries, costumes, etc. I love this little "hidden" spot (not so hidden anymore ever since it started gaining popularity).

5) When to go.
I like going on Sundays when its Irie Sunday. The collective turns into your Sunday night mecca for Reggae music and dancing. Beautiful crowd too.

6) Note on ambience
Very casual. Its the kind of place where you can be in slippers...

2  Thank Glittersmoke
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

As most the reviews have said, the food was good in comparisn to whatelse has been on offer. The Asain salad was lovely and wholesome but maybe didn't need so much dressing.

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner came here in September after reading the good reviews on here, and we are so so glad we did! After being in Asia for 4 weeks we were starting to crave some really hearty western food. OMG did this deliver. The wings with signature sauce,amazing. The pulled pork tacos were so tasty. We had sliders too, all 3 flavours were amazing and the burgers so juicy. Best burgers we have EVER had. The shoestring fries with garlic and parmesan on were addictive. The beer selection awesome and you can get a pitcher. The price extremely reasonable for the quality and taste you get in return. After leaving Manila to go to Palawan we had one night on the way back before our flight out - we made sure we came back and everything was just as amazing the second time round. Go, you won't regret it. Writing this review has made me crave Wingman's again! Go now!

2  Thank Manjars