“City Garden is our home in Makati City”

Ranked #16 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The staff and service is Five Star in every respect. We had a wonderful 9 day stay and returned for a couple more days on our way back thru Manila. Breakfast buffet was fabulous!!! Open air restaurant on 22nd floor next to pool had a spectacular city light view. Best place in town to enjoy a drink and watch the sunset.
Building is aged, but rooms are clean and well maintained. We plan to return again every time we visit Manila. I was warned by a travel agent that the hotel is located close to a "red light" district, there are a few bars on the next street over, but it was not an issue for us. We enjoyed a romantic and safe holiday together and enjoyed the ample shopping and restaurants nearby at the Greenbelt Mall and others. Highly recommend City Garden!
Did I mention how delicious the breakfast buffet was...each day different local dishes as well as omelets made to order. Splendid way to start the day....we skipped lunch most days. LOL

Room Tip: Pay a little more for the Superior rooms with view....well worth it!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Douglas E
CGHGM, General Manager at City Garden Hotel Makati, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate you taking time and giving us wonderful feedback during your recent stay in our Hotel. It's always good to hear from guests for us to know what we have done well and what we need improve on. Rest assure that we will continue to improve on our services and facilities.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

this is my first time to stay here in this hotel and i must say, its a great experience and i am welcomed by the staffs from the reception the moment they saw me approaching them. the food was great indeed, but as i noticed, the wifi connection is slow. however, my stay was very very good and i hope to come back with my relatives in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
CGHGM, General Manager at City Garden Hotel Makati, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay in our Hotel. I'm glad to know that you were satisfied with the services and facilities we provided you. Regarding WIFI, upgrading our system is still ongoing and we expect this to be completed soon. Rest assure that we will always look at improving the services we provide our valued guests.

We also look forward to your visit in the near future.

Johnny G. RIos

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have stayed here many times and I always recommend to my friends. Great price and close to mostly everything in Makati. I would recommend every traveller to keep any online documentation and receipts in hard copy when travelling in the philippines. You may encounter a stitch up at any time anywhere. I nearly had an extra night added to my bill for a some booking confusion here that really shouldn't have been an issue, but as I say beware of this when travelling in the Philippines. The best advice is to pay in cash when checking out and never pay by credit card, never leave your details and make sure you double check the invoice. Other than that this is a good hotel and well worth staying, but always be diligent when traveling !!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for nonsmoking, deluxe for around 100 aud.
7  Thank Matt S
CGHGM, General Manager at City Garden Hotel Makati, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the feedback you provided us for your recent stay in our Hotel. It's always good to hear from guests for us to know where we have done well and where we need improve on. I agree that it is always best to keep a back up just in case something happens with the communication which may cause some inconveniences. Good thing this was resolved. Should you wish to give me more details you may email us at makati@citygardenhotels.com.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have stayed here previously and been pleased with the hotel so booked 9 nights now. I booked a superior room using a hotel booking website. I arrived in the evening and checked in and was delighted to be placed high up on the penthouse floor. Wow! However my room was small although well-equipped and I went to sleep as I had been tired out travelling.
When I awoke in the morning it was still dark - at least in my room because no daylight penetrated my room due to a skyskraper located immediately outside my window. My room felt like a dungeon! No daylight! And definitely no view. I insisted on being moved to a room with daylight and a view and was relocated after 2 nights in the "penthouse"!! My new room was perfect just as I had experienced on previous visits.
However the hotel operates with wrong descriptions of rooms. I was told that standard and superior were exactly the same. I suggested that superior meant better than and inferred a better room than standard. The hotel told me that superior rooms were all internal rooms with no daylight but this is not shown when booking and hardly matches the description superior!. My conclusion is: CHECK THAT YOU BOOK AND GET A ROOM WITH DAYLIGHT

Room Tip: make sure you get a room with daylight and a view so book a room high up and facing Makati Avenue
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank vikingdave100

Dear Guest,

We again appreciate the time you took to share with us your feedback during your recent stay in our Hotel. We have noted you comment about the way we have have named our rooms and we will look into this and discuss with those concerned. With regard to the rooms with no view, we have on our own website indicated such but there maybe some resellers who may have missed this out. At any rate we will check and see the possible cause of such.

As usual your valuable comments will be shared with the rest of the Team.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel on and off for the past 6 years. I love the place and I love the location just a short walk from The GreenBelt Shopping and Restaurants Areas. Step across the road and you are straight into the arms of my favourite little restaurant, `Shakeys`.

The hotel is 3 star but the Reception Staff and Service deserve a higher rating. Breakfast is mainly Filipino Style but they will cook omelettes and stuff freshly for you at the corner service area so you can design your own breakfast. Good quality hot food and a nice selction of cold stuff with cereals.

Try to avoid the cheaper `Inside Rooms` which don`t have a window. It is worth paying a little extra for an outside view and the inside rooms can feel a little claustophobic. Upgrade to an Executive Room is worthwhile.

My rooms have always been spotlessly cleaned to a high standard. I love the little swimming pool high up on the rooftop and they have a nice restaurant bar on the roof with quite spectacular views over Manila. Not for people who dont like heights as the `fencing` is see through!

This maybe a 3 Star Hotel but is deserving of further recognition. I definetely recommend but make sure you ask for a larger room if you are a family.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank davidwL5102WH
CGHGM, General Manager at City Garden Hotel Makati, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate the wonderful feedback you have gaven us during your recent stay in our Hotel. It's always good to hear from guests for us to know where we have done well and where we need improve on. Rest assure that we will always look for ways in order for us to improve on our services to our guests.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was my first trip to Philippines and decided to stay in Makati. The hotel is in excellent location and was please to stay in this hotel for the price that was offered.The room are bit small but I was single and suited me fine. The reception I received was good and very helpful staff.
From other review I was afraid about lifts but they worked fine only at times bit slow.
Internet was non Existence in room but in lobby it was fine.Breakfast was average but offered basic needs, Watch out for bread at breakfast it is very sweet as I was diabetic I could not
Eat.They provided bread roll next day which was good for me.
hotel offered,better,exchange Rate than money changer .Always take taxi from outside, better value than hotel prices.Air con worked perfectly. Due to heavy rain hotel provided umbrella and went out of way to assist.Spa facilities are,limited .Your are very close to night life.
It is safe to go out at night, I did not feel threaten at any time.Tip well for receive you received.

Room Tip: For sols traveller you will always get room facing inward with no view. if you prefer view than upg...
3  Thank FLASH88
CGHGM, General Manager at City Garden Hotel Makati, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

We truly appreciate the feedback you gave us during your recent stay in our Hotel. It's always good to hear from guests for us to know where we have done well and where we need improve on. We took note of your comments about the breakfast breads, Spa Services and WIFI. We should be able to address the breakfast issue easily but the WIFI will still take some time though the upgrade is already underway. As for the Spa, we will see what can be done as they are a partner who just provide the services for our guests. For sure your comments will be able to help us improve. Your valuable comments will be shared with the rest of the Team.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights! All I can say was "wow"! They all made my vacation in the Philippines a memorable one! The staffs at the Front Desk were all very helpful and well trained. The breakfast was so great! I love everything in this hotel. I will surely booked again in this hotel for my second vacation! Thank you very much City Garden Hotel!

Room Tip: Room P7 was great!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Matthew S

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the feedback you have given us for your recent stay in our Hotel. It's definitely good to hear from guests for us to know where we have done well and where we need improve on. Rest assure that we will strive to further improve our services to our guests. Your valuable comments will be shared with the rest of the Team.