“Excellent Service”

Ranked #15 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed August 13, 2013

it''s a good choice for a budget-minded traveler. All staff are very accommodating with a warm welcome smile. Specially serving cold towel and welcome drinks for my refreshment. I like the most is the room its so very clean.Foods are so great and delicious. also the business center helps a lot for urgent booking flights. lastly what can I say is they have passion for hospitality.

Room Tip: Executive Deluxe is a good choice with a nice view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Anjali N
CGHGM, General Manager at City Garden Hotel Makati, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate the wonderful feedback you gave us during your recent stay in our Hotel. It's always good to hear from guests for us to know where we have done well and where we need improve on.

Your valuable comments will also be shared with the rest of the Team.

We look forward to your next visit in the near future.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Getting a cheap rate was the reason for me to stay there. For that rate I can't complain about anything.

However, the lift situation is really bad. The breakfast didn't bother me much, I need coffee in the morning and that's about it.

WiFi was pretty useless, however I read a post earlier that they are working on it.

Staff was friendly, but I am not a big complainer anyway, I check in , sleep, check out. and if there is nothing horribly wrong, I am easy going.

All together an experience I would rate good but that is not existing in tripadvisor, and it was not very good, so I can only give 3 points.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Steffen G

Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate the feedback you gave us during your recent stay in our Hotel. It's always good to hear from guests for us to know where we have done well and where we need improve on. With regard to your comment on the lifts we are instituting some changes in the way our Associates use these and hopefully that would improve the experience. With regard to WIFI, yes we are already working on this. Work has started but we still have a long way to go. But definitely there would be a significant improvement once we have completed the project..

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We were glad that the hotel have accommodated us despite all hassles of pre authorization from online booking.
The charge was the same though the poster outside had and advert of 1400 pesos per night stay.
We have requested for a smoking room and they said its available , to my surprise we were led to a non smoking floor!!!
Room is very tiny but well kept and well stacked.
Breakfast is ok for a Filipino guest.
Only 2 lifts for over 20 floors. Be prepared for a long wait if you stay in this hotels.
Overall, one can find much better hotels nearby.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Alangilan P

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking time in giving us feedback for your recent stay in our Hotel. It's god to hear from guests for us to know where we have done well and where we need improve on. We took note of your comments on breakfast and the room preference. With regard to the room price on the streamer outside the Hotel, it is actually indicated that the rate is on a per person on twin sharing basis. Your valuable comments will be shared with the rest of the Team.

We hope that you can still consider staying with us in your future trips to Manila..

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I was really impressed with the service given by the staffs of this Hotel. The Hotel is clean, and well maintained. I would like to commend Benz of FO. She was very kind to give us good rate and Room adjacent to each other. I'm a bit annoyed with the wifi though. It's so slow.. The Rooftop is Good the waiters were attentive. The pool was their but it closes at 8.The location is the downside since its in the red light district. Nevertheless The stay was fantastic. I wish to go back again.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Gogetter10
CGHGM, General Manager at City Garden Hotel Makati, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the great feedback you gave us during your recent stay in our Hotel. It's always good to hear from guests for us to know where we have done well and where we need improve on. We took note of your comment about the pool operations and we will look into this.Your valuable comments will be shared with the rest of the Team.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband and I spent two evenings here last week and enjoyed our stay.

Pros:
Attentive staff. Very pleasant and accommodating.
Attractive and quaint environment.
Clean rooms.
Central location, everything is pretty close by.
Good value for the price.
Safe

Cons:

Booked to have the hotel car to pick us up at the airport. The car never showed up despite confirming prior to our arrival. Mentioned it to the front desk attendant who checked us in, received no apology or explanation. I was a bit offended to say the least. It was actually much cheaper (more than half!) to take an airport taxi to the hotel so nothing to stew about.

Breakfast was ok. I found it to be an odd mix for a breakfast buffet, there were some items that just seemed so out of place (chicken adobo). They really should look at revamping the menu items to represent more of a breakfast rather than a hodge-podge of offerings that just gave me the impression that the kitchen is confused.

Flies in the lobby. Nothing that was absolutely disgusting, but they might want to invest in one of those strong blowers at the front door that activates each time the door opens.

Very weak wi-fi, absolutely useless in our room.

Don't print at the lobby business center!!! OMG!! It's ridiculously expensive. Outdated printers, very slow. Got charged P20 per page!!!! That equals to about $0.50 per sheet, I had to print 15 pages for my medical referral and felt completely robbed. You can find an internet center that charges about $0.05 per page. Ridiculous, ridiculous, ridiculous!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mhyschelle72

Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate the feedback you gave us during your recent stay in our Hotel. It's very helpful for us hearing from guests for us to know where we have done well and where we need improve on. There is no excuse for the airport pick up as this is very much straight forward. With the circumstances you mentioned we certainly messed up on that. We also took note of your comments about our breakfast and we will improve the cycle of times. However, there is a good possibility that Chicken Adobo will still be in the cycle as it is a local favorite which we also have a lot of guests too. Our WIFI will be a lot better after we complete our upgrade of our system. Works has started already.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

It's my first choice when I have to stay in Makati. Friendly staff and good value. Since I arrive with my car I appreciate the available and quick car park service. There's a pool and restaurant on the top with great view over Makati. If you like an extensive breakfast you are at the right address.

Room Tip: There are rooms without view. If you don't like such make that clear at the reservation. Trust i...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank hansruedigut221
CGHGM, General Manager at City Garden Hotel Makati, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate the wonderful feedback you gave us during your recent stay in our Hotel. It's always good to know when guests take their time for us to know where we have done well and where we need improve on.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Booked a deluxe double room for 4 nights, based mainly on the location, cost and the fact that it had a pool.

My room was clean and big and there was lots of space to put my bags, etc.
There is free WiFi, but it was painfully slow. Another slight annoyance, was that even though I was on a high floor, I could hear the hum of the traffic at night.

The breakfast is served on the top floor, offering great views of the city, but the breakfast itself was below par from a European perspective.

The hotel is in a fairly good location, and the staff were friendly and professional. The pool is on the top floor, but is very small for a hotel of this size, and in the end because of the number of people using it, I never got to use it.
Also, for a hotel of its size, there was only 2 lifts, so it takes a while to move between the floors, and most of the people using it were the staff themselves.

All in all, the hotel was average, and at over $100 a night, not a great bargain (though hotels in the Philippines are more expensive than elsewhere in Asia).
On the plus side is it's location (yes there is better, - but you pay) and the room size.

Also, one hint, - when you are leaving in a taxi for the airport, make sure the meter is switched on before you get in and move off.

Room Tip: The higher the better....
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank BrilloAido
CGHGM, General Manager at City Garden Hotel Makati, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the feedback you gave us during your recent stay in our Hotel. It's good to hear from guests for us to know where we have done well and where we need improve on. We have noted your concerns and just to let you know that we are in the process of improving our WIFI network.

Your valuable comments will be shared with the rest of the Team.

We still hope that you would consider us in the future.