We stayed in this hotel for 4 days in december 2006 (11/12/2006 till 15/12/2006) but we enjoyed our stay so much that we booked again for 10 more days later in january (31/12/2006 till 10/01/2007).
Hotel room: we ordered the "bedroom deluxe". It was very spatious, well equipped and clean. Try to get a room on a high floor and not facing makati avenue (very noisy in the morning). (4,5/5). You can see some pictures of the room on: http://new.photos.yahoo.com/anthonyfreund/album/576460762385060100#page1 . (you can watch the other pictures as well of course) :)
Personnel: very kind and very professional. (5/5)
Breakfast: the only setback. The choice you have for breakfast is rather poor, and the quality was just average. Fresh mangoes are available, but only on demand. The coffee was terrible. (1/5)
Location: just 5 mins walk from the Glorietta, Landmark & Rustan malls. Ideal location. (5/5)
Internet: who needs that? I'm on holiday! :) Well... you can always go to an internet café. There is one in Glorietta (2nd floor) for 30 pesos / half hour.
In general: I recommend this hotel. Next time I'm in Manila, I'll be back there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Makati City's central business district, Somerset Olympia Makati is ideal for executives and their families looking for work-life balance and an enriching lifestyle. The newly refurbished serviced residence is infused with warm hospitality and allows convenient proximity to major corporate offices, parks, lifestyle venues and cultural centres. It is right across the lush Ayala Triangle Park and situated within walking distance to Greenbelt Mall, Glorietta Mall and Ayala Museum. There's always a warm welcome awaiting you and your family - including your furry, four-legged companions at Somerset Olympia Makati. Our friendly staff are always on hand to extend assistance with local knowledge to help you settle in quickly. Somerset Olympia Makati is one of a premier collection of The Ascott Limited's serviced residences in over 80 cities in Asia Pacific, Europe and the Gulf region. A member of CapitaLand, it is the global leader in branded serviced residences, bringing you 30 years' experience in supporting travellers who work and live away from home. Because life is about living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HRS, HotelQuickly and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Somerset Olympia Makati reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Somerset Olympia Makati Hotel Makati
- Somerset Olympia Makati Metro Manila