“Save your money ! many better options else where”

Somerset Olympia Makati
Ranked #27 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed April 10, 2014

NIce rooms and thats it. There was nothing on offer in terms of service. I note that another traveller described breakfast as a "bit hit and miss" - that was generous. The breakfast was so minimal and poor. A local Phillipino guest reassured me that there was certainly better culinary offerings in the Phillipines
When trying to purchase wi fi in the hotel room a connection could not be gained. In desperation l was told of free wi fi at the breakfast / dining area. This was another false lead - couldnt get wi fi to connect and despite approaching several staff , no one could provide anything but a benign grin. Unfortunatly the lack of any help continud when l went to the recommended travel agent around the corner.
Upon leaving it seemed very hard for the hotel staff to secure a taxi After a wait l decided to go out on the street to organise my own taxi. I needed to do this to irganise my own flight booking.

In summary, if furnishings are all that matters then this may be a good place for some. I would prefer something more human.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Philip B, Residence Manager at Somerset Olympia Makati, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Dear Kevin H,

I would like to thank you for staying with us at Somerset Olympia Makati and for taking time to share your feedback.

I read with much concern about the unpleasant experience you encountered during your previous stay with us. We always encourage our residents to bring their concern to the Manager On Duty at the time when the issue arises. The purpose is to ensure that your concerns are addressed promptly with the objective of making your stay with us a pleasant one. In this instance, the management of the property was unaware of the incident and is very sorry to learn that you were left with an unpleasant experience.

Please contact me at philip.barnes@the-ascott.com so that we can take remedial action
to ensure incident like this will not happen again.

On behalf of the Somerset Olympia Makati team, I apologize that we were unable to make you feel more at home and comfortable. We would have loved to be able to address your concerns while you were here and had the chance to make your stay more pleasant. We hope that you would reconsider staying with us again, giving us another opportunity to serve you better.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

The apartments were good for a short term stay.Breakfast was a total hit and miss was told one morning no butter was available instead was offered Jam.Breakfast choices were very sparse and had to eggs to order waited about 10 mins for 2 fried eggs.Meeting rooms were basic and no coffee offered during breaks between meeting.Locations was excellent.Friendly staff on reception but food was a let down....

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear gordonmac2014,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We, at Somerset Olympia Makati are happy to have met your expectations in service, apartment and location.

With regards to breakfast, please be assured that the menu for our breakfast is changed regularly as we want to meet the dining preferences of both our Western and Asian residents. While a wider selection in the breakfast spread is desirable, we are also careful about having too wide a spread as the cost will eventually be passed on to our residents. Your comments on the slow service of our concessionaire was relayed & rest assured this was addressed already.

Our meeting rooms are currently being refurbished & together with this, we are offering a better selection as we open in the the coming month. Coffee, on the other hand is upon request and should you prefer to have this in your meeting, our F&B would be happy to provide this in your meeting room.

Thank you for your valued patronage. We look forward to welcoming you again at Somerset Olympia Makati.

Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

The swimming pool was horrific and the constant beeping of horns on the main road every day at 5am will wake you up. Room service food was hit and miss but the place was clean & tidy.

I wouldn't touch the 'complimentary' breakfast...

The site itself was half under construction which meant sometimes the lifts were broken.

The wifi was really unstable

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear MissMalone82,

I would like to thank you for staying with us at Somerset Olympia Makati and for taking the time to share your invaluable comments.

It is with regret to know how you found our swimming pool, internet and the beeping of horns you heard every morning. The time you stayed with us was during the completion of our refurbishment. In this light, I am pleased to inform you that Somerset Olympia Makati has completed its refurbishment last March 2014 and I am sure you'll find our facilities up to your expectations.

I also noted your comment on our breakfast & room service concessionaire (Old Swiss Inn) pertaining to the quality of food. We would like to assure you that we have taken note of your feedback and we will certainly highlight to our concessionaire for their immediate attention.

MissMalone82, rest assured that your insights prove to be valuable to us as we strive to serve our guests better. We hope to welcome you back soon at Somerset Olympia Makati, giving us a chance to serve you better.

Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

This apartment is located in one if the finest location of Manila. The size of the apartment is good. The service is also equally good. I am impressed by the way the apartments are maintained.

The kitchen is very functional but slightly cramped.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
pbarnes83, Residence Manager at Somerset Olympia Makati, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear ranjalashwin,

Thank you very much for your compliment. Your heartfelt words will be shared with the team. Your compliments inspire us to continually provide and improve the level of service that guests have come to expect.

Once again, thank you for making us one of your preferred accommodation choices and for your valuable feedback. I hope to welcome you back to Somerset Olympia Makati soon.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and would be sure to stay here again if I go to Makati. It is a short stroll to the major shopping malls. I had a good room, very clean and very spacious, but was noisy at it looked over Makati Avenue with heaps of traffic most of the night Staff - extremely helpful. Downside is the place for breakfast, not too good

Room Tip: There are 4 towers to this hotel so I am not sure which would be the quiet ones as there is a road a...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Dear houghtonboi,

We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. At the same time, we are happy to have met your expectations in service standards. Receiving such positive feedback as well as your comment regarding breakfast motivates us to further improve our commitment to delivering good service.

Once again, thank you for your valued patronage. We look forward to welcoming you back at Somerset Olympia Makati.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

The location is great, but not many people know it, have to tell them it's behind the Pen. We only stayed 1 night. The room is clean. The beds are super comfy. The customer service is excellent. I would stay here again if I ever go Makati.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Dear zzzSleepyzzz,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback and patronage at Somerset Olympia Makati. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and find that our services are to your expectations.

On behalf of all the staff at Somerset Olympia Makati, we are honoured to have you as our resident. Rest assured that we shall continuously exert the best effort in providing you the best service you deserve.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I'm not reviewing the staff because as anyone knows, hotel staff just about anywhere in the PHL is outstanding. My friend checked in and first thing she said was, "It smells like mold". Plus it was disappointing as she was guaranteed a room with 2 beds. This was a bed smaller than a queen with 2 very small beds put together to make one. So she called the main desk and after an hour she was moved to another room. First thing she said, "This too smells like mold". She ended up staying there for 4 nights. Every time I visited her, I too could slightly smell mold. The view out of her window was a wall of the building next door. She had to call down to the lobby cause the toilet would not work properly. One morning a person knocked at the door, she let them in, and they started spraying. She asked what were they doing and they said "spraying for bugs" This should not of been happening while the guest is present. She never asked for this to be done in the first place. As others on here have said, the 'free' internet was horrible. Very weak signal and when you could connect it was basically useless. The only bright side I could see was her free breakfast she received every day which was at the Swiss Inn which was downstairs in the same building. It was a buffet.
She was paying 5,000 pesos a night (discounted from 6,000) and to me this very much overpriced. I know of a hotel which is 1/4 km away that charges 1800 pesos a night and the rooms are night and day compared to this.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Andoyb

Dear Andoyb,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

I am truly sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience. While we constantly strive to maintain the highest standards of customer satisfaction, regrettably, on this occasion, we have fallen short of our key objective. I therefore wish to extend to you my sincere apologies.

I would like to assure you that I have personally addressed the staff concerned in the "spraying of bugs" and will ensure that he/she receives the necessary guidance to perform a much better role moving forward to avoid a recurrence of this incident.

With regards to the bed configuration and internet connection, rest assured I have discussed this with my team in order to rectify what is needed to deliver our services to your expectations.

Unfortunately, there is no way of recreating the past or reversing the unpleasant incident you experienced. However, I can assure you that we value your feedback and your feedback has been utilised to improve our service and communication.

Once again, please accept our apologies and do not hesitate to let me know if I can be of any assistance to you anytime.