The service is somewhat poor.
First, upon check in, the front desk lady insisted me to provide a corporate card my company issues when I can in fact just use any of my personal card to charge the deposit. I was charged the whole amount of our room rate.
Next, the internet connection in the room only allows one device to connect. We have to take turns. The password will only be provided if you phoned in the front desk.
We asked for ice cubes and was advised that there's not enough. Only a glass of ice can be given but we have to go down the reception area to get it!
Also, we requested for hair conditioner and was told it is never provided. That's fine if my friend from the other room was not given the same as that makes it inconsistent! If you plan to stay in any of the Somerset residences, better bring your own shampoo, conditioner and soap as they only provide lotion, dental kit and an all in one hair-and-body wash.
Another thing, not sure if the bathroom window's broken but there's rainwater spilling all over the floor that I almost slipped. The rain though is really heavy but to my least expectation that it will get in. I checked the window and it's compactly closed. It's also dim in the toilet/tub area as there's no light.
Let's talk about breakfast, I tell you I was dismayed. Few varieties and in poor quality. The waiters are not smiling too. It's like you woke them up from a good night's sleep and so they're pissed.
Lastly, the front desk personnel the next morning when I checked out is helping another guest yes but me and my friend got annoyed as she speaks to him so contemptuously, answering the foreigner guest back in a sharp, snappy way when the guest was patiently waiting for him to be accommodated and was humbly asking for help. Rude!
The unit though is beautiful, homey and comfortable. Room is very good as well except that the pillows are not too soft. It's furnished with complete facilities but I haven't seen a washing machine. The hallway to the rooms is narrow and confusing.
Please do not generalize as other Somerset residences I've stayed are good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Makati City's central business district, Somerset Olympia Makati is ideal for executives and their families looking for work-life balance and an enriching lifestyle. The newly refurbished serviced residence is infused with warm hospitality and allows convenient proximity to major corporate offices, parks, lifestyle venues and cultural centres. It is right across the lush Ayala Triangle Park and situated within walking distance to Greenbelt Mall, Glorietta Mall and Ayala Museum. There's always a warm welcome awaiting you and your family - including your furry, four-legged companions at Somerset Olympia Makati. Our friendly staff are always on hand to extend assistance with local knowledge to help you settle in quickly. Somerset Olympia Makati is one of a premier collection of The Ascott Limited's serviced residences in over 80 cities in Asia Pacific, Europe and the Gulf region. A member of CapitaLand, it is the global leader in branded serviced residences, bringing you 30 years' experience in supporting travellers who work and live away from home. Because life is about living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Somerset Olympia Makati reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Somerset Olympia Makati Hotel Makati
- Somerset Olympia Makati Metro Manila