Somerset Olympia Makati
HolidayInn.com
The Peninsula Manila(Makati)
$135
Shangri-La.com
City Garden Hotel Makati(Makati)(Great Value!)
$48
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $123/night.

Dusit Thani Manila(Makati)
$104
  • Pool
$123
$94
$79
Trip.com
All reviewsswiss innayala trianglewalking distancefull kitchenbreakfast was includedshopping malls and restaurantspleasant stayenjoyed my stayconvenience storebooked this hotelthe ground floorrooms are spaciouslocation is greathome away from homeyogurtgreen beltbusiness district
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Location - great! Opposite the Ayala Triangle Gardens. Minutes away from Greenbelt Malls, Landmark & Glorietta Mall.

Service - fantastic! Friendly, helpful and efficient. They even delivered a cake up to my room on my birthday.

Rooms - comfy but a bit old. They have this old rustic smell in them. Full amenities such as iron, ironing board, pots & pans for cooking, kettle, microwave, bread toaster and even found a washing machine in my suite.

Breakfast at the Swiss Inn seems to be slightly cheaper but with slightly less spread compared to the cafe below it. The Ayala Triangle Gardens offer great dining options for lunch and dinner.

The Olympia Spa offered pretty reasonable pricing for massages. Both my wife and I thought it was pretty good as well.

No free Internet was a major letdown. I heard that its free at Ascott which is right next to Glorietta mall. Swimming pool was in Tower A while we stayed in Tower D so it was a real let down as we didn't want to walk pass the drive way to get to the pool so we didn't visit it in the end.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed alone on business for 3 nights.

My room got upgraded to a suite and I loved it!

Staffs are so nice and attentive.
The only thing I did not like there was the smell in the hallway. It smelled like ripe fruit during my stay.

maybe, it was temporarily like that.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My elder daughter studies in UP, Diliman and lives in a boarding house in Loyola Heights, Quezon City. Her room is just big enough for two young boarders. For her birthday present, her Papa, her younger sister, and I plan to surprise her by going to Manila, checking in at Somerset Olympia, and spending the weekend with her..... July 6 (her birthday) came and she was truly, truly surprise to see us, her family, at her doorstep. And what added to her birthday surprise was staying at the elegant Somerset Hotel..... she felt like a princess.... (and us, her family, felt like millionaires even for a day). Thanks, Somerset! :) :) :)

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2013

nice place , near to the malls , park ,and its in the ayala avneu so you can from here start your trip .
its got a nice rooms and its peace and quite ...
good service , good treatment , nice swiming pool .
i liked the breakfast that includ with the room ..

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed for 3 night in June 2013 as recommended to us by our travel agent. Overall it was ideal for us with the positives far outweighing the negatives. Our party was myself, my wife and our 3.5 yr old daughter. We stayed in a 1 bedroom deluxe room. In point form:

POSITIVES:
- Excellent location. This is the most modern (and seemingly safest) part of Manila. The park opposite has some great restaurants that we frequented more than once (highly recommend Kanin Club)
- Neat, tidy and spacious rooms
- Great staff
- Small but functional gym with mix of machines/free weights
- Good breakfast (not amazing but nice omelettes and pancakes!)
- The Old Swiss Inn downstairs is a 24 hr restaurant located within the hotel. We found a free wifi network (d-link) and enjoyed the selection of beers and food several times while using the Internet
- Security. All the good hotels are very serious about this and the Somerset is no exception. Expect your taxi to be searched as you enter. There's a sniffer/guard dog on the reception door (his name is "Guardy")... A very placid, small redish dog that slept most of the time!

NEGATIVES:
- no bed was included for our daughter and we weren't prepared to pay the relatively high fee for an extra bed $AUD36/night (we overcame this by placing cushions from the couch on the floor of the walk-in-robe area of our bedroom. This doubled as a separate space for her and she was perfectly comfortable. The staff were very happy to provide us with extra sheets, duvet, pillows)
- the pool is fine for adults but a toddler trap. Very high sides, no steps and essentially nowhere for little ones to hold on to or stand. I'd recommend taking/buying a blowup ring or similar so toddlers can have some independence in the water.
- the standard of cleanliness is okay, a little bit “surface" in some areas

NEUTRAL:
- The hotel is a bit tired. It didn't bother us at all or impede on our enjoyment. Expect this in advance and you'll be fine.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family