Stayed at their 2br apartment with family for the New Year's Eve celebration in Makati's Central Business District. Booked early and directly as we found better deal here.
- NY's eve party/concert outside the hotel (~50-100m) with food stalls (bbqs, local delicacies, drinks, etc.). Check if the Makati government official site if they'll have it again this year
- 20 minute firework display with station/launch area just outside the hotel entrance
- Ayala Triangle gardens (~50-100m) with row of restaurants. They close early I think before 4:00PM
- Room is ~90sqm and clean with comfy seats, DVD player, LCD TVs, electric stove, plates, and utensils (fully-equipped kitchen)
- With complimentary wifi, but you need to request for individual device accounts
- Two choices of limited breakfast: One with corned beef as the main dish and the other where you'll only find the egg station
- Need some updating of furniture, air-conditioners, baths, etc though they're still functional
- When we check-in around 2PM, there's only one person managing it so the queue got long - same scenario during checkout. Interestingly, help arrived after the "rush hours"
- After checkout with parking fee (for +1 car) already settled together with the hotel fees, receptionist mentioned she'll coordinate the parking clearance with security officers. But outside the lobby, I was pulled-over by the security officer for clearance
- Didn't understand why needed to be asked four times (twice during check-in, twice when leaving the parking area) by security officers on how many cars we parked. Need some coordination maybe or better outsource this function
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Makati City's central business district, Somerset Olympia Makati is ideal for executives and their families looking for work-life balance and an enriching lifestyle. The newly refurbished serviced residence is infused with warm hospitality and allows convenient proximity to major corporate offices, parks, lifestyle venues and cultural centres. It is right across the lush Ayala Triangle Park and situated within walking distance to Greenbelt Mall, Glorietta Mall and Ayala Museum. There's always a warm welcome awaiting you and your family - including your furry, four-legged companions at Somerset Olympia Makati. Our friendly staff are always on hand to extend assistance with local knowledge to help you settle in quickly. Somerset Olympia Makati is one of a premier collection of The Ascott Limited's serviced residences in over 80 cities in Asia Pacific, Europe and the Gulf region. A member of CapitaLand, it is the global leader in branded serviced residences, bringing you 30 years' experience in supporting travellers who work and live away from home. Because life is about living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Somerset Olympia Makati reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Somerset Olympia Makati Hotel Makati
- Somerset Olympia Makati Metro Manila