2,485 results
All reviewssalon de ningspices restaurantfax machinehalo halogrand lobbylobby restaurantbreakfast buffetstar hotelturn down servicebeautiful hotelclub floorpool area isbusiness tripayala trianglesuperior roomfitness centerbusiness district
Reviewed October 16, 2017

The Peninsula is one of those grand, older hotels that you find in Asia that reminds you what the "sexier" chains don't have - premium service. From the moment they pick you at the airport to your departure, the Peninsula's exceptional staff go out of their way - every day - to make your stay amazing. Everyone knows your name - everyone focuses on your personal needs every day. It is not a massive hotel (like the Shangri-La across the street) which I prefer...because the service is that much more personalized. Having said that - the rooms could do with an upgrade - it's time. You may not notice things but some paint on the existing furniture would work wonders (lose the dark tones). The menu(s) could use with some vegan/vegetarian upgrades (pasta is not the only dish that we like to eat for room service)...so old world charm that perhaps could use a step up or two - but - all in all this is my favorite Manila hotel (yes - I like it more than Shangri-La) and I hope to stay again soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room that overlooks the pool OR if you prefer a big city view - ask for a room with a view of Makati Ave.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank whiteburgundy
PeninsulaManila, Hotel Manager at The Peninsula Manila, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2017

Dear whiteburgundy,

Thank you for your kind review on your trip to The Peninsula Manila. We appreciate the time you took to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay and for acknowledging our facilities and staff which we do take pride in. Please be assured that I have raised your review with our management team will continue to strive for the highest service standards.

We hope that we can welcome you back the next time you are in Manila.

Reviewed October 13, 2017

The hotel located in the center of Manila (Makati area). The area is safe for walk and the hotel is only 10 minutes away from two great malls with plenty shops and restaurants. Elegant and classic style lobby with live music (violin and piano), professional and smiling service minded staff. The big breakfast buffet with so many choices was delicious. The room had a big King size bed and the bathroom with bathtub was large with.This is a great hotel and I will surely come back.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
PeninsulaManila, Hotel Manager at The Peninsula Manila, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2017

Dear Lefteris_Skout,

Thank you for your kind review on your trip to The Peninsula Manila. We appreciate the time you took to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay and for acknowledging our facilities and staff which we do take pride in. We hope that we can welcome you back the next time you are in Manila.

Reviewed October 7, 2017

I have stayed at the Peninsula a number of times on business trips. The rooms are comfortable and clean, and the service is excellent. It caters to high end clientele, so prices are expected to match. There are plenty of bars and restaurants in the area.

Car access to the hotel is inconvenient, so if you are ordering an Uber, plan to wait at least 15-20 mins.

Room Tip: Excellent pool
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
PeninsulaManila, Hotel Manager at The Peninsula Manila, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2017

Dear kumar_ash,

Reviewed October 6, 2017

Although the lobby has maintained it's splendor, the room (Standard/superior) we stayed in was the exact opposite. Tired, in dire need of refurbishment...we just expected more out of The Peninsula.

Free Breakfast was so underwhelming. The Hotel's designated smoking area was inside the hotel premises, with open doors and windows that let the stench escape.

overall, our stay was a total disappointment. Won't be staying here again anytime soon.

Room Tip: If you plan to stay in a Standard/Superior room, go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank azziedb

Dear azziedb,

While I am pleased to know that you acknowledged our Lobby which we do take pride in, I am disappointed to hear that you were not satisfied with the service and facilities that you have received during your stay. Please be assured that we have considered your comments regarding our hotel to which I have raised your review to our management team so that we may strive for the highest service standards. If you have any other comments regarding your stay with us, I would like to hear it. You may reach me at patrickbehrens@peninsula.com

Warm regards,

Reviewed October 4, 2017

1. 飯店地點很方便
2. 早餐每天都一樣有點膩
3. 出差4天只有在最後1天拿出信用卡付款住宿費用~結果當天下午我的信用卡就被盜刷~寫信給飯店但飯店當作沒看到也沒回信~感覺很差~我認為飯店有可能手腳不乾淨~請各位要去住的朋友要小心!(因為飯店沒回信我也只能猜測~但是沒處理也沒回應就感覺怪怪的!)
1. Location is good
2. similar items of breakfast during my stayed.
3. It's business trip this time, using credit card until checked out these 4 days, on the evening at same day, unauthorized Charge from my credit card and I donot know what happened. Later I emailed front desk of the hotel and no respond until now. BE CAREFUL if someone stay in this hotel!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank yinyin0907

Dear yinyin0907,

Thank you very much for taking time and providing feedback regarding your stay with us. I would like to ask if we were able to resolve the unauthorized charges on your credit card?

Please be assured that we have considered your comments and I have raised your review with our management team as we will continue to strive for the highest service standards. If you have any other comments regarding your stay with us, we would like to hear it. You may reach me at patrickbehrens@peninsula.com

Warm regards,