The Peninsula Manila
New World Makati Hotel(Makati)
$123
Shangri-La.com
$119
$39
Agoda.com
City Garden Hotel Makati(Makati)(Great Value!)
$49
$161
$151
$97
$83
$100
$94
2,365 results
All reviewssalon de ningspices restaurantfax machinehalo halogrand lobbylobby restaurantbreakfast buffetturn down servicestar hotelbeautiful hotelclub floorpool area isbusiness tripsuperior roomfavorite hotelayala trianglefitness center
Reviewed September 4, 2009

I am Rhoda Calma and one of the HRM students at AMA CLC Guagua.I just want to thank Ms.Grace de Vera and company who conducted the seminar yesterday September 3,2009.At The Peninsula Manila.I felt really good being in your hotel and the warmth of your service.Thank you for inspiring and sharing your thoughts with us.Your Australian executive chef is so nice too.It has been a great experince with all of you.More power to The Peninsula Manila!God bless.

• Stayed: September 2009
1  Thank geraldinePhilippines
Reviewed August 3, 2009

a place where culture combines with leisure and relaxation...business and commerce...family and friends affairs and gatherings...no one can dethrone her
even politics tried to destroy its elegance and beauty...but please preserve it...

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank dhidha
Reviewed August 3, 2009

We stayed at the Peninsula Manila for two nights at the tail-end of our trip. Got a great deal on expedia.com at $150/night, but would've definitely shelled out more. Our superior room was in the Ayala tower and overlooked Makati Blvd. I was a tad concerned that the street noise would bother me but it was never an issue. We dined at Mi Place, the authentic Italian restaurant right off the lobby and enjoyed a phenomenal meal there. Service all-around was customarily impeccable, from the concierge and check-in staff to housekeeping. We slept comfortably on the king-size bed and high-thread count sheets. I was very excited to discover that the bathroom had both a shower and a bathtub, which I soaked in a few minutes after checking in.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ouiparis
Reviewed July 25, 2009

I love the grand entrance. There is usually a live orchestra playing in the lobby. We have stayed there so much the housekeeping staff on our floor always call me by name.

I left a box of expensive jewelry there for a week one time, when I finally called, housekeeping had turned it in and it was put in the hotels safe. Hotels are not required to call you regarding things you have left behind for privacy reasons. The fact though that they were still there was amazing.

I love the down pillows and comforters, large flat screen TVS, the extra commode in the living room of the suites is handy too. Keeps people from walking through my mess!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 23, 2009

My stay at the Peninsula Manila came at the tail end of a two-week visit in the Philippines, and since I had been staying in some pretty interesting accomodations (ranging from economy to moderate, often with primitive bathrooms and a variety of insects/wildlife), I wanted to splurge a bit on my last night there. A great rate on a deluxe double ($166 on Expedia), positive traveler reviews and the fact that I hadn't ever stayed at a Peninsula before were enough to convince me to give it a try even though a lot of people were trying to get me to stay at the Shangri-La.

First of all, the service was outstanding in every respect - the doormen, bellmen/porters, concierge and reception desk were professional and friendly: it was clear that they would do anything it took to make my stay pleasant. Second, the lobby is a sight to behold. It apparently had been redone after a military tank(!) crashed through it during a failed coup in 2007. Third (and relevant to #2), security is tight but discreet - even though some may find it a "nuisance" to have to go through a metal detector and bag search, I appreciate it; it's also understandable given some of the high-profile guests (Kobe Bryant was there the same night as I) who often stay at the Peninsula Manila.

Among the other things I thought were exceptional or well-executed:
- Location: It's in the heart of metro Manila (Makati business district), with easy and very safe access to great restaurants and unlimited shopping, including high-end boutiques. It's a quirky mix of Fifth Avenue and big box, Walmart-type shopping but it works well.
- The room: we had a deluxe (one notch above superior) twin overlooking the quieter upscale village rather than the city. It had all the lovely appointments and ammenities one would expect from a 5-star hotel The bathroom was gorgeous and spacious - it was marble-tiled throughout with lovely woodwork, separate tower/soaking tub and included a stereo system.
- High-speed internet access is FREE. This is not true of every hotel in Manila.
- Restaurant: There are five offered, plus room service. We opted to eat in the lobby restaurant so we could people watch and select from a large menu that offered both Western and native Filipino dishes. I was able to order an item from a separate restaurant with no problem at all. And since the exchange rate and traveling in the Philippines in general tend to favor foreign visitors, we enjoyed several wines and premium cocktails at $4 apiece. The food was delicious too.
- Pool and spa: I took a night-time dip in the pool, then spent the next hour in the lovely sauna, steam room and whirlpool. If I had more time, I might've ordered a cocktail too. It was a great way to get ready for a good night's sleep.

The only thing I found odd about the experience was when I checked in and was asked to provide a voucher (confirmation email) from Expedia to settle the bill. I hadn't had a chance to print it out and the option they offered was for me to go to the Business Office to use their guest computers and print out the voucher. The catch was that it would cost $2 per page, which I thought was a bit unseemly (nickel & dime). Redemption came quickly in the form of the assistant manager, who gave me his business card with email address, saying that all I needed to do was forward the Expedia email to him and he'd take care of the rest. I chalk this very minor hiccup to either an isolated training or a process glitch, and not a reflection of the overall standards of the hotel.

All-in-all I thought the Peninsula Manila did an outstanding job and I plan to stay there on any future return trips.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends