New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #5 of 80 Hotels in Makati
Hong Kong, China
“Top Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

As always, a delightful stay at the Pen. Service and the facilities are excellent. Best lobby in Makati. Pity that the Old Manila restaurant was undergoing renovation. New restaurant/bar Blackbird has opened in the Nielsen Tower by Ayala Triangle Gardens just across the road from the Pen. Very much worth a visit.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Kalbo96

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

This is 5-star hotel has all the attributes that Peninsula hotels are famous for. All the more amazing amongst the chaos that is Metro Manila. I stayed here on a business trip for a week and I received top-notch service the entire time. The vast lobby lounge/bar is a great place to conduct business and waste away hours networking over drinks and snacks. The onsite restaurants are all good. The buffet is very good but it can get boring quickly if you eat there regularly as the (extensive) selections don't seem to change. There are many excellent restaurants in Makati (especially in the Green Belt) so no excuse for eating in the hotel all the time. The room is a decent size and very comfortable. The outdoor pool is an excellent place to unwind after a day of business.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Staying at the Peninsula for a week while on business in Manila. This hotel is everything you have heard about staying in a Peninsula. From the lobby to the rooms, this hotel is appointed fantastically.

Service is outstanding and the staff is always looking for a way to make your staff fantastic. Everyone has a smile for you and embodies the spirit of the Philippines people. There is a hello, a smile and always a question of how can I help you. The whether you need directions, have a question on restaurants or a request for your room, the staff says yes or finds an answer for you quickly. Top quality service without the pretention and stuffy attitude you find at many 5 star hotels.

The pool and fitness area are fantastic. With fantastic plants and flowers, the atmosphere around the pool is tranquil and a great retreat. The fitness area has plenty of state of the art equipment and makes keeping your workout routine easy while on the road. There are plenty of cardio machines ranging from elliptical, treadmills and bikes while there are both free and weight machines available. Water and towels are available as is a sauna and steam room.

The rooms while simple are well appointed. My bed was very comfortable and there is 24 hour room service available for those evenings when you arrive late on an international flight. There is plenty of room with a desk, chair and footrest and plenty of storage for your belongings. I had a well stocked refrigerator, coffee/tea station, iron, hair dryer, etc. The staff put ice in my room each night and the air conditioner worked very well.

The location is right in the middle of the Makati area and provides easy access to transportation and other business areas of the city.

I cannot say enough about this hotel and would definitely stay here again while visiting Manila. It comes with my highest recommendation.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
Agoura Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I only stayed overnight in July prior to my flying back to the U.S. I had stayed here longer two years ago and loved it. This time around everything was as I expected, except that when I got to my room, there was no fruit basket. Two years ago I was given one everyday. So I called the front desk and asked them if they don't provide fruit baskets anymore. The gentleman who answered apologized and said one would be sent up immediately. The guy they sent up handed be one mango and one banana - without any basket. But that's OK - I didn't mind. He was very pleasant anyway and the fruits were very sweet.

I had dinner at the lobby/restaurant with friends I hadn't seen in 43 years, and we spent over 4 hours catching up and listening to the wonderful music from the live orchestra. Restaurant staff discretely left us alone except when we flagged a waiter. When my friends left, our waiter said he hoped we had a wonderful time. I said we sure did.

The Peninsula remains one of my favorite hotels.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Location
Marikina, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

everyone was very attentive and they really go out of their way to check on you and help you. Rooms were very cozy some of the furniture and fixtures didn't match the vibe they were going for but it's okay. They need to fix their curtain because one of the handle bars fell.

Also we booked for a room with the garden/pool view and all I got was the roof of the lobby not very nice so I just closed the curtains....

But all in all the breakfast was spectacular and service was great would definitely stay here again but i'll just get the room without a view at least it's less expensive!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
      Location
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This was the 2nd time we've stayed here and let me tell you, the service seems to get better each time. The suite we had was fantastic with all standard 5-star amenities. The staff are professional, friendly and most importantly, very helpful. The western food is great also if you aren't up to trying the local cuisine. This is one of my favourite hotels so far in Asia.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I used the Peninsula twice as my layover hotel during a recent trip. Service to and from the Airport was very convenient. I used their transportation serves. My flight was delayed 2 hours but they were there waiting for me. I believe hotel security also called my driver to insure I was okay.
The staff and hotel are all consistent with Peninsula standards. The lobby always had lovely live music. For a tired traveler, the Peninsula was a nice break.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Makati
New World Makati Hotel
Dusit Thani Manila
Dusit Thani Manila
#15 of 80 in Makati
4.0 of 5 stars 1,648 reviews

Been to The Peninsula Manila? Share your experiences!