New World Makati Hotel(Makati)
$119
$72
$135
$121
Shangri-La.com
City Garden Hotel Makati(Makati)(Great Value!)
$52
$48
$157
$105
Agoda.com
2,456 results
All reviewssalon de ningspices restaurantfax machinehalo halogrand lobbylobby restaurantbreakfast buffetstar hotelturn down servicebeautiful hotelclub floorpool area isbusiness tripayala trianglesuperior roomfitness centerfavorite hotel
Reviewed November 30, 2013

The Makati Peninsula is incredible value compared to 5 star hotels in any other capital city and compared to any other Peninsula hotels worldwide.

+ overall good hotel, slightly dated rooms but high standard
+ nice bar downstairs
+ quick check in
+ Friendly staff
+ good room service
+ good location

- Took a while to check out

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 29, 2013

The last night of every trip we take is of special importance, as I want it to be a memorable event that caps each trip.

I wanted to stay at a hotel in Manila that was newer with a contemporary image, but my wife finds special meaning in the Peninsula due to her memories of it while growing up in the Philippines. She remembers the hotel being the focus of those with money - something she definitely never had as a child. I was skeptical and did not have high expectations for our visit due to the age of the hotel and its more 'traditional' imagery.

We stayed in a suite on the top floor. It was absolutely one of the more comfortable, better decorated (contemporary) hotel spaces in which we have ever stayed. The lobby was as my wife wanted it to be. Live music from groups in tuxedos playing above those seated and eating below in an elegant setting. The service was as much as could ever be expected. Every employee seemed genuinely interested in exceeding our needs. I was advised that all entry level waiter positions in the hotel require a Bachelor degree just to be considered. The food wasn't spectacular, but was, in fact, very good. It was indeed a very relaxing visit and we would definitely consider going back to the Peninsula if we were to visit Manila once again.

Dr. David McKinney, President
Westcliff University, Irvine, CA

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2013

The hotel is a little old and run down compared to other Peninsula properties. We came here straight from their hotel in Shanghai and could really notice the difference. However this is reflected in the pricing, and I still think this is the best hotel in Manila. The lobby area and rooms are a bit shabby but still comfortable. The pool area is very nice for a city hotel, and the gym is excellent. All the staff are very friendly and helpful and the location is great.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I usually stay at the Shangri-La Hotel Makati when I'm in Manila but this time, the hotel couldn't accommodate our group of 17 persons. So we picked The Peninsula instead.

The hotel is grand and the lobby and lobby lounge is very nice and festive, especially as there are always people in the lounge at all hours.

The room is also nice but a little aged and rather ordinary. The room at the Shangri-La Makati is much better.

I also had a 90-minute massage at the "spa," which is essentially just a small section of their Fitness Centre, but the masseuse was very good. I lunched twice at Escolta, which had a nice buffet selection, but nothing fantastic.

What marred my experience :
1. I had room service almost every night of my 5-night stay. Each time, it took 45 mins - 1 hour for the food to be brought to the room which is a rather long wait, and most of the time, it didn't arrive on time.
2. It took a long time for the staff to come and clear the room service tray/trolley. One night, I called twice and still no one came to clear it till much later. I was tired and wanted to go to bed, but had to keep waiting for the staff to come.
3. On the first evening, I went into the room as the staff was doing the evening turn-down service. He asked if I needed anything and I asked for a firmer or foam pillow. He acknowledged and said he would get me one. But when I returned later that night, there was no foam pillow, and I wasn't given one during my stay. It's okay if the hotel doesn't have one, but the staff should have just informed me.
4. Used drinking glass next to empty water bottle wasn't cleared/replaced (the empty bottle was removed).

These may not be major things but as The Peninsula has a 5/6-start reputation, I expected better.

The best service I experienced was from the Bell Desk. The concierge was engaged on the phone when I went to ask some questions, and one of the bellman (unfortunately I forgot his name now) stepped in to help as I had been waiting. He was very helpful, patient, friendlly/smiley and provided good information.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MunkyMama68
Peninsula_MN, Manager at The Peninsula Manila, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear MunkyMama68,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Peninsula Manila during your recent visit. We greatly value your feedback which will help us address the service issues that you've raised. Rest assured that we are taking this seriously and that we have taken corrective measures to address those concerns. We hope that this will not prevent you from staying with us again in the future. You can contact me through: oliverdudler@peninsula.com should there be anything that I can be of assistance at this point.

Yours sincerely,
Oliver Dudler
Hotel Manager
The Peninsula Manila

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Was lucky to be a guest at the Pen for 10 days in January this year. The service from airport pickup, check in and welcome fruits and chocolates in the room told me I was in for an amazing stay. The Pen prides itself on attention to detail and this was evident through all parts of the hotel. The staff were obliging and personal. The dining within the hotel was superb and Salon de Ning was a great atmosphere in which to end the night. The availability of any guest service prompt and first class. Would highly recommend as the only place to stay when visiting this amazing city. Overall experience amazing!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends