“Awesome but expensive”

The Peninsula Manila
Ranked #6 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I really enjoyed my week stay at The Peninsula Manila. The beds were really comfortable, the bathrooms were clean and had complete amenities. The linens used were soft. The decorations of the room were tasteful.

I also enjoyed breakfast. The spread of the buffet was excellent, and their egg station serves great scrambled eggs! The only con is that the tables are a bit squashed together so it can get tight when there are a lot of people eating.

The function rooms were nice, though it could get too cold at times. It was also confusing a bit to get to the rooms since there are two wings. It's also expensive, specifically the use of the business center (I was willing to pay for the nice room!).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,253)

Reviewed July 12, 2013

One of the best hotel I have ever stayed. Expensive but simply THE BEST in everything. Decor and Interior is best, service quality in all aspect is best. Security at the hotel is very tight and vigil, this is important keeping in view the small instances which are generally reported in MANILA/MAKATI. Location is just in the heart of business district of Makati city. The hotel also has a helipad. Airport pick and transfer through luxury limousine. The lobby bar/cafe and very nice has lot to offer a la carte, Break fast is very nice and combination of various food including continental. The hotel also has an Indian Restaurant serving authentic Indian food. The Chef is a culinary expert and I was delighted by the stuff i tasted there. Had 12 dinner out of 15 in Makati at this place. if you are there do try the Indian Restaurant there. Pool and health club very nice, good massage facility.

Overall seven star rating for this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This hotel was very nice in setting and amenities, however I had 2 negative experiences in my only stay as a corporate customer:
1) After my first plate at breakfast, I went for seconds and some fruit, leaving my coffee and newspaper on the table. I came back to my seat to find that it had been cleared and someone else sitting there.

2) My room card had de-activated, so I called reception from the elevator lobby if they could send someone to open my door as I urgently needed to leave for a meeting (had extra cards inside anyway). They had confirmed someone would be coming, but two more calls and 20mins later, I was still waiting for assistance to open my room. In the end, I had to go downstairs myself.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I was passing thru and came across this very beautiful hotel. Interiors were amazing. Service was great! I was really impressed with their good judgements in every situation. It was just perfect: 1) superb location near city transportation, the museums, and shopping, 2) outstanding staff and service, 3) immaculate and comfortable rooms, 4) the convenience... need I say more.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is my second time to the Peninsula and I'm still loving it.

The rooms are spacious and neat. The bathroom is stylish and the toiletries are really good quality. My favourite part of the hotel: the fitness centre - small but very good. The pool is good too but in the summer the water warms up too much and feels more like a bath.

The breakfast spread is good but pricey (similar for other business hotels) but the meals in the lobby area are good.

The staff is helpful and friendly - I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The customer service the staff is trained to demonstrate is exceptional. Breakfast here was lovely and had a large variety. The pool was really nice, my two kids had a great time. Definitely a place for business travelers and people who have money. But also welcoming to the tattooed type (such as myslef and my husband). By no means modern, it has a lot of 5 star class. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Honestly, I prefer the Ascott makati because of the location and family friendly atmosphere but if you're looking for luxury and class, you MUST stay here.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This was my second stay at the Peninsula and was as good as ever. The hotel has impeccable service, which starts with the pick-up at the airport (own lounge with waiting area). Upon arrival you enter into an amazing lobby that is reminiscent of an old colonial hotel. Check-in was efficient and smooth and was shown to my room. My one complaint about the hotel is that the rooms are in hideous concrete blocks, which do not fit with the grand lobby area.

I had to be asked to be moved from my first room as there were kids screaming. I rang down to reception and they upgraded me to another room and had a person come up with the new key, so I did not need to go down to reception. New room was great - bigger and comfortable bed.

I was mostly in Manila for work so did not spend a lot of time in the hotel, though, did eat in the lobby lounge, which was open 24/7. Staff was very attentive and food was great. Each evening they always had a string quarter play, which provided a very nice ambiance.

I'll definitely be staying at the Peninsula next time I am in Manila.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business