New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #5 of 80 Hotels in Makati
Millers Point
“I got scammed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 5 nights ..loved the hotel staff extras but for the first time in 30 years I got scammed twice ...first time was the Friday night food market in the park near the shangri la .. The scam was .. Hi remember me was on the door when you arrived at peninsula ..knew at this stage I was alone extra walked me around market showed me the food and guess what it was his daughters 4 th birthday and hotel not giving him time off extra .. Needed birthday cake extra .. Then it came can u lend mr 1500 till tomorrow I am short.. Mug me gave it too him cause I had just changed some au $ and had more than I usually carrier ..my wife when she arrived said this is classic scam on lonely planet .. Next was I went on Saturday night to greehills and got into a taxi which was dropping off .. Got round the corner he said $50 to green hills and covered his meter I had been earlier knew it around 140 p trip anyway thought. I get 150 out of wallet and have ready for quick escape .. Guess what bad light no glasses I got a 500 note instead of 100 .. Realized as I gave it to him ... No way he give back .. Anyway hotel is so good it records for you the rego number of taxi so I was able to tell my story to the taxi board.. Lesson here guests get a taxi off the rank of the hotel .. We found July 63 yr old driver who looked after us for 2 days on a rate of $350 hour .. Great and knows all about Manila.. Anyway as I said peninsulas great but the stories of Manila are true lol

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Sekip

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

This is a great hotel - service, rooms, facilities & food are all great. The hotel is centrally located & several malls are walking distance from the hotel. I have stayed in the hotel 3 times & will continue to stay/recommend the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Aditya_Oli
Weston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel. Huge room, great pool (lap pool for swimmers ~25m) and a nice gym.

Upgraded me and my colleagues to apartment like rooms on the 11th floor. Really nice all around. Service and bar was great. Hotel is not brand new but well maintained.

There didn't seem to be much one could walk to from the hotel, but admittedly I didn't try too hard.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank TravelwithBrown
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Very good traditional classi Grand Hotel, wityh all bells & whistles. Bit slow on checkin (queue), The Loby, with live classic music quintet every evening, is breathtaking. Rooms are very good (though can hear elevator in room close to it, and weird beeping sound all night). Pool looks good from distance. Very central location. Free wifi. Friendly and overall fast staff

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank oxygen11
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

from the second i stepped into the hotel i knew I was going to enjoy my stay.

This is really a great hotel the staff really go the extra mile to put a smile on your face, from the early chek in to the late check out they what ever you need they will deliver to make you feel at home.

The rooms are really nice the location is excellent the staff is amazing what more can you ask for. The hotel rates are not bad for what you get.

My stay was short but I really enjoyed it and will go there again for sure.

Room Tip: High floor away from the lift.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Gomaam
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The last time i was in Manila is some 20 years ago. I used to enjoy staying at The Peninsula prior to that. This time i decided to re-visit the hotel with my wife as this is her first trip to Manila.
I was not disappointed. The hotel had obviously went through a major upgrade. New, grand, spacious, clean, impressive. The breakfast spread is fantastic! Sushi and shashimi as much as you want!
Room is spacious and bathroom generous.
The only thing i missed is the singing lobby with talented Philippines singers. Now its a small orchestral of 5-6 people. No singing of Philippines songs, just beautiful music. That's a loss!

Room Tip: Have a wine at the lobby in the evening. It's a wonderful experience, though my previous experie...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lyefei
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have stayed three times at the peninsula Manila: before our trip to the north (Luzon), between our trip to Palawan and before returning back home.

The check- in was very efficient and very kind, at all times when we arrived, at 2 am, 1 pm an 4 pm.

It was great how we could store our excess luggage during our trips, since we have had always luggage limitation (size and/or weight). It was always sent to our room upon our arrival. Our daughter loved the pool and the goodies in the room for her (cookies, DVD and drawing material).

The room size was good, even for 2 adults and our daughter 5 and well equipped.

As a world traveler I can really recommend this hotel.

We didn't use the spa, but it looked nice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank erlenbach_zh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Makati
New World Makati Hotel
Dusit Thani Manila
Dusit Thani Manila
#15 of 80 in Makati
4.0 of 5 stars 1,646 reviews

Been to The Peninsula Manila? Share your experiences!