I stayed here after staying at the Peninsula. The Shangri-La is definitely the best located hotel in Makati and most modern as well. But it's not really worth the $50-$75 premium that they hold over the Peninsula. It's not *that* great.
Pros: Good location, great gym, nice pool area, nice breakfast buffet. Good service.
Cons: Rooms are starting to show some wear and tear. There are chip marks and the desk drawers in my room would not pull out correctly. Also, it is not that much nicer than The Peninsula which is across the street. Also, the spa is ridiculously overpriced, even for a hotel spa.
Looking forward to the new Raffles hotel when it opens in Makati.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makati Shangri-La, Manila is located at the center of Manila's most prestigious business, shopping and entertainment district. Just 20 minutes away from the international airport, this award-winning hotel offers exquisite comfort and world class luxury. From its exceptionally spacious and beautifully appointed rooms to its lavish restaurants and exciting bars, its high-speed internet access to its full-service Spa and Fitness Center, Makati Shangri-La lives up to its reputation as Manilas leading hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Makati Shangri-La Manila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makati Shangri-La Manila Hotel Makati
- Shangri La Manila Makati
- Shangri La Makati
- Shangrila Makati
- Makati Shangri La Hotel
- Makati Shangri-La Manila Metro Manila