2,958 results
All reviews horizon club shang palace lobby lounge breakfast buffet health club business trip excellent hotel business district rooms are spacious business hotel five star hotel green belt makati area glorietta mall mango circle sage
Reviewed October 3, 2017

I was presently surprized how modern and attractive Manila was as a City, I was even more impressed when I arrived at the Shangri La Makati. What a fabulous hotel, security at the gate as many Asian Hotels have, sniffer dogs, X-Ray machines and a friendly pat down from security staff. But once inside the hotel I felt safe and welcomed. I stayed on the business floor utilizing the business centre and all that it had to offer. My room was large and spacious and elegantly appointed, the hotel service could not be faulted, they are so polite, accommodating and friendly. I had several meetings on site using the meeting rooms provided, it made doing business abroad very easy.
The restaurant with a smorgasbord down stairs was fabulous, the food was fresh and such an amazing selection, it caters for all Nationalities, you won't be disappointed.
This is a 5 Star hotel, if you have to go to Manila for business or pleasure, stay at the Shangri La Makati, such an amazing hotel, I highly recommend it. It's also close to major shopping Malls, you or your partner will love the pricing for items there. Great Value shopping.

Room Tip: The business floors are good if you wish to take advantage of the business centre and meeting rooms etc.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Alain B, Manager at Makati Shangri-La Manila, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2017

Dear tonetonetone,

Thank you for sharing with us your excellent review during your stay at Makati Shangri-La, Manila.

I am glad that you enjoyed everything that we offered for you to have a fabulous stay with us. I appreciate your kind words about our facilities, services and friendly staff. I will definitely share your commendations with my team. This is an affirmation and encouragement for us to continue in giving our best service to you, our valued guest.

It is a pleasure to have you and I look forward to welcome you again at Makati Shangri-La, Manila.

Reviewed October 2, 2017

We stayed in this hotel at the Horizon Club. It was a wonderful experience. The room was very comfortable. The minibar was complimentary upon arrival including a bottle of wine. The evening cocktail was the highlight with free flowing of alcoholic drinks. The staff at Horizon Club were very attentive. However we found that foods was not replenished quick enough. Overall we enjoyed ourselves very much staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Alain B, General Manager at Makati Shangri-La Manila, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2017

Dear dvdsinmk071161,

Thank you for sharing with us your "Wonderful" review during your stay at Makati Shangri-La, Manila.

It is truly a delight to know that you had a wonderful experience during your stay with us. I appreciate your kind words and will definitely share your commendations with the rest of my team. This is an affirmation and encouragement for us to continue in giving our best service to you, our valued guest.

Reviewed October 1, 2017

First time to Manila and arrived at the Shangi-La where a woman whose name was Precious met me at the door and took me to my room. She was very cordial and made sure I had everything I needed to check in and be aware of my surroundings. She was very attentive and made the first impression for the hotel very positive. The staff from the people at the security check, to the door, to the housekeeping team, etc. were all very nice, smiled and said hello. I really felt like they cared. The room was very nice. I had one on the Horizon Club level which was nice, but didn't take advantage of the club because we were quite busy. The bed was comfortable, the room was meticulously cleaned every day, and I felt very cafe and secure in the hotel and with my belongings.

There was only one issue that I ran into in a week long stay. Room service delivered food that was quite frankly inedible. I didn't bother to complain because it was late at night, but had ordered fish & chips and they arrived dripping in oil and tasted absolutely horrible. Should I have said something, yes, did I, no. I was really happy with everything else at the hotel and really didn't want to sour an incredible experience. The long and short of it, great hotel, great staff, but I would have to say order room service with only the basics anyone can make in mind......

Room Tip: Horizon Club was quiet and the rooms are great.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business

Dear Dan M,

I am glad that you enjoyed our your stay and I appreciate your kind words about our friendly service staff. I have take note of your comments and I will definitely share your commendations with my team. This is an affirmation and encouragement for us to continue in giving our best service to you, our valued guest.

Reviewed October 1, 2017

For the past 15 years, this is the only hotel I stay in every time I go home to the Philippines. This hotel makes me feel safe and they have all the luxurious amenities that makes you feel special.

The staff are the best! Special mention to Mr. Jaime Garcia who is one of the hotel conceirge. Mr. Garcia was so pleasant and ensure your luggage is handle with care. He will answer all your questions regarding the hotel amenities and services. The breakfast buffet has variety of dishes. Special mention to Ms. Christina and Ms. Belle for their attentiveness and always willing to serve us.

Highly recommend to try the hotel limo service. If you want to get around town safely, their driver are amazing. Special mention to Joey Trinidad who drove me around and serve as my body guard while going to crowded churches and night market.

Sincerely recommend this hotel if and when you're in Makati area.

Stayed: September 2017

Dear Myla T,

I am glad that you enjoyed our facilities and services. I appreciate your kind words and will definitely share your commendations especially with Jaime, Christina and Belle and with the rest of my team. This is an affirmation and encouragement for us to continue in giving our best service to you, our valued guest.

Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

Location is perfect for visiting makati city.
Breakfast is a huge spread and most important is you get Indian options. This was my second visit and prefer this place always. You have options to visit nearby malls like Greenbelt and other malls.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled on business

Dear DevendraW,

Thank you for sharing with us your detailed review during your stay at Makati Shangri-La, Manila.

It is truly a delight to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our central location and dining outlets. I truly appreciate your kind words and will definitely share your commendations with my team. This is an affirmation and encouragement for us to continue in giving our best service to you, our valued guest.