2,946 results
All reviewshorizon clubshang palacelobby loungebreakfast buffethealth clubbusiness tripexcellent hotelbusiness districtrooms are spaciousbusiness hotelfive star hotelgreen beltmakati areaglorietta mallmangocirclesage
Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

I had an opportunity to enjoy many of the amenities this hotel has to offer. I will start by saying the staff here are tremendously attentive..... housekeeping, pool staff, circus restaurant staff were all great. My room was a nice size and quiet. I was working the night shift and needed to sleep during the day. Buffet breakfast at Circus was amazing and catered to many cultures .... included in my room rate and well worth it. Shuts down at 10:30 am sharp. The gym is large... a wide away of equipment, and some early morning classes for spinning/yoga that were pretty good. Pool staff and the food available at the pool were also great.!! I had one deep tissue massage in the spa.... it was excellent but quite expensive compared to nearby options. I will definitely return!!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Alain B, General Manager at Makati Shangri-La Manila, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2017

Dear scott_koetke,

Thank you for sharing with us your excellent review during your stay at Makati Shangri-La, Manila.

It is truly a delight to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate your kind words about our staff and hotel amenities and will definitely share your commendations with the rest of my team. This is an affirmation and encouragement for us to continue in giving our best service to you, our valued guest.

It is a pleasure to have you and I look forward to welcome you again at Makati Shangri-La, Manila.

Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for a business trip as an alternative to the other Shang properties in the area. Typically I stay in EDSA but felt I needed to try this hotel out. Physically this hotel, in my opinion, was much nicer than the other property. The SPA was not as nice a Chi at EDSA due to how Golden Circle points work but I got past that. The bar in the lobby area was a nice retreat from the typical lounge singer, however, the band that played each night that I went in was always the same. Need some variety folks. Let's get past the '80's music and start singing some better tunes. The multiple malls nearby made it easy to escape from the hotel to try different things out food wise. Like most hotels, eating onsite is expensive, so try the places at the Greenbelt.

1  Thank Allen M

Dear Allen M,

I appreciate your kind words about our hotel amenities. I have take note of your comments and will discuss them internally with the rest of the team. This is an affirmation and encouragement for us to continue in giving our best service to you, our valued guest.

Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

Best Hotel in Makati, Manila. Stay for 3 nights in this beautiful and grand hotel. The hotel staff are all very friendly and very helpful. The room is extremely spacious and clean. Even the toilet too is big and include a shower room and Bathtub too. The hotel spa is run 24 hours. Hotel international buffet breakfast counter is extremely delicious and the service staff are friendly and always ready to serve with a smile. Next to a giant shopping mall, with lot of restaurants and shops. Will definitely come back when ever I am in Manila, Makati area.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Alain B, General Manager at Makati Shangri-La Manila, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

Dear DesmondOngyh,

I am glad that you enjoyed our central location, dining outlets, and friendly service staff. I truly appreciate your kind words and will definitely share your commendations with my team. This is an affirmation and encouragement for us to continue in giving our best service to you, our valued guest.

Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

This review is for the horizon club room. Highly recommended if you have the budget!

PROS:
- very friendly and knowledgeable staff (from the front desk to room service)
- good variety for the buffet breakfast (although definitely more variety in Circles compared to the Horizon Club)
- locitane toiletries a lot better than most in house 5 star brand toiletries
- complimentary first round of mini bar was awesome
- check in can be done in the room
- room service is quick

CONS:
- room and furniture are quite dated (caulking was coming off in the shower, lights flickering when turned on)
- cleanliness could be better (especially the windows/window sills)
- we were not allowed to check out in room even though it's part of the horizon club benefits

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear LT_Van,

I am glad that you acknowledged our horizon club for having friendly service staff, good variety of food selection for the buffet breakfast, better toiletries, our complimentary mini bar and our room check in service. I truly appreciate your kind words and I have take note of your comments and will discuss them internally with the rest of the team.

Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

I really cannot brag about this hotel but really is, it has the best location from the center of Manila, that is surrounded by office buildings, shopping malls (green belt 1-4), supermarkets, etc.

The hotel staff were super friendly and made you feel welcome in so many ways. It has various offers of breakfast selection, which is another plus aspect of this hotel.

Overall very good!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Alain B, General Manager at Makati Shangri-La Manila, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2017

Dear Sendy H,