“A perennial favorite”

Makati Shangri-La Manila
Ranked #11 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed June 4, 2014

At this point, I would not even consider staying at any other hotel in Makati. The level of service, comfort, food and entertainment at the Shangri-la is unmatched. I always try and book a suite here because in addition to the extra space, it affords access to the Horizon Club with it's personal breakfast service, afternoon tea and early evening cocktails, the latter noted for premium wine service and a wide variety of appealing appetizers. The 18 piece orchestra performance late afternoons in the beautiful lobby is an added plus.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Alain B, General Manager at Makati Shangri-La Manila, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Dear Edison G, Thank you for always making us your hotel of choice when you are in Manila. Your points are well noted, which I will make sure to pass on to the rest of my team. I hope to see you back in the hotel when you are back in the Philippines.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,810)

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I booked the cheapest room here for one night before catching an early flight the next day. The room layout anddesign was quote impressive- love the wood paneling and feng shui feel! Our room service breakfast was 30 minutes delayed which I did not appreciate, however, the food (once it arrived) was wonderful. We ate at Sage, their restaurant, the night before and it was absolutely wonderful. Only complaint was delay in room service (which to me reflects a failure in overall service component), otherwise a great place to stay in manila.

Stayed: May 2014

Dear Jetti G, Thank you for your feedback. While I’m happy that you had a great stay, I apologize for the delay in service, and will be sure to work with the in-room dining team to make this an improvement. I hope you choose to stay with us again when you find yourself back in Manila.

Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Not a huge fan of Manila, but this hotel makes you forget you are there. Rooms are well appointed with soothing colors and great use of space. Ordered room service and delivery was attentive an presentation beautiful. Great room mini bar. I recommend the restaurant Sage as well. Sommelier was awesome.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear JAG1824, I’m glad that you had a great time in Manila while in Makati Shangri-La. Thank you for the great feedback, and I hope to see you back in the hotel when you find yourself back in this city.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

We had an awesome stay at Makati Shang ri La Hotel. Check in was a breeze and they allowed us to have an early check in and a late check out plus they gave me free surprise birthday cake.

We loved the room and the bed. And my daughter loved the pool and of course I did too because I was able to do lapses. They had a designated area where you can do that. the breakfast buffet was also yummy and very filling.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear sachism, I hope you had a great birthday celebration with your loved ones. Thank you for choosing to spend this special day in the hotel, and I truly appreciate your positive comments. I hope to find you back in the hotel with your family for another staycation.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

On a business trip, in the heart of the financial and commercial district of Manila, awesome Shangri-La property.

The hotel was around a 20 minute drive from the airport. Its located quite conveniently and is within walking distance to cinemas, premium shopping malls and trendy bars and restaurants. Very warm and friendly staff (esp Nico)

I spent one of evening taking a stroll in the park across the hotel. For the Indians, there is an Indian restaruant just next door like 2 mins walk from outside the hotel.I think its Bombay something the name of the restaurant.

The hotel has a good health club and spa facilities, with the fitness center I guess its open until midnight.

An absolute treat, should be a 99% chance to return to the luxurious Makati Shangri-La provides the absolute best in location and service for travelers to Makati.
(Sorry couldn't find the pics! will locate and upload soon)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear sameerpshah,

Thank you for an insightful feedback on your stay. We also have an Indian section in the buffet at Circles Event Cafe, I hope you had the chance to try that while you were here. I look forward to the photos you took, and I hope to see you back here on your next visit to Manila.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

I stayed at "the Shang" last week after an absence of several months and was both pleased and somewhat surprised to have been welcomed back by name by the check-in staff, and this even prior to my saying a word or presenting a credit card. That's impressive.

The room was as I remembered, spacious, well appointed and immaculate and the amenities--as one would and should expect from a five star hotel--we're plentiful and of e highest quality. Aside from some relatively slow service at the pool bar, the rest of the service was impeccable as always. The only food that I sampled was breakfast, where the buffet was as profuse as I remembered, and in the Horizon club, which was excellent.

This is a hotel that has, throughout the years, maintained the highest possible standards in both its physical plant and its services, unlike many establishments here that may begin on a high note, but decline rapidly thereafter. The Shang remains one of my two favorite hotels in. Makati, and in the future I'll split my time between the two.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Michael L,

Thank you for a wonderful feedback, and for making Makati Shangri-La your place of stay when you’re in town. I’m happy to hear your positive comments, and we always look forward to having you back in the hotel. I hope to see you back here on your next visit.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

I stayed here with my family for business and pleasure and I must say that the experience this time was great! room was neat, services were great just how a luxury hotel should be.
I would always recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
Thank Christopher Emm... C

Dear Christopher, Thank you for the kind words, and making us your hotel of choice when in Manila. I look forward to welcome you and your family back in the hotel when your travels bring you back to the city in the future.