Makati Shangri-La Manila
Raffles Makati(Makati)
$250
$197
  • Pool
City Garden Hotel Makati(Makati)(Great Value!)
$48
$96
$76
Priceline
2,886 results
All reviewshorizon clubshang palacelobby loungebreakfast buffethealth clubbusiness tripexcellent hotelrooms are spaciousbusiness districtbusiness hotelgreen beltfive star hotelmakati areaglorietta mallmangocirclesage
Reviewed October 1, 2008

5 nights of sheer delight in the Horizon Club at Makati Shangri La, we simply could not fault this hotel.
From the moment we arrived we were made to feel like the most important guest's ever and the level or service is the highest we have experienced. Our room on the 27th floor was spacious and kept immaculately clean with a doting but not obvious trustworthy housekeeping staff. From the charming ladies who opened the doors on arrival to the girls who dashed about finding us the fastest elevator, never a sour face, always a smile and a zillion good mornings etc.
The ladies who man the desk in the Horizon Club are to be commended, always polite, friendly and genuine as are all the staff in the club, the chef is to be commended also, superb food and such a great variety morning and evening. This Horizon Club really goes all out and I would recommend anyone making a booking to upgrade, it is worth every dollar.
The hotel oozes ambience from the moment you arrive, sparkling and grand yet friendly, the lobby lounge with its evening orchestra is truly a delight, all very grand yet not at all stuffy.
The hotel location is great, easy access to the airport , shopping malls and major business very close by.
We were delighted with Manila, so many negative reviews regarding the tight security, we never felt threatened or uncomfortable, security everywhere was polite and friendly with no intimidation at all, they are there to do a job and they do it well.
Traffic in Manila can be a headache, but plan ahead and take the stress out of the day.
Great tip...Super shopping with excellent prices and very friendly service.
Would we return, you bet, back in April 2009, Manila And Shangri
La for sure...
Take an afternoon to explore the ruins at Intramurous, guides are friendly and insightful, prices reasonable, this city has a lot of hidden history treasures.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank QueenslandDudes
Reviewed September 30, 2008

I stayed for a month long business trip and there was nothing I loved more than coming back to the hotel after a long day at the office or on the beach! The whole hotel has a very relaxing feel to it from the small water falls in the hallways near the elevators to the relaxing smell of lavender every where to the relaxing pool area.

The food was great, I wasn't afraid to try food I'd never had before. The staff in Circles was very helpful with any questions I had about what something was from the sushi bar to the desert bar. I recommend the Halo-Halo if you've never had, what a fun desert! Everything is fresh on the buffet; nothing is left in pans to cook to mush like you see here in the states. The staff at the grill was always more than happy to make me a pasta dish from pasta carbora or spaghetti Bolognese. They had a Thai theme while I was there, which was another opportunity to try food I've never had before, but also because they had 4 ladies, dressed in Thai dresses, in the entryway that would do a traditional Thai dance. Room service is top notch as well.

The room was fabulous, so plush and comfortable except for the bed that was as hard as board. The cleaning staff was great, a little obsessive about cleaning every day. At times they would knock on the door or call me if they were not allowed to clean the room because I left on the Do Not Disturb sign on. But when I called them to let them know my schedule, I worked nights, they were very respectful in making sure they cleaned when I was at the office. I didn't have any further issues! They would leave fresh fruit in the room every time they cleaned. This usually was bananas, mangos, oranges and apples. They made sure they left fruit in the room that I liked.

The pool was wonderful on the hot days, but the pool bar was too expensive for my taste. I ordered a cherry tea that ended up being $5.00USD. It didn't taste like a $5.00 tea.

The lobby is beautiful the refresh the big flower display every weekend. Everyone was helpful all the time, whether at 6am or at Midnight. The Front Desk and Concierge Desk were always friendly and willing to help with getting directions or exchanging money for that next shopping trip to Greenhills. The grand stair cases are beautiful. I saw at least 1 newlywed couple came in to get their wedding pictures taken there. The hotel information in the room says the lobby has a dress code. The ladies in the lobby from the front desk to the door greeters all wear beautiful dresses designed by a local.

Security was great! They have a wonderful system of writing the taxi cab's information down before you get in "just encase" you loose something in the cab or anything else. They were all very professional, but didn't mind answering questions (with a smile) when I asked why they carried around a strange contraption that looked like a wire connected to an aerosol can. I always felt secure whether outside the hotel or within the hotel.

This entire hotel made sure this business trip was the best I've ever had!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank purplepanthar
Reviewed September 28, 2008

A geat hotel with some lovely facilities. The breakfasts were indeed something to behold as they catered for all tastes from around the world.
Do be aware though that in the evening the Conways bar is a bar where Filipino girls are looking for personal business. In the evenings the area of residences are populated with girls looking for business as well. There is no where that you can avoid this unless you have a beer in your room. Management seemed to turn a blind eye to this business, which I have subsequently raised with the hotel

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
9  Thank sparkshamilton
Reviewed September 27, 2008

If you're a local you could get a waaay lower rate (you'd need to show ID proving you're a local), so I had a relative who lives in Manila contact the hotel directly for a reservation and check me into the hotel. Best hotel I've ever stayed at... So decadent... Almost to the point of being sickening (especially considering it's located in a newly industrialized country)... The room was amazing... The work-out facilities were amazing (the huge jacuzzi had a marble waterfall)... There was a grass tennis court on one of the upper floors... The breakfast was great... The staff was very attentive and cheery... Security was pretty tight... It's a pity that there's so much poverty just a few miles away... Gloria Macapagal gave a speech there while I was staying... Hotel is very close to Makati shopping...

• Stayed: January 2004
2  Thank castorpollux01
Reviewed September 1, 2008

We spent one night there using their holiday rate. We stayed at their deluxe room, used the spa, had airport limo pick up and drop off and ate at their restaurant. Emails were responded to within 24 hours.

1) Room: 5/5 with comfortable beds, 2 types of robes (japanese style and terry cloth), little extras like bath salts, "art" lights (mini bar turns on), (2) complimentary bottles of water, flashlight, umbrella, free shoe shine etc.

2) Spa - 5/5 I used their spa next to the gym since they have 24 hour spa service. They come to your room as an option for the same price. Tip: from 10 am to 3 pm, they have 30% discount. The only downside was that my masseuse talked too much but that is only a minor irritation. The rooms have showers, it was beautifully decorated and their tea was delicious. (7 herbs). The price was right with a discount.

3) Limo service - 5/5, 2 bottles of water, cold towels, professional service, new cars. Overpriced as expected but it was worth the convenience. Use only as a perk.

4) Extras: 5/5 for security and customer service. We had no complaints and there was security cameras everywhere. The corridors was well lit and had airconditioning. Tried the restaurant in the lobby. It was not bad. I would give it a 3/5 for food and 5/5 for ambience. They had a tennis court, their gym had new equipments and they also had a hair salon on site.

Overall, I wish we had stayed longer. I had reviewed Mandarin Oriental and had stayed at the Intercontinental but nothing beats the Shangri-la in Makati.

• Stayed: September 2008