“Nice Hotel”

Makati Shangri-La Manila
Ranked #11 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stayed here twice and was never disappointed. The staff were all friendly and accommodating. My room was on the 7th floor overlooking the front of the hotel and I had a nice view. The buffet restaurant was never disappointing. A lot of choices of food to eat. My friends and I met here for dinner and we had a blast. I would recommend this hotel for anyone planning to stay in Makati.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Alain B, General Manager at Makati Shangri-La Manila, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Annminky,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Makati Shangri-La. I am glad to know you enjoyed your stay and the dining options. My colleagues and I hope to see you again soon should your future visits bring you back to Makati.

Area Manager / General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,788)

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Everything about this hotel was amazing so many staff to assist you rooms are immaculate room service delicious and a wonderful location really good pool area serving nice cocktails really central location

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Keith B

Dear Keith B,

Thank you for your kind words. I am glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us. Since you like cocktails, you may want to check out our newly opened Sage Tapas Bar as well when you return to Manila. We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Stayed for a long weekend - three nights in a Horizon Deluxe King room with access to the Horizon lounge, all in all the my stay was nice, the room was clean although showing a little wear and tear in places due to age and usage, the amenities were excellent and the staff courteous and attentive at all times. As this was my first time at a Shangri-La property (excluding Trader Hotels) I was expediting something a little extra special, especially so as I was staying in the club/Horizon category, it appears my expectations were on this occasion a little too high.

The lounge access for canapés and drinks is timed from 5pm till 7pm which from my experience is early, they also don’t provide champagne only sparkling wine which was for me disappointment, they continue serving wine until 9pm. I also found the overall ambience and décor lacking. I've stayed opposite the Shangri-La in the Peninsula Hotel which although a little dated itself has that little bit better feel especially in the club lounge.

As I was arriving at the hotel after 4pm I had to send them my credit card details to secure and guarantee the room, I don’t like giving my credit card details out especially over the phone or on email but had little choice....

Room Tip: It was confirmed to me that the daily room rate differs depending on the hotel occupancy, this is so...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Razer67

Dear Razer67,

Thank you for your detailed review on your recent stay at the hotel. Your comments have been duly noted and we have shared these with the team. It is always good to know what we can improve on. We hope you can experience our services and facilities again in the future.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

The staff of Shangri-la Makati defines the quality of customer service. Their attention to detail which they provide their patronage all day long, for going the extra mile gave me a lasting impression. The staff is very polite, courteous, professional and helpful in particular Ms AYA who assisted me during check in.

Shangri-la Makati is conveniently located very close to the shopping areas (easily 3 shopping malls located within 100m radius). The rooms are very cozy and provides everything needed for a stay to feel at home.

Breakfast at Sage is highly recommended if you are having breakfast meeting. Circles event cafe on the other hand offer international buffet breakfast which is very comprehensive. Japanese restaurant Inagiku was also great. Unfortunately while having breakfast on my last day, I discovered foreign creature from one of the dishes which I had selected from the buffet spread. I guess it was just not my day.

Room Tip: Get front desk to assign higher floors as noise pollution due to traffic can be quite nuisance when...
1  Thank msyen

Dear Ms. Yen,

On behalf of the team, we would like to thank you for your review and for commending our colleague Aya. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your meal experiences, in particular breakfast at Sage, which just recently opened. We hope you can try the tapas bar at Sage as well on your future visit and look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

The location of this hotel, the friendly staff and the cleanness of this hotel is amazing. i would recomend this place to any one to stay when they visit philippines . Worth the money spend.
Hope this is was help full.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
2  Thank Moses A

Dear Moses A,

Thank you very much for your kind review. We hope to welcome you again in Makati Shangri-La should your future travels bring you back to Manila.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night for business. The hotel rooms could use a bit of a facelift but service is great and despite being old, you can tell the staff go to great pains to be thoughtful in what they put in the room and the small details.

Pros:
- Location. In the heart of Makati and the CBD
- Rooms are spacious. I got upgraded to a suite, which was a nice surprise. Large bathroom with separate shower and bathtub, though only one sink. There was also a bidet
- Really great attention to details. Bathroom had all the toiletries and soaps neatly laid out and though the bathtub was old and attached to the wall, there was a separate chair/stool under the sink to use as a table. Fruit platter was well-presented with a sharp knife and plates for eating the fruit. 2 international plugs at the desk
- Service was great and very friendly. There was a mix up with car arrangements for me, which were promptly taken care of (with many apologies)
- Really great and well-equipped gym. Generally, larger and better equipped than most average gyms
- One of the best breakfast spreads of have seen. Lots of choices

Cons:
- Rooms are old. For example, the thermostat is still a dial thermostat and not digital and there is no centralized lighting system
- I went to the spa in the evening for a massage. The spa itself could probably use a facelift too. The entrance is actually through the gym (which I thought was strange) and the spa itself was not particularly "fancy" or "luxurious". The massage itself was good but the experience itself feels like it needs some work. For example, I was asked to take my robe off but there was no where to hang it so it was thrown on the chair. After the massage, I was asked to sit in the chair (that still had the robe on it) for tea and fruit (which still had the saran wrap on it)
- Food overall is pretty average

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Great hotels go beyond metrics and make it on intangibles. Walk through the lobby of this Shangri-La on a Thursday afternoon and you will hear an orchestra of 14 young women playing classical music, for me it was a Strauss waltz. I can back after one day away and got the same desk clerk who had checked me out. He treated me almost as a long-lost brother and asked where I had been. He got me my room without a wait even though it wasn't quite noon. Service throughout is flawless and friendly.

The rooms are not boring rectangles but have curved walls and indented dome ceilings. The walls feature light-colored woods and the colors everywhere are muted and relaxing. Wifi is fast and free. Bathrooms are large and modern. Breakfast and lunch buffets at Circles, one of the lobby restaurants, offer a vast selection, and are as good as buffets can be.

I returned to the nearly-full Lobby Lounge in the evening for a glass of wine. There were 4 tall, slender hostesses in red sarongs, and on this evening 3 of them glided around the room gracefully, while the fourth, bent at the waist, stomped around like a farmer in work boots. A pianist at the grand piano played schlocky tunes like the Sound of Music and Phantom of the Opera, but when he went on break, a bit of the air went out of the room. When he came back, he began with "What a Wonderful World". And it is.

Room Tip: They all seem good.

Dear David W,

Thank you for your wonderful review on Makati Shangri-La, Manila. We look forward to continue delighting you with engaging experiences straight from our hearts.