I love the Makati Shangrila. I always stay here when I am home in Manila for a couple of days before I head out to the airport and back to LA, because is it close to the Ninoy Aquino Intl Airport but still very centrally located to all the dining and shopping. This hotel is in the heart of Makati, so it is in a densely packed neighborhood next to other hotels and the malls, so very convenient. Once you enter the hotel, you will be greeted by many security screeners and staff who weed out the riff raff and let you in the palace. You will suddenly be greeted by a sensory overload-the signature fragrant Shang scent and the opulence of the lobby and the grand staircase. Gorgeous Filipina women in long Chinese dresses greet you and usher you in the the reception, where you will be checked in very efficiently. The rooms are beautiful-I have stayed in a suite one time and executive room in another, all of which afford views of the pool or the Makati skyline. The bathroom is very spacious, his and hers sinks, the shower and tub, the toilet and the curious bidet. Most hotels have done away with the bidet and very few American hotels even have it anymore but it was a nice extra thing to have. The one curious quirk is that the blowdryer was in the vanity desk outside and not in the bathroom! There's plenty of room, fresh clean sheets and turn down service giving dried mango instead of chocolate, which is a refreshing change. There's also the luxurious robes, bath slippers and shoehorn which most hotels don't even provide anymore. The last time I stayed I remembered they used L'Occitane but now they have their own toiletries, which is not bad. Didn't have much time to use the facilities but the pool was busy and sunny with beautiful people. The Circles buffet was spectacular though-lots of food to cater to every palate. There are lots of businessmen, returning residents/balikbayans and expatriates. When I came home for Christmas, the lobby was alive with a full choir, and then this past time it was Chinese New Year and the lobby was replete with a red Chinese prosperity tree. Very festive indeed!
I love the delicious restaurants around there, the UFCC coffee and the shopping at Landmark!
Home away from home!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makati Shangri-La, Manila is located at the center of Manila's most prestigious business, shopping and entertainment district. Just 20 minutes away from the international airport, this award-winning hotel offers exquisite comfort and world class luxury. From its exceptionally spacious and beautifully appointed rooms to its lavish restaurants and exciting bars, its high-speed internet access to its full-service Spa and Fitness Center, Makati Shangri-La lives up to its reputation as Manilas leading hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Makati Shangri-La Manila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makati Shangri-La Manila Hotel Makati
- Shangri La Manila Makati
- Shangri La Makati
- Shangrila Makati
- Makati Shangri La Hotel
- Makati Shangri-La Manila Metro Manila