There are 3 hotels on my company's preferred list for Manila and this is the 3rd one I've stayed in. Oh how I wish this had been the 1st!
Having pre-arranged airport pickup (yes an airport taxi would have been a lot cheaper) my journey from customs to hotel room was so seamless as to make the added expense worthwhile. The driver was probably the best driver I've had in Manila, almost to the point of me not realising I was back in Manila's crazy traffic. Wifi, bottled water, hot towel - what more could someone want in the 20 minute journey from airport to hotel? I know what - a discreet call from the driver to alert the hotel to my imminent arrival so I was met at the car door and escorted straight to my room, checking in via their ipad.
The room was comfortable, with lots of circles and curves making it a welcome change from the usual boxy layouts of hotel rooms. Compared to the other hotels I've stayed in here it was in very good condition, well lit and with contemporary artwork. The bed was comfortable, so much so that I got a good night's sleep on my first night.
The bathroom had a separate bath and shower, the latter being very spacious.
I was impressed by the variety of options available on room service, something I often struggle with. The food delivered was good even if mixed vegetable and seafood tempura = 8 prawns + 1 mushroom. This is the Philippines - get used to the lack of vegetables.
Breakfast in Circles was all that I had anticipated and more. There were choices reflecting all sorts of different breakfasting habits, healthy and otherwise.
I met colleagues for a drink in the outdoor section of Conways. This would be a great place to relax but for the incessant noise of Manila traffic in rush hour. Don't let that put you off though, you can soon blank it out.
All the staff I encountered were exceptional. They seem to have struck the right balance between efficiency, service and friendliness without overdoing that last point.
Altogether, if I need a hotel in Manila again, this will be my first choice by a long shot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makati Shangri-La, Manila is located at the center of Manila's most prestigious business, shopping, and entertainment district. Just 20 minutes away from the international airport, this award-winning hotel offers exquisite comfort and world class luxury. From its exceptionally spacious and beautifully appointed rooms to its lavish restaurants and exciting bars, its high-speed internet access to its full-service Spa and Fitness Center, Makati Shangri-La lives up to its reputation as Manilas leading hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Makati Shangri-La Manila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makati Shangri-La Manila Hotel Makati
- Shangri La Manila Makati
- Shangri La Makati
- Shangrila Makati
- Makati Shangri La Hotel
- Makati Shangri-La Manila Metro Manila