“really great hotel!”

Makati Shangri-La Manila
Ranked #11 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed May 26, 2011

My family and I had a grand time here 2 weeks ago....We really had fun and I'd definitely consider this one of the best if not the best hotel in Metro Manila. Hotel staff as a whole is very warm and accommodating and buffet at Circles was something else, too. Will stay there again very soon!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank mclaire_1964

Reviewed May 19, 2011

I love visiting Manila. And staying at he shangri-la made it even better. Great hotel, lovely staff, great food, brilliant fitness facilities (no.1 gym by far in all hotels i have stayed in), lovely rooms which are quiet and very comfy.

Will stay here every time no doubt. And i loved the promotion which entitled me to have free laundry etc. Great for a business traveller.

Thanks makati shangri la for making my trip to Manila better than last time.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank kkv1981
Reviewed May 10, 2011

I felt like royalty staying here, stayed in Horizon club and whilst rooms are slightly run down the service and extras provided were fabulous. Nothing was to difficult and everyone had a smile. We used a driver every day to take us where we needed to go and spent hours walking around the surronding shopping centres bringing home bags of goodies each night.

We ate at the buffet each night and with the AUD dollar so strong at the moment ate and lived like Kings. Would 100% stay here again, a beautiful hotel that have gone out of there way to provide exceptional service.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank CherieClenick
Reviewed April 28, 2011

My third stay at the Makati Shangri-la and i remembered the reason I will continue to return. Staff were polite and attentive, there is a good choice of restaurants (e.g. Shang Palace offers great dim sum). Rooms are comfortable and staff will help with any request with a charming and helpful manner. The Horizon Club rooms are worth the extra benefits, such as check in and out, breakfast and evening canapés. Have stayed in other five star hotels in Makati and feel that the Shangri-la is definitely an excellent choice in terms of facilities and location

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank brettnwau
Reviewed April 28, 2011

I was traveling for business in Manila and stayed at the Shangri-La after hearing colleagues rave about the hotel. I stayed for two nights. From the minute I landed at the airport, the service was excellent. I had booked a car that drove me straight to the hotel, which had a vast and beautiful lobby. I had requested a king size bed online and also called the concierge to confirm that this bed was available however when I arrived in the room, they had pushed two full size beds together to make a king (which they pointed out). In my opinion, this isn't a king size bed because you can fall between the two full size beds. The room included a dish of chocolates and had fresh fruit which was replaced the next day. The bathroom fixtures were a little old but everything was clean. I used the bathtub although I didn't know when the last time it was cleaned. Aside from these two criticisms, my stay was very good. The location is excellent, in the heart of shopping and restaurants so in between meetings I could keep myself busy. The hotel is also in close proximity to the business district so I was able to walk to the office. Between the Intercontinental and Shangri-La I would choose Shangri-La although I hear the Peninsula is even nicer. The service is indeed fantastic at Shangri-La and I would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank nycbuttercup
Reviewed April 15, 2011

Welcoming, attentive and helpful - the staff were great. Hotel was impressive, especially the entertainment in the main lobby bar.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank Hamstersndwally
Reviewed April 3, 2011

I have been several times to this hotel on business trip and I can absolutely recomend it.

No waiting time, very friendly and professional staff, spacious and clean rooms.

Regarding the food, the breakfast is really an experience :-)

Among the restaurants in the hotel, the japanese one is the one I prefer.

Now the price is higher than in other places but if you have the budget, don´t miss it !

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business