New World Makati Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
3,757 results
All reviewsresidence clubgreenbelt mallgreen beltbusiness tripthe club loungeexcellent locationbreakfast buffetexcellent staystar hotelconvenient locationliving roomdollyshoppingwilsonmanilajasminesecurity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 16, 2009

The location of this hotel, renamed the One World about a month ago, couldn't be better - just across the road from Greenbelt 5 and the strip of bars such as Havana Club, restaurants, etc. Really couldn't hope for a better placement. However, the rooms are tired and in need of renovation although I must admit they were spotlessly clean. Service lackluster at best and nowhere near what you'd get at the Ascott or Peninsula. Breakfast was very good. Bottom line, if location is your primary concern then this is a good choice. If you're after legendary service go for the Peninsula.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Mplus2
Reviewed December 4, 2009

We have stayed at this hotel multiple times over the years and every time i check out I am overcharged.
Our last stay we were upgraded to a Club Level room for 50USD (no bargain). inclusive of wifi and breakfast. Our original room was 95. at check out the bill was 225. I am not a penny pincher and hate scrutinizing bills but this time i had enough. So here i am doing the line by line to figure it out.
The biggest overcharge is the breakfast buffet at over 1000 pesos per guest (20+usd). The buffet is ok but 1000 P is insane. The a la carte prices are also extremely high and if you ask for a menu you can feel the server sigh.
I feel no matter what the price i am quoted for check in the check out price will be higher. We had the front desk write down "breakfast included" on our room key envelope trip before and that was the only time it has not shown up on the check out bill.
On a better note, WE have always enjoyed the rooms and service at the hotel. nothing over the top but always safe and clean. Ask for a room on the front side of the hotel as the back of the hotel is lined by a busy street and it is heard even at 20 floors up.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bigtravelCalifornia
Reviewed November 23, 2009

The hotel was rebranded to New World Hotel last month, so it is no longer Renaissance and no Marriot Rewards programme.

I had a Club room and all was well, the bed was comfortable, good shower in a separate cubible, good range of amenities, toiletries had wonderful yuzu and bergamot scent, etc.

There are 3 stations for internet access at the Club Lounge. Drinks and fruits are available throughout the day but no afternoon tea, just breakfast and evening cocktail (can be a meal on its own). Breakfast, if you are not pressed for time, is best to have it at the restaurant on the ground floor. Comprehensive spread, with good sushi and even an Indian station. It is usually busy so service could be a little less attentative.

Location is great, Landmark supermarket is nearby and Greenbelt is just opposite the hotel.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank chezkelly
Reviewed November 16, 2009

I was sold with the convenience of the location of the hotel. I was very excited indeed to stay there as is it just right in the centre of Makati and walking distance with the best shopping area in town. Security is always tight in any hotels in Manila however did not really see the point of the metal detector in the entrance of the hotel. There were occasions that I would walk pass by it without even being checked. Depends really on what time of the day. Usually at passed midnight they are a bit of slacker. It seems like security is just for a show.

The front desk was kind enough to serve us but the entire time she just looked at her computer while she was serving us. We were excited to see the view of our room as she had her placed in a high location corner view. However, as we looked around the hotel, the bathroom cleanliness and hotel beds were poor. Bathroom amenities were missing. Boxes of amenities were empty. Bed sheets were not clean and stained from who knows where. We immediately called front desk to have us transferred but they were full. We asked them to clean the room and hopefully in our return it will be all done.

When we returned to the hotel, we were shocked as they used the same sheets without even carefully checking. Bathroom amenities were stocked however missed the cockroach sitting in the light fixtures. It was horrible.

As we returned late night that day. Me and my friend slept and cramped on one single size bed as the other the bed with stains are not ready for use. The next day. I immediately spoke to room service with the same complain. As we returned back to the room late afternoon, it was the same sheet that was used. That night i was very upset and immediately requested for the General Managers line to complain on how a simple request to change the sheets cannot be done immediately.

They said that they are not able to transfer me to the GM's line as the general manager will not be in until Monday. I said i wouldnt mind leaving a message to his line as I will be staying in manila until Wednesday. They advise that a duty manager will be able to assist me right away. Raymond Colaico was the duty manager that day. Carefully explained to him our concerns. He immediately transferred us to a different location and offered us a SPA compliments of the hotel. Spoke to Mr Colaico and mentioned to him the we will have a jammed pack days ahead and definitely appreciate the immediate assistance and acknowledgement of the concerns.

On the last evening of our stay, I spoke to Mr Colaico and mentioned to him that since we are not able to use to use the SPA that we would request to have the same discounted rate on our two last evening stay (same rate given to us for the weekend). Mr Colaico denied our request and strongly recommend for us to consider the SPA and would leave the SPA gift certificate at the front desk on our check out the next day. I mentioned to him that we are only visiting the Philippines and will not be back mostly next year and he promised us that the certificates will have no expiration and can be used anytime.

When we checked out the next day. There were no SPA gift certificates. The front desk attendant left us for a good 15 minutes to locate the Certificates. I asked the front desk again for the email and contact number for the GM of the hotel. As this service that they have provided us on our 5 days stay at the hotel with a charge of $800 is not acceptable. She then said that they run out of the GM's business card and that she does not have a contact information for him.

I was very upset that time and couldn't believe that a 4 star hotel in Makati could not live up to its standards and a simple request can not be done immediately.

I would never ever recommend for you to stay there. It was a horrible experience. I was blinded with its convenience of staying there. But i was ripped off.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank FlipCanucks
Reviewed November 5, 2009

Booked our stay 3 weeks before our trip via phone. I specifically asked as to the beds' size because im travelling with my husband and kids ages 9 and 6. And was told that the twin beds are large enough for an adult and a kid to fit in. Was disappointed because theyre pretty small and we needed an extra bed which they immediately provided free of charge.The beds could use a replacement coz the one we had was kinda lumpy. The bathroom was kinda outdated and the tv. We had a great view of the pool though.
The very good thing is the location. Its just across greenbelt 3 so its very convenient. With its location i can gladly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family