New World Makati Hotel
$38
$108
$80
Hotels.com
City Garden Hotel Makati(Makati)(Great Value!)
$51
$49
3,822 results
All reviewsresidence clubgreenbelt mallgreen beltbusiness tripexcellent locationthe executive loungeclub floorbreakfast buffetexcellent staystar hotelconvenient locationliving roomdollyshoppingwilsonmanilasecurity
Reviewed May 9, 2014

If going to the Greenbelt Mall is what you are looking to do in Makati, this is your hotel as it is right across the street from the front entrance. Not much else in the area though. Clean, mostly updated rooms at a very nice property. Small pool and very pricey though. Their breakfast is $20+ and good but not worth that much.
BUT.
Issue we had with the hotel: The toilet wouldn't flush THREE times and we had to call maintenance for the first two times. On the third, we said "give us a different room with a working toilet". It took all morning for them to arrange this, and they moved us down the hall. No room upgrade (ok), but not even putting us across the hall where there was a MUCH better view??? I even hinted at this. Not to mention that we missed breakfast (which cost us extra to be included in the room) while waiting and packing/unpacking. No voucher for a free meal for dinner to make-up for it? I asked if that was a possibility too (nicely). Nope.
And they will nickel and dime you to death here. A little customer service, when your hotel is clearly at fault, will go a long way. Especially when the hotel is not full and it would have been easy to throw the guests a bone to make-up for their room problem that put us out and cost us money. This separates a 4 star from an average hotel.

Room Tip: You can have a great view of Makati skyline if you are facing the mall area. If not, you have no view.
Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mike h
Reviewed May 3, 2014

The New World Makati hotel is relatively close to the airport and in the middle of the new business district of Manila. Rooms are decent looking and relatively spacious and have all the requirements (decent bathroom, good wifi, accessible power plugs, desk) for the business traveled. If I ever would need to go back to Manila, I will choose the same hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Eric d
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Me and my fiancé stayed in one of the Residence club rooms on the higher floors of the hotel. We had access to their lounge for breakfast and other timings.

The Hotel:
The hotel is located next to Greenbelt Mall just across the street. The hotel itself is modern equipped and staff is very helpful. Though the check-in was very slow, maybe due to the arrival time at 1am. The normal security checks are all done before entering but did not makes us feel secure at all as they are not really doing it properly and serious.

The room:
As mentioned we booked the residence club room. To be honest we expected something else. In our opinion the pictures of this room mislead your expectations. On the internet they really look a lot bigger. The available transparent room partition between the bathroom and the bedroom was a nice touch but is quite annoying if your loved one likes to visit the bathroom at night as the light can get very intense. The shower has no power and misses the impression of a Rain Shower feeling.
The window was somehow loose in our room. It was closed but still leaves a gap behind which gives the noises chance to enter.
The rest was fine and according to standard.

The lounge:
We really enjoyed the lounge here. In some hotels even in Dubai it is just another place to sit and have a small selection of what could be available at the bar or in the restaurant. Here they serve you fresh cooked rich dishes to choose from. Fresh fruits and other beverages as delicious desserts. Coffee could be better for a good start in the morning. The staff here's friendly and internationally experienced. Maybe that is the reason why sometimes they cannot stop talking to someone.

Location:
Located next to Greenbelt Mall it gives you several opportunities to choose for dining out and shopping. Very clean and not to crowded. A huge supermarket is located in Glorietta 5 min away from the hotel.
The airport is 20-30 min away from here depending on the traffic.

Overall a nice stay and we'll come back again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Marc T
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Accommodation:
-There are floors that are not yet renovated and floors that are renovated. Rooms are all still in good condition except that of course the newly renovated are more modern and attractive but overall, both are good accommodations.

Restaurants:
-There are 5 restaurant and/ or bar in the hotel. Mostly we've been in the Jasmine Restaurant and let me just tell you that this isn't your typical "fast' food Chinese restaurant. They serve the very best Chinese food I've ever tasted in Metro Manila and staff and manager are super accommodating. Cafe 1226 has a good selection too for a buffet, truly for a 5-star hotel and the lounge has good food too (although I've not tasted any of their drinks but having a lot of people even during weekdays says a lot already though). The newly opened "the shop" offers fulfilling and delicious bread and other pastries too but if i would complain about one thing, they offer too little of a selection. (NOTE: Sometimes there's also a barbecue party at the poolside bar too)

on CLUB EPICURE:
-If you are staying in the hotel for an overnight stay only or even longer, it would be best if you purchase their hotel membership as they serve cocktails three times a day and it offers free spa, birthday cake, wine, buffet lunch or dinner complimentary nights and upgrades and more. And the price of the membership is almost just the same (or maybe a bit more) of the price of an overnight stay in a deluxe room. (Plus you can also be on the club floor which is on the last 2 floors at the top of the hotel)

OVERALL, I think what makes New World Makati, Manila Hotel a better place to stay is it's location being just right in front of the premiere greenbelt mall which also has a connection to three more malls that almost has everything you would need, but at the same time it doesn't interfere in the privacy or exclusivity you would want in a 5-star hotel.

***We've been going in the hotel since its "Renaissance Hotel" times. We've been staying here at least twice a year. It is now called New World Hotel at present.

Room Tip: Get the hotel membership and splurge on the many privileges it has including the free room upgrade and complimentary night/s. It also has free spa, buffet lunch/ dinner, and a lot more. Also, ask to stay on the renovated floors if available.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2014

This is a review of 2 stays (totally about 2 weeks). I doubt I would return.

My first stay gave me much problems such that they hotel sent a fruit plate to my room to compensate. I appreciate their efforts in trying, and hence I returned for a second time, which I had equally bad experience.

My first stay was in a newly renovated deluxe room (This is a 20 year old hotel). The internet connection was so bad and unstable. I called the service desk who called the IT. The IT did not turn up nor was there any follow up from the service desk. I called again who mentioned that the IT checked that I was already connected so they did not turn up. I was upset because they did not even check what my needs were and concluded I did not need help. I had to explain the unstability of the network, haivng dropped line several times in an hour. I was surprised that I had to explain at length, such issues as I believe I would not be the first.

Upon my request again, the IT came the next day.

In this newly renovated deluxe room, the toilet could not flush well. The flush could run through the whole night, which even the neighbour can hear.

The lighting in the room is very dim, making it very difficult for make up, working and dining in the room.

The in room dining Wanton soup noodles was, unfortunately, the worst I have had so far because the noodles itself was a wrong choice of noodles, and hard, and the soup was tasteless.

I must admit that the friendliness was excellent (as in Philippines, my experience is that the people are very hospitable and warm). So I returned a second time hoping my first experience was an isolated case.

My second stay was in a standard room. The internet was more stable (see room tips) but still dropping line once everyone gets back from 10pm.

The standard room was just as dimly lit. Really dated. The beddings were obviously worn and thin. The shower head was totally a surprise. You can either set it to mist or tap, not shower. Aircon was only wind, even if set at the coolest. It was about 37 degrees outside.

I dined in the Jasmine restaurant and the lobby bar. I would rate the food in the Jasmine half a star. This half a star is given for its good service only. The chef and staff were very friendly.
I cannot award any star to the tasteless food. It would be last last time visitng this restaurant.

The lobby bar service needs training. With only about 10 guests & 4 staff on standby in the evening (7-8pm), they can take 25 minutes to bring a beer, and 10 minutes to close a bill.

The hotel is located a few steps away from the Greenbelt. It is convenient for restaurants and shops. Perhaps this is why the standard room, given it's dated, poor condition, is priced rather high. However, to top up 3000+ pesos to upgrade to the club room to avoid the issues mentioned above, I would rather book a nice standard/deluxe room in the same Greenbelt area.

Room Tip: rooms 18-20 have better wifi connection
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business