“Just average”

New World Makati Hotel
Ranked #8 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed March 3, 2014

The hotel has changed owners several times. I stayed here 5 years ago when it was the Renascence. The lobby and bars look nice and have good service but the rooms have not changed in 5 years, a minimal change on the headboards and repainted the furniture but basically the same. The breakfast at the restaurant is very good although a bit over priced compared with other hotels in the area. Bars and restaurants operate independent from each other and it is difficult to order food from the restaurant at the pool for example. Waitresses just say that it can't be done and you need to speak to a manager for them to allow them to serve you food from the restaurant at the pool. Their menus are outdated and the wine selection is very poor. Half of the wines on the menu are "out of stock" so you ask for suggestions, they suggest you a couple and when you pick one of their selections, they come back 20 minutes later to tell you that it is "out of stock" even though they just recommended it to you.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
FSchoucair, General Manager at New World Makati Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments. I am happy to let you know that we have completed the renovation of our Residence Club rooms and Deluxe rooms. I am likewise pleased to advise that we have updated our menus, and our bars are adequately stocked with our new selection of wines.

The manner by which your food order was handled was a lapse in service that is certainly not up to our standards, for which I would like to apologize. Please rest assured that we are continually working on meeting and exceeding our guests’ expectations.

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back to better serve you.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,541)

Reviewed February 26, 2014

hotel is fine, 5 star, only expensive when you compare what you get for the money. hotel is already older, location very good.
i stayed there several times, when asking them if they could store my luggage for a few hours on my way back through Manila, they refused, cause I had no room booked. I think for the fact that I left money already with their hotel, it is not a lot to ask, to take care of my luggage for 4 hours and make a existing customer happy. now they lost one customer who will never go back and choose another hotel instead, where I asked before if they would be happy to serve me in future

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2014

For years, I've stayed in my official hotel, New World for business and pleasure. The location is just opposite the shopping mall. I'm away from home and I want to make sure that my room is clean and comfortable so I can get a good rest and enjoy my day after a hard day's work. I'm very happy and satisfied with my room / bathroom being professionally cleaned, clean bedding's and linens complete with toiletries. Same also in the VIP lounge and breakfast at the lobby Cafe. The staff greets you with a smile. The staff are all very polite and deserve an appreciation and commendation from the management.

Leo Delgado
PHD Engineers

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I've stayed at the New World on numerous occasions and it is my preferred hotel in Manila. The rooms are modern and generally clean - although I did find a fingernail clipping on the vanity unit. Staff are freindly and generally helpful. The bar is relaxing and good to wind down in. The restuarant is excellent and has a very good breakfast and evening buffet. The coffee however is equally bad as everywhere else in the Philippines. The Hotel to Airport transfers are grossly overpriced - hire a cab for 1/10 of the price. The hotel is very conveniently located across from the Greenbelt.

Room Tip: The Hotel to Airport transfers are grossly overpriced - hire a cab for 1/10 of the price.
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 weeks as part of a business trip in Manaila.
I cannot comment on the cost as the room was covered by the company - I have read a lot of reviews saying it is very over priced.
The staff are all very polite and helpful here. Always welcoming you with a smile when you enter and at breakfast each morning.
I was in a lead in room on the 9th floor (superior I believe?) and found it to be a good sized room. Looked out over the pool and to the Greenbelt shopping complex. Room was clean and had a separate bath and shower which is always good.
The hotel is in a top spot - you cross the road and you enter Greenbelt 3 so easy access to lots of fantastic shops, restaurants, pubs etc
I did find that during the day the room was a little bit noisy as there was refurbs being done to the floor above us. Construction noise stopped at night so it wasnt a problem however I did hear from time to time people closing doors from other rooms and sometimes toilets being flushed by rooms next to us or above us so not too sure how sound proof the rooms are.
Would recommend the hotel for business or leisure stays because of its convenient location.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 22, 2014

It's only the location I chose this hotel for. Located just opposite the Greenbelt shopping mall, it's convenient.

Rooms have been just renovated therefore it's generally OK but when meticulously look into it, I found bathtub with some dust, toilet bowl with mouldy-smell of water, brownish colour of water from the tap, and stingy amount of drinking water prepared per room per night.

The standard deluxe room was not available during my stay therefore paid much premium to stay at their Residence Club. Lounge mostly overcrowded during evening cocktails -- staff overwhelmed preparing dishes that they can't be aware of newcomers.

If not for business, I would avoid staying at this hotel. Overpriced as if this was five stars. To me, its merely three star. Nothing impressive.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

This is a good hotel, beautiful, over friendly staff and the breakfast was extra-ordinary, never seen such a huge and varied breakfast.

I paid $12,000 peso but for a very average size room with twin beds, and a view of a wall and there is currently a lot of noise going on with renovations on the higher floors. I moved to Oxford suites because there was no room for me to stay longer at NW, i got a suite, queen bed, kitchenette, awesome views from 3 windows and angles, all for half the cost of NW, and it was right in the centre of burgos st. NW is OK if your cashed up, if you want real value for money plenty of other spots to try

Room Tip: take the breakfast, its an experience in itself!
1  Thank Pete c