“Good hotel, but IMHO overpriced”

New World Makati Hotel
Ranked #8 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed February 19, 2014

This is a good hotel, beautiful, over friendly staff and the breakfast was extra-ordinary, never seen such a huge and varied breakfast.

I paid $12,000 peso but for a very average size room with twin beds, and a view of a wall and there is currently a lot of noise going on with renovations on the higher floors. I moved to Oxford suites because there was no room for me to stay longer at NW, i got a suite, queen bed, kitchenette, awesome views from 3 windows and angles, all for half the cost of NW, and it was right in the centre of burgos st. NW is OK if your cashed up, if you want real value for money plenty of other spots to try

Room Tip: take the breakfast, its an experience in itself!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Pete c
Write a ReviewReviews (3,624)

Reviewed February 18, 2014

The staff at this hotel is incredibly disrespectful ad they all look like they're having the worst time of their life. We went to stay here after looking online to see that it was many different kind of rooms available and after all of the good reviews, here on tripadvisor we were hooked. We were on the airport of Manila and 30 minutes after, we arrived at the hotel. We had gotten there straight from Boracay so I was wearing a t-shirt and a pair of shorts and my boyfriend wore jeans and a shirt. When we got to the front desk the staff wasn't doing anything but talking to each other, they totally ignored us. After 5 minutes we said Hello, we would like to book any available room, (the price didn't mather because we weren't on a budget) and the receptionist looked at us very strangely, like "you can't afford to stay here" with frowned eyebrows, she didn't even look at the computer but just asked us to leave and said sorry everything is full, so we asked her.. How could all of the suits and rooms be booked in just 30 minutes? And she said sorry I can't help you, you need to leave.. EXTREMLY disrespectful staff.. I will never visit this horrible hotel again. The staff manager need to keep an eye at the people working at the desk because she is in no position to judge us.
We went to the Fairmont Hotel instead and booked the buisness suite. People, if you aren't wearing a suit don't excpect to be treated nicely.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jenkan90
Reviewed February 16, 2014

This is the logo of New World Hotel in Makati, Philippines website " IN OUR WORLD, PEOPLE ARE PUT FIRST, BECAUSE FIRST, WE ARE PEOPLE". Yes the hotel staff caters to people first if you have a different color of skin, unfortunately if your skin color is brown (kayumanggi) you are ignored and treated as a hooker. Why? Well, I had this incident with one of the hotel servers in the hotel's buffet breakfast, me and my husband stayed int this hotel while we were in Manila, one morning while we are getting our breakfast after being shown to our table a lady server ignored me all along, she had addressed my husband properly but not me. She gave our coffee in carafe with a thud on the table and never had once looked our way.There goes the "modern oriental hospitality" this hotel is boasting about. I am surprised and shocked at how a server will treat a customer, who is about to enjoy the delicious breakfast! And of course, at 8 in the morning when you are served with a waitress with an attitude it all makes everything wrong. The supervisor came and ask if everything is eveything is alright but alas, when I made a complaint she had a mocking face, like as if I was joking. Because of this treatment, we had to move to another hotel.
Nevertheless, the hotel location is very good, located along Manila's business district, walking distance to malls and restaurants located along the area.
Breakfast buffet food: sumptuous; buffet service: terrible. Rooms are alright, I just hope that the the windows for smoking room can slightly be opened so as not to stink the room. One more thing about this hotel, the roomboys are irritatingly harassing you of helping you out with your luggages but it is not because they do it as part of their role, they do it for the sake that you will give them tip, and if you don't acdept their request they will hate you because you are trying not to give them money. Hello, new world, is this a people first service???
Will I ever come back and stay int this hotel. NO. Will I recommend it to friends from abroad. NO.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank autumn_cloud
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Hotel was very nice, interiors , exteriors, everything was very nicely built and decorated. Security was also very tight.
Location also good It was near to 3 large shopping malls.
Overall my stay was very nice.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank simplyshivam
Reviewed February 14, 2014

The hotel was nice and the people that worked there were great! The breakfast was excellent and made the morning go well. Being across from the green belt was nice since there are so many places to shop and eat just across the road. I didn't give it five dots as the last morning I stayed there I had to take a cold shower. It appears as though the hot water was not functioning in the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 13, 2014

The New World Hotel is an excellent hotel to stay for business and/or vacation: Located very central in Makati, from here you can start a shopping tour, go out at night to listen to some great latino life music or have a beautiful dinner accross the street.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Peter B
Reviewed February 12, 2014

My husband, daughter and I stayed here for a week while sorting out our move to Manila. We stayed on the Club floor and enjoyed the extra level of service and hospitality that provided. On arrival there was problem with our room and without even missing a beat Stephen had us sitting comfortably at the Club Reception while he sorted it out. You know what they say.....if a problem gets sorted out properly you can end up being happier than you would have been if the problem had never occurred. That's what happened to us. Exceptional service that carried on throughout the whole week. Our room was comfortable, well-appointed and quiet. The Club Lounge was busy at times but offered a good selection of food and drinks (including wine and spirits).
I got the feeling the hotel itself may have catered primarily to business travellers but for us it was in an excellent location for shopping, restaurants, movies and exploring our new city.
The spa services were more functional than luxurious but were nevertheless relaxing. The pool was freezing (not what we expected! Do they chill the water?!) and we couldn't stay in for more than a few minutes. But it was quiet enough to relax poolside and read a good book.
We will probably not stay here again now that we live in Manila but we will always be thankful to Stephen and the rest of the New World team for making our arrival in the Philippines so great.

Room Tip: I think the Club Floors may have been recently renovated (a guess from comparing them to other floor...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family